“Not terrible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Inn At Grand Glaize

Save Saved
You added Inn At Grand Glaize to your Saves list
Inn At Grand Glaize
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5142 Osage Beach Parkway, PO Box 969, Osage Beach, MO 65065   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
2 Nights for only $139*
Ranked #14 of 17 hotels in Osage Beach
WI
“Not terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed recently for one night on business. Can't comment on view as I was looking at the roof of the lobby. Yes, the rooms are a bit outdated. Old tube TV, peeling paint/wallpaper,old lamps, noisy heat/ac unit. A bit dusty. But the bed was pretty comfortable, common areas were decent and very clean. More than anything that struck me was the quality service from everyone I encountered, front desk, bar, etc....excellent and beyond friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a great place to stay in Osage Beach. We had a room with a view of the lake and the rates were reasonable. It's central location was close to several nice restaruants and the Premium Oultet Mall. It is a great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I absolutely loved my experience here and so did my friends. The view of the lake was excellent and the hotel is right by everything you could want to access. We enjoyed the view of the lake from the restaurant balcony. The rooms were older, but very clean. Housing keeping and the front desk were very hospitable and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Camdenton, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is located on the shore of Lake of the Ozark, secluded but extremely accessible. Rooms are spacious, food and amenities are great, meeting rooms are spacious, and the staff is very responsive - what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Do not stay here. We came here as I was speaking at a conference here. The rooms are a mess, unclean, old and not maintained. The pool had not been cleaned and had all kinds of debris and mold, the sauna was broken. We found a dead bug in our bed when we checked in, our friends found nail clippings on the floor when they checked in. It is very run down.

• Stayed September 2012
GlaizeGM, General Manager at Inn At Grand Glaize, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I never ignore negative reviews and I am very sorry you had a less than wonderful stay. I am sure the hotel was full and probably since the group had run of the house we use all rooms we can. I do wish I knew which room you stayed in. The paint crew in on 2nd floor today (10/1/12) and will continue moving through the hotel. Our housekeeping staff is getting a good shake up from several reviews that do not sit well with me. We are trying to make this a great place. Our location is super and our view is fantasic! We certainly have some nice rooms and that is the reason I am searching out any rooms that are not as good and beginning with those first to bring up to date. I see you enjoy reviewing many properties and restaurants. I can assure you we are underway doing what we can to renovate. We can only do this during the off season which begins now. Thanks for your review even though I feel it is a bit harsh but I am biased as well. Oh...the pools are now winterized as they were really not open or being maintained with the weather we have had. I will check out the other issues you brought up. Thanks,

Jeff Wohlt
General Manager.
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We recently stayed overnight at Inn Grand Glaize with our small dog. The main purpose of our trip was to see how our dog would behave in a hotel (she did great) and the hotel staff did well by giving us a room at the end of the main corridor so there would not be a lot of traffic passing our door. The room was clean and the view was great overlooking the lake. The property however is a bit run down. I was concerned about the railing on the balcony (although it was nice to have a wired covering to prevent children/pets from falling) as the wood was rotting and a lot of the exteriors looked in tough shape. While we might stay there again if in the area (it's a good value), I would probably try to find a property that is better maintained. Also, the bathroom was extremely small and you could barely shut the door without hitting the toilet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at Inn @ Grand Glaize in Osage Beach, MO recently for an R & R weekend to myself. I had stayed here years before and it was fabulous....not so much so now. The hotel was ok. It was clean but just left alot to be desired. The advertisement stated indoor pool - they have an outdoor pool but the indoor is not a pool..it's the whirlpool and sauna which was fine. There were alot of things that could be upgraded, chipped/cracked paint, hallway was a little musty. Housekeeping could have done a MUCH better job, They gave me fresh towels and emptied my trash cans, but they could have done better than "spread up" the bed..it was not really made up. And the hairdryer was on the sink with a big hole and hooks in the wall from where it was supposed to go. They do have a spa now which was nice and having a balcony was great to sit out on and enjoy the brisk lake night. The bed was comfortable...just a little old.

Room Tip: At least get a Lake View room so you can enjoy the beauty of the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inn At Grand Glaize? Share your experiences!