I was the organizer of a large group that stayed at Tan-Tar-A for a conference and family retreat. Knowing that the resort has mixed reviews, I went in with an open mind. The resort has been around for a long time and has a lot of different options to choose from for accommodations. It does need some renovations to bring it up to a more modern standard and they were starting those renovations while we were there. I found the resort and group staff to be VERY accommodating. They went above and beyond what we asked for in all situations. They took extra time and effort to make our group dinners special with decor and theme that we weren't expecting and the food was fantastic. Many of our guests commented that the group dinners were the best banquet meals they have ever had at a hotel/resort. I also ate in the Black Bear Lodge several times and found the food to be very good.
Sleeping rooms are quite spacious and provide plenty of room for families and all the 'stuff' that travels with them. Many of the rooms offer sofa sleepers and all rooms have a mini-fridge. These are important amenities for families.
The main outdoor swimming pool area is nice and in a good location with a large deck area, snack bar and children's area. I did not visit the indoor waterpark, but found the daily cost of entry to be quite high.
The Oaks Golf Course is a phenomenol location and was in great shape while we were there. Our group outing was very well received there.
I would highly recommend this location to anyone that is looking for a reasonably priced family vacation in the Midwest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Tan-Tar-A Resort, we provide guests endless excitement with an abundance of year roundrecreational activities in a casual and relaxed resort setting with an experienced team offriendly staff. Conveniently located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri,Tan-Tar-A Resort offers a great value for families, couples, and conference attendees with:- Exciting water adventures including wave runners, and ski, pontoon & paddle boatrentals- Wet, wild indoor family fun at Timber Falls Indoor Waterpark- 27 holes of championship golf with tree-lined fairways, rolling hills and breathtakingvistas of the Lake of the Ozarks- The “Bears Den” Arcade, guided horseback trail rides, miniature golf, a bowling alley andtwo outdoor tennis courts provide guests of all ages a variety of fun experiences- Seasonal supervised fun for kids ages 4-12 at “Kids Kabin” and “Camp Tan-Tar-A”. Whilethe adults are golfing or enjoying a romantic day at the spa, the kids can have the timesof their lives with a variety of affordable fun activities2- Windjammer Spa and Salon is the place to spend a day nourishing your body and soul inan intimate, relaxed setting- 9 restaurants & lounges available to suit every palate and pocketbook, from hardycasual Ozark favorites to lakeside dining- Over 90,000 square feet of customizable indoor meeting space with 30 meeting rooms,as well as multiple scenic outdoor venues- Experienced, down-to-earth conference planning team offering solutions to unique groupevents- Personalized, custom wedding services, down to the last detail ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina And Indoor Waterpark
- Tan-Tar-a Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Osage Beach
- Osage Beach Tan Tar a Resort
- Tan Tara Resort
- Tan Tar Hotel Osage Beach
- Tan Tar Resort Osage Beach
- Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark Lake Of The Ozarks/Osage Beach, MO