“Excellent Restaurant!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
“Excellent Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I LOVE Mama's Style Kitchen! The atmosphere is great! It is a quaint little place just off the square in Ozark. You couldn't ask for a better selection, quality and price for the food! I have had almost everything on the menu and I have never had a bad meal; however, the cheesesteaks are my favorite!! The service is great-it's nice to walk into a place and be able to visit with the owner! All around a fabulous place! I can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ozark, Missouri
“Poor service, does not seem to care”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews, but we just left this restaurant and had terrible service! We arrived around 12:15, so expected a normal lunch crowd, but the waitress (possible owner) barely greeted us and seemed annoyed at our arrival. We placed our order by about 12:20, which we were happy about...at around 1, we still had no food and no explanation from anyone! Finally the waitress came over and with no sympathy at all said it would be a while longer because they had to "make the dough from scratch." This was after 30 MINUTES of nothing, and they were just then going to make the dough? (We had ordered calzones) Since we had a hungry toddler who was quickly losing patience, we changed our order, which still took another 15 minutes to come out, and the waitress/owner flatly said "sorry for the wait" and plopped our meals down. I have been to this restaurant twice before and this didn't seem to be the case, but was VERY disappointed they didn't even offer a free dessert or discount for the poor service. Food was only okay, and definitely not worth the price. I will not be returning to this restaurant, and will advise friends not to eat here either...as a local I am sad about our experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mama's K, Owner at Mama's Style Kitchen, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience in my restaurant. We pride ourselves on our food and service. I can only hope that you will consider returning and giving us a chance to right our wrong, I have no excuse for what happened the day that you were here. It was very busy and we make most everything on our menu from scratch so we do sometimes run out of things. We also make everything to order. We are locally owned and operated and need your support. I apologize again for your bad experience and hope that you will return.
“NEVER GOING BACK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We called and made reservations for 6 people. We got there 10 minutes early. They'd given our table to someone else. They hadn't even ordered food yet. The woman in charge was absolutely rude to us. We had never tried this restaurant and drove out of our way to eat there. We walked out without saying a word and we will absolutely, positively NEVER try to go there again. SERVICE MATTERS. I will tell all my friends.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ozark, Missouri
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went to mamas for a business lunch because I have heard good things on this new restaurant in town and I'm always down to try a new place. I'm the foodie of our office and as always they ask me where we should go. Everyone had something different and no one complained which told me everyone enjoyed the food. The homemade pizza dough is pretty amazing as well as their italian sausage. Can't go wrong with that.

It's a small place with outdoor seating but still limited. Get their early if going during a peak lunch or dinner time.

But great food at great prices :) I'll be going back for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Missouri
“Dining in style with Mama”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Lunch at Mama's Style Kitchen in Ozark was great: super-hot, crispy pizza; gorgeous stromboli; gyros, salads and sandwiches. There was a big lunch crowd on the day I visited with three friends to enjoy the Greek and Italian specialties. Efficient and energetic service from a knowledgeable wait staff made for a very pleasant experience, and the food was excellent. Mama's is open for lunch Monday through Saturday and for dinner Wednesday through Saturday. I made note of the hours because I simply can't wait to return for an evening visit to sample the homemade ravioli!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mama's Style Kitchen? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mama's Style Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.