“What a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Save in July - $69
St Joesph , Missouri, United States
“What a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed for several days. Very neat, clean, and most of all friendly and helpful. I enjoyed sitting out on the deck, very quite night and relaxing. Quality of the rooms are top notch, and decorated with great themes. My conversation with other guest have the same comments. Cant wait to go back. See ya soon!!!!

Room Tip: Ask when you call and Neil or Karen will give the descriptions of the rooms available. Different st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I paid for 1 full week, the cost was a little over 1200 dollars. I tripped over 1 of the many screws sticking up out of the other decks, resulting in my arms going through a window I had a severe laceration on my left bicep, and they provide me with absolutely 0 first aid. they couldn't offer me a bandage no neosporin no nothing, I ended up with 13 stitches in my arm plus they ask me to leave after the second day and did not refind any of my money, I would never ever in 1,000,000 yearS for this condominium complex to anybody that wants to have a good time at the lake of the ozarkS, save your time and money and go somewhere else

• Stayed August 2012
Ipava
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our family has stayed at Kapilana for the last 15 years at least. We have had many nice times there. The condos are nice. A few years ago I would have rated this place excellent, mainly due to the hosts, the Hull's. They just made everyone feel right at home. A few years ago this resort changed hands. The new owners , sad to say, are not near as friendly as the former ones. They seem more interested in the "business" than making people feel at home and wanting to return. Not saying that we would never return but this year will be trying another resort.

Room Tip: We like either the walk-in parking lot level or the level closest to the water.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Freeburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We enjoyed our 3-night stay in a 2-bedroom suite/condo. It had a full kitchen and laundry, was clean and spacious. Being there in HOT June we didn't use the gas fireplace, but it was lovely. There are boat docks if you bring a boat, and a good-size balcony to enjoy the view of the quieter end of the Lake. There is a roped off area for swimming in the lake, and a nice sparkling pool. Only drawbacks - the sofa bed was extremely "boney" and uncomfortable, and you have to tote your garbage to the dumpster at the end of your stay. No online reservations, you have to call; but then you get to talk to the charming host! They will ask how many are traveling and recommend a room or suite/condo. Wonderful hosts and a resort stay that is a throw-back to the old days, we enjoyed it and will stay there again.

Indpendence, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

took a 3 night vacation with my husband and my 2 nieces, 16 & 13 years. We had so much fun the whole time. We spent about 90% of our time there in the awesome pool! We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom poolside apartments. It was so affordable and very nice! Management and staff were really nice and friendly! The overall feel of the resort was home! The other guests were like friends and family. The resort was close to everything but a bit off the beaten path, so it was quiet and relaxing! We will be back next summer and we'll be bringing the rest of our family! Can't wait to go back !

Room Tip: The only thing I have to mention that was a problem was that our room didn't have an oven, only...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We recently had our 50th Family Reunion, here at Kapilana, My family stayed in one of the 3 bedroom condos, and it was most comfortable, 2 of the bedroom had access to the patio, and that was great, morning coffee was nice, I could see the lake, the pool and the playground,
we had access to the patio near the pool for our family lua which was great. Our experience was great, hope to get back there soon. Thanks Karen and Neal for making our family very welcome.

Room Tip: I love the Lakefront rooms, which had the 2/3 bedrooms.
Osage Beach, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

we were very pleased to stay at a wonderful resort. the price fit our budget and we received way much more then we expected. the owners were wonderful to have our room ready when we arrived late in the night from a 13 hour drive. They offered maps of nearby attractions. Thank you Neil and Karen for a wonderful place to spend our vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kapilana Resort? Share your experiences!