“Would stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

4616 Hwy. 54, Osage Beach, MO 65065   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Osage Beach B&B and Inns
“Would stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hubby and I stayed in the honey moon suite and really enjoyed our stay. The pool was great and the location was perfect, so close to the mall you could walk it. The room was a little dated, wall paper peeling in a few places but it was clean and the tub was huge ! They do offer a small breakfast in the front lobby but the eating area is small and the food was gone by the time we got there (9 am) but all and all for the price, cleanliness and location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Warrensburg, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I decided to attend the 2013 Pub Crawl event at the lake and chose this establishment based on reviews on the internet and locations that were familiar with people that spend a lot of time at the lake. When checking in we found the staff to be very polite and efficient with getting us into our room. The room we had was one of the themed rooms. It was very spacious and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and even though some other reviews had stated problems with water temperature, we had hot water every time it was used. I didn’t receive any information on a indoor/outdoor pool or exercise room, this is why my ratings on these areas are low. The continental breakfast was ok, and if I felt that one area could be easily improved, this would be it. The only real option for food other than a banana or a danish was biscuits and gravy. They had no eggs, sausage, waffles, or any of the other things you find on most continental menus. If they were to improve this area IMO it would be fives across the board.
All in all I had a great stay and would defiantly, and will, come back to the Village Inn at Osage Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fordland, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was my first stay here. Generally, this inn is a good value. Room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. This place is, seemingly anyway, a mom and pop kind of place where the owner(s) actually work there. I had a similar experience as Vicki H -- that is, difficult time getting sufficient hot water -- even at 5 am (missed detail number 1). I was annoyed because the lid to the coffee pot was broken at the "hinge" and kept falling off (one more of the missed details). At the time of making a reservation, I had also requested a room with parking at the door (this inn has a combination of corridor rooms, rooms that open directly to the parking lot, and rooms with parking directly in front of the door). I always request parking AT the door due to considerable equipment I must bring in and out during a stay. In spite of my requested preference, I was assigned a room with a door opening to the parking lot (missed detail number 3). Also, as Vicki H experienced, I did not find the owner/check in person overly outgoing nor particularly (seemingly) appreciative of my patronage. That's pretty uncommon among the mom and pop joints. In spite of these annoyances, I must say that on balance my stay was quite pleasant. I would likely stay here again; if for no other reason than there are not terribly good choices for reasonably priced lodging in the Osage Beach area. I will be trying another inn in Osage Beach next week. I will update my fellow travelers on that experience accordingly. Meanwhile, Peaceful Blessings and Safe Travels, Brother Bill, Shepherd's Assistant, Nazarean Missions - moreableinc.org.

Room Tip: The room I had (# 124) was quite clean, comfortable -- ok +.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We drove to the lake on a whim and chose this hotel for the themed room with the jacuzzi in the room for less than $100. Located right next to the factory outlet stores. What more can a girl ask for? Will go back over the summer!

• Stayed November 2012
Buckner, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The person (which we later learned was the owner, at least that's what he told us) checking us in was not friendly at all. The hotel itself was fairly clean and all went well until we tried to shower the next morning and had no hot water. The water would get at best luke warm for about 30 seconds and then turn ICE cold for 2-3 minutes and sometimes get luke warm again for another 30 seconds. We notified the front desk and a man who identified himself as the "owner" came up and let the water run for 2-3 minutes at which time it got luke warm for 30-45 seconds and he said, this water isn't cold but my husband explained that it didn't stay warm. He said he would go check the "scald valve". He left and we waited, waited and didn't hear anything else but there was still no hot water. My husband went back to the lobby to see if there was a resolution and the "owner" was behind the desk checking people out and my husband explained we still had no hot water and that he thought it was in the valve. The "owner" said nothing and kept on with what he was doing. He NEVER offered a resolution to the fact that we couldn't shower, no apology and was appauld when I complained at check out. After accusing me of yelling (which I was not) his response to my complaining was and I quote "here's what I'm gonna do I'm giving you a free room just to get you out of here". I told him I did not expect a free room, I just expected him to show some concern for our issue. He insisted on the free room and told my husband after I walked out of the lobby "she walked in here expecting a free room". My husband tried to further explain the real issue was his total lack of customer service and that he had not offered any resolution such as offering us someplace else to shower, but to no avail. We left and will NEVER return there. We have never had such poor customer service from a hotel and we have stayed at times in some real dives!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We were vey happy with our experience and would stay again. This is a family run business and all were very friendly and accommodating. The entire facility was extremely clean and well kept. Attractive from the outside and adjacent to the mall. Basic but good hot/cold breakfast in the morning, good and hot coffee. Good restaurants close by, if you like BBQ there is a restaurant called Wobbly Boots a couple of blocks away that was excellent! I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Always a welcome place to stay while in Osage Beach!.... clean, comfortable, and friendly. We've visited in June and again in November. both times were very good experences. Loaction is great - just next door to the Outlet Mall and boutiques and great dining near-by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Osage Village Inn? Share your experiences!