“Doubled the price!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

You added Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark to your Saves list
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   494 Tan-Tar-A Drive, Osage Beach, MO 65065   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
Carrollton, Missouri
“Doubled the price!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We planned a family vacation over memorial weekend. My parents, both my brothers' families, an aunt and her daughter and my family were in attendance. We were given a booking price of $523 each cabin. I was sent confirmations with that price. However, when we checked in they charged us over a thousand dollars each cabin! When we complained and gave them the confirmation numbers, we were told that we had to have printed proof of those prices. My family had driven 5 hours for this vacation and we couldn't afford the new room prices! We were forced to stay in the cramped hotel and keep ice in our coolers so our food wouldn't spoil. On top of that, we had to drag our coolers to find an open grill so we could eat the food we brought. It was our first planned family vacation and it was spoiled! It was awful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Amy R,

We hope that you were able to enjoy at least some of your vacation, and we do sincerely apologize for the issues that you encountered during your visit. I can only assume that there was a miscommunication at time of reservation. We reserved 4 two-bedroom suites for you and your family instead of 4 one-bedroom suites. Unfortunately, there weren’t any one-bedroom suites available to move you to. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to speak with us further about this matter, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Office at 573-348-3131 so that we can respond personally to your concerns.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here on the Estate side for a family reunion. We stayed in Estate Room 6243/352. This is a one bedroom with kitchen, living area and a nice large deck. Overall it is nice although it could use some serious updating. The beds were a little wore out to the point they were lopsided and you felt like you were falling to the middle all the time. Other than that to facilities are very nice and well kept. We went to both outdoor pools and they were nice and not overly crowded. Service at the Arrowhead pool was very good. We also played putt putt golf and it is a nice little course that is in very good shape. We had our get togethers in the Crystal Room. It is a very nice room that is well kept with lots of room for our whole family (over 100 people). Wish we could have spent more time but we only had the weekend for the reunion. Overall we would like to come back again sometime on our own and try the resort again. If they continue to do updates to the rooms and houses I would give this place a 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: They have a great shuttle service throughout the resort if you are on the estate side and don't...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear jeffrey w,

Thank you for choosing Tan-Tar-A Resort to host your family reunion. We loved having you and your family here and look forward to having you back as our guest again soon!

Kindest regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have been coming to Tan-Tar-A for years and have been saying that the resort needed an upgrade. Looks like the new owners realized it also. New rooms are really nice and they no longer smell like mildew. Great job!

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve a room in the main building. Do not do 'run of the resort' unless you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Izel,

Thank you for being a loyal guest.! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review, and look forward to your next visit!

Kind regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Overall, it was a decent resort. Room was nice and clean. However, the door to our building would not close completely and bugs would get in the hallways. The area and views are gorgeous but the resort is built in a hilly area which makes it sort of difficult to get around. Someone with a disability may find it difficult to climb up and down the hill to get to all the different activities and amenities. Restaurants are slightly overpriced but that is somewhat expected in a resort. We also had trouble getting a hold of staff. Called several different departments with no answer and had to call back multiple times until I was able to speak to someone. Parking is also limited.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda H,

Thank you for your recent stay at Tan-Tar-A Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and our location, however, we apologize that you had difficulties reaching different departments by phone and for the issue with the door to your building. I have forwarded your concerns to our Director of Operations.
Obviously we would have hoped you felt our facilities were nothing short of excellent, but again we appreciate your honesty and feedback to help us improve upon what we have to offer. We do hope when you are traveling in the area again, that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had a horrible experience, and won't be back.

We arrived to our resorts complex condo at approximately 9PM. We tried to park in our assigned spot for room number 7005, and a car was already parked there. There were other spots for rooms 7000,7001,7002,7003,7004, etc.. those were all taken as well. We could hear and see a large party in the complex of approximately 10-15 people. We called guest services, and guest services told us they would send security out. We waited 30 minutes, with a 5 year old daughter that needed sleep. Security finally arrived, and basically told us we should just switch our room. As we were waiting for security, I saw several party complex vistors come and go.

1) You coin this resort as a family resort, but seem to cater of parties that violate rules and assigned parking.

2) The situation was handled poorly. A professional security department would have immediately went up to the room, told them not to have a party in a hotel room and be respectful of other guests, I believe the state has an occupancy limit on hotel rooms, just my guess.. and had the offending parkers move.

3) As I went up to the front desk to check out. I told the front desk agent how unpleased. He went on about although they are a family resort, they have a responsibility to keep the occupant that is in the room happy as well. He stated that 'People come here to have a good time.' I'm sorry, but my five year old daughter is not going to be subjected to a party.

4) I reserved my room through hotwire, at a decent rate. I paid an upgrade fee to get into a better room, well I thought it was a better room. I was only refunded my upgrade fee for the second night, and they told me that I had to deal with hotwire to get a refund. Great, I'm sure that will be a pleasure to deal with. This place put a big negative on my family vacation and can't even make things right.

We checked out and went to a competing hotel. I am very displeased.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear gwellman99,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. Every comment that we receive is valuable in helping us evaluate and improve our quality of service. We are sorry your neighbors had a negative impact on your stay, and that you felt like we handled the situation unprofessionally.
I understand the parking situation must have been frustrating since you saw a spot with your room number on it and someone else was parked there. However, parking is first- come-first-serve. The homeowner may have their parking spots numbered, but that is for their personal use. Our guests do not have assigned parking.
I spoke to security and their reports show that our officer did arrive in a reasonable amount of time, and that the neighbor’s gathering was not out-of-hand. We try our best to make things right when situations such as these occur and we apologize that the offer we extended to you did not meet your expectations.
Our Reservations Manager spoke with Hotwire, and you will receive a full refund. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please call our Executive Office at 573-348-3131. We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Tan-Tar-A Resort in the future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed at the resort for the MAWD conference this week. Unfortunately there was another conference (State Farm) at the same time so the check-in line was really long. Jasen Jones jumped in and began to dwindle down the line by seperating the check-in's from the check-out's. This made the wait shorter.

Also during my stay, Jasen was extremely helpful, professional and knowledgeable. He had great advice on where to go around town and what to do at the resort. Not to mention, he remembered me by name!

Room Tip: Choose the main building (building A) or building "E" because they are updated. Also, requ...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DianneS0260, Guest Relations Manager at Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Professional545,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that Jasen took great care of your needs. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Kind regards,

Chillicothe, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have stayed at Tan-Tar-A many times for personal and work purposes; the resort is beautiful! Just recently, I asked about accomodations for an individual in a wheel chair who has difficulty navigating anything but level, smooth surfaces. The manager, Jasen Jones, was especially interested in making sure the resort was accessible to my friend. All I had to do was ask!

Jasen - you and your staff are great to work with; MUCH APPRECIATED.

When I stay at Tan-Tar-A, I love the cabins by the outdoor pool. They are roomy, a little more private than the hotel rooms, and the cabin patios are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin by the pool - you won't be sorry!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for your fantastic review! Indeed, the suites near Arrowhead Pool are an excellent choice and the views are stunning!
I am also excited to hear of the excellent service you received from Jasen and the other associates at the front desk. Please be assured that Jasen will get the proper recognition for his professional guest service. Thank you for your loyalty to Tan-Tar-A. We look forward to your return in the near future!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!