“Great SMOKE” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 80 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Hamburgers, Soups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is your friendly neighborhood bbq joint. We specialize in great comfort food (think hickory smoked meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy). Wobbly Boots has been praised by Southern Living, Golf Magzine, Lake Lifestyles, and the KC Star. Barbecue is the staple but the burgers, wings and soups are also fantastic.
Osage Beach, Missouri, United States
“Great SMOKE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten there many times and have had most things on the menu. All the things that I have had have been very good and the right amount of smoke. Also the beer is great and plenty to pick from. I wish they still had the BOOT mugs.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hannibal, Missouri, USA
“High noise level but good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I will start by saying that we were there on Memorial Day Monday night and the place was really full. We had about a 20-30 minute wait to be seated. The waitress came right over and took our order. She was very nice and did a good job. The food itself was very good, but we had to wait at least 30+ minutes to receive it after ordering. The wait was somewhat excessive. I had the pulled pork and turkey and it was very good. The turkey was extremely salty, but honestly, that is better imo than being under seasoned. The smoke flavor itself was delicious. We all ordered beans as sides. They were ok, but would have been better had they been smoked as well. My husband had the three meat platter and his favorite was the sausage which was surprising. The brisket was good as well, but we both agreed that the smoked pulled pork we do at home is better. My son enjoyed his brisket sandwich and his mac & cheese side was just ok in his opinion. Prices were ok, nothing great, nothing excessive. But what was excessive was the noise level. We found it hard to have any sort of conversation across the table.

Would we go back? Yep, sure! But honestly, because of the noise we would probably go to Half-Sauced first, for BBQ.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macomb, IL
“Good BBQ, busy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Wobbly Boots has been around awhile and has recently moved to a new location just short of the Grand Glaze bridge. This new building is much larger and accommodates more customers. This is a good thing since they were always full and still are very busy, even in the middle of the week. They do take reservations though and have an interesting beeper system that texts your phone when your table is ready. The atmosphere is pretty loud in their open layout design. Several large monitors have sports on, reminding me of a sports bar theme. I had the smothered brisket, which was tasty though the bun could have been sturdier and got soggy and unmanageable by the last bite. They have curly fried and sweet potato fries and both are excellent. They also have onion rings big enough to wear as bangles! There are several BBQ places on the lake and Wobbly Boots is very good. If you would like to try an alternative, consider Half-Sauced, also on HWY 54 across from Walmart.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kwajalein
“Fantastic hickory smoke smell before I left the car!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The aroma when I arrived was great. Hickory smoke was wafting from the restaurant. Everyone was very friendly. The food was fast and good and prepared to my order. Jessica was an excellent server. It was rated in the top 10 on Trip Advisor for the area when I arrived and I can see why.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Down Home BBQ at the Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Great larger location with patio next to the old one, which was small and due to popularity had long lines and waits. Very tasty baby back BBQ pork ribs, cole slaw, baked beans and fries. Pulled pork sandwiches are big and delish. BBQ sauce on table so you can have as much as you'd like.
Variety of sandwiches and salads on menu. Large, well stocked bar with cold beer. Live music on weekend nights add to fun atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere