“Average.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At Grand Glaize

Save Saved
You added Inn At Grand Glaize to your Saves list
Inn At Grand Glaize
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5142 Osage Beach Parkway, PO Box 969, Osage Beach, MO 65065   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
2 Nights for only $139*
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
“Average.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Good: we had a decent view of the lake. The bed was comftorable. It was a large room.

Bad: there was a problem at the front desk from our reservations but it took 3 times to get the right room. The room... The shower was horrid, the paint was chipping away in chunks along the baseboards, the screen to our balcony was half on and half dangling. The tv had about 5 channels that weren't static. I thought the elevator was going to stop on us, it needs major updating and maintenance. Sometimes the smaller things make a bigger impact. We only stayed one night but I reccomend paying $15 more to stay at the nicer resorts. So, Our stay was average.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint Peters, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff were the best we ever experienced. We stayed on the fourth floor which is the registration floor. The Hotel is dated but our room was clean. The room had a small fridge which kept items cold and a microwave. We had a great lake view off our balcony. We will go back in the spring.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the lake
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pros: The people at the desk were nice, and check in/ check out was very easy.

Con: Neither of the pros makes this hotel worth staying in. This hotel is very old and run down. It addition to the much needed updates it needs a really good cleaning. It is very evident from the smell that it hasn’t had a good cleaning in a while. Our room had the same smell as the hotel. We had a lake view room but the condition of the balcony as well as the unkempt grounds below kept us from actually going out the enjoy the view. There was a small whole in a wall, my husband had to kill a spider, and there were hair bands from a prior guest on the floor beside the night stand. The room clearly doesn’t get a good cleaning after every guest as it should. You could just tell it wasn’t “fresh”. We didn’t dare try the restaurant. It might be good, but with the cleaning conditions as they were I wasn’t going to chance it. I wouldn’t have stayed, but we did the four day special that we couldn’t get a refund for. We stayed out most of the day to be away from the hotel. We decided before we left for this trip that we would stay 2 additional days if it nice. Of course we decided against that our first day there, but we did go to another resort that we loved. As I said before this hotel does need some updating…but I would have cared less about that if the place was actually clean.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel if you want a good room.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
GrandGlaize, Guest Relations Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear 99nell,

I am sorry that your stay with us did not meet your standards. I have forwarded your input to our housekeeping department so that they may address your concerns and improve. I thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope that you will one day return so that we can take the opportunity to change your current opinion of us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had a formal with my fraternity here and it could not have gone better. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. They put us in the corner of the hotel so that we would have privacy and other visitors would be away from our group. They had a private banquet room set up for our dinner, the dinner was good, and they made an effort to accommodate all our requests. I really appreciated how we were treated like a normal group and not college kids who don't matter. They helped us take stuff to our rooms and transport our things down to the marina without us even asking. I want to specifically give a shout to Chris, the most friendly and helpful worker I have encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ozarktraveler18,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Chris will be thrilled to hear your kind words. We hope that you visit us again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely ridiculous! Husband and I went here for the honeymoon! Will never ever be staying here again. First room we booked a month in advanced mind you... Smelled horribly of smoke, had old food still in the fridge, oh and my favorite hair in the bathtub!!!! Sick sick sick! I went downstairs and demanded my money back which we were not given! The simply put us in a different room. Was not happy at all! Food was awful and when asked to bring us something else they did but with hair in it! Seriously don't waste your time or money here! Ruined our time completely! Also old and run down! Cleanliness and updating isn't in their vocabulary!

• Stayed August 2014
GrandGlaize, Guest Relations Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Jbgray0823,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was unpleasant. We are appreciative of your feedback as we will use this to identify areas of opportunity in all departments of the hotel. We hope that you will consider visiting us again so that we may change your original impression of us and allow us the opportunity to show you our improvements and the true standards we strive for here.

Warmest Regards,

Rachel
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I travel to this area twice a year for a personal social gathering. We hold our banquets at the Inn at Grand Galize and we also stay in the rooms while we're there. GREAT staff, good location, awesome views of the lake from the one side of the building. Very nice hotel for it's age.

My only caution for you, watch out for the Frat Parties that travel by the BUS LOADS. On more than one occasion there has been a HUGE party going on there during our stays, even in the "off season" they come to party at the lake. The Hotel staff works very hard to keep them at bay, but it's almost an impossible feat. Dance parties in the stairways, alcohol containers litter the grounds every morning.

Room Tip: Ask for lake side rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Chuff77,

Thank you for being a frequent visitor and for your review of the hotel. We hope that you return soon and look forward to seeing you again. Please let us know next time you visit us so we can take the opportunity to thank you in person,

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

What bothered me is the smell of the restroom. It was an offensive smell the whole time. I cannot even brush my teeth inside or else im just gonna throw up. I didn't find the hotel really clean. I am just a little bit clean freak but this one didn't pass my standards. Also, they need renovation especially the scary elevator.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GrandGlaize, Guest Relations Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Vivien,

Thank you for your review of your trip with us. We have taken the cleanliness issues into account and we will use your review to work with our staff in reminding them of the standards we expect from them.

Best regards,
Rachel

Been to Inn At Grand Glaize? Share your experiences!