“Stay away from Don... at this Motel!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Osage Beach
mo
“Stay away from Don... at this Motel!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

The manager, Don, has not changed from the horrible reviews in 2007 and 2008 - We had an experience like no other at this motel - DO NOT GO THERE!! unless you like to have a rude, inconsiderate, hateful and lying person (Don) to help you. He charged us 90 dollars for one night because we had our pet in a building that was not a "Pet Building" The lady that checked us in the night before,... put us in that building!! Which by the way he could not get in contact with the next morning. We paid our pet deposit as we should. However, since we were in that building we did not get our 40 security back. Our dog is totally trained and so no problem with that part...He was rude, sarcastic, and when we said we will review this online he said - "Go ahead and lie all you want" He should not be in this business, he is the most hateful person we have ever dealt with and should not be allowed to remain in it. We will do whatever we have to in order to get this most hateful man out of this motel!!!! DO NOT GO THERE!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

Needed a pet friendly hotel to stay at as we attended a wedding at Lake of the Ozarks. We decided to stay at this hotel and were very disappointed in the lack of accommodations and service. First of all, the hotel management informed us that their hotel had “several places” for our dog to use the bathroom. However, we found this to be far from the truth. Your choice for this came in one of two places. One, a small spot of about 10 square yards that did not have grass and, on top of this, was covered in commercial grade rock and gravel. The next area did have grass, but was located just off the main highway in front of the building. In addition, it was a hill that was at least a 45 degree angle! Not an ideal place to walk a dog. We had to load our dog in the car and travel to another area. As if this was not enough, during one afternoon of our stay, water began to leak from the ceiling and walls from the room above us. We were fortunate to be in the room at the time in order to move our belongings otherwise, we would have suffered major damage to them. We called the front desk and were told that an attendant would first go to the room above us and then to our room to help with any clean up. After more than an hour, NOT ONE PERSON CALLED OR CAME TO OUR ROOM. After this, we decided to leave and find another hotel. As we were at the front desk paying for our one of two nights, I explained our issues. This was met with complete sarcasm, rudeness and a complete lack of empathy on the part of the hotel mgr, Ron. I mentioned the fact that there is not an area to walk a dog as I pointed at the dangerous, highway-side hill. He sarcastically remarked that “this is the Ozarks ya know”. Then, as far as the water issue, no apologies given or reasoning as to why no one came to our room or even called. He explained that they went to the source of the issue and that’s all that was needed. Even when I explained that WE were left to deal with clean up and that we were told that someone be at our room asap, he actually griped at us that we had our ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door! This was ridiculous considering WE CALLED ABOUT THE ISSUE! He continued to act rude as we checked out and I basically had to raise Cain just to get some sort of compensation for our troubles. Of course, this came not as a discount from the hotel, but a charge of $20 TO THE PEOPLE IN THE ROOM ABOVE US. Ron took absolutely no responsibility in the fact that the place was not “pet friendly” as advertised and that fact they should have come to our room to help with the water issue regardless of how the issue began.
Stay far away from this place and stay instead at the Dogwood Inn that has much better accommodations and service and is just a few blocks away.
Have since learned there are several other reviewers that feel the same. Many complaints logged to the Better Business Bureau.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2008

BEWARE BEWARE DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT INFORMATION STOLEN FROM YOU. I Walked into office to obtain two rooms for the evening with my son's family and myself. One smoking and One non smoking. My son completed his transaction and mine was started. My credit card was swiped and as we talked I found out that the rooms were in two different buildings. Okay I thought I smoke but am an adult I can smoke outside. I asked to have the room changed to a non smoking room and was denied. YOU SMOKE... yes... but I am 53 and know what no smoking means please change my room... after a 5 min lecture on how there best not be smoke smell in the room and from his VERY VERY RUDE behavior, I figured this isnt going to go right here I dont feel comfortable or safe just refund my Credit Card. THE OWNER/MANAGER absolutely refused we have a contract. Well I had to call the police because of his behavior to protect myself even though this was a civil matter. When I asked for the refund on my and my son's card we were in the lobby, I never even had a key card presented to me until he threw it on the counter for the police to see. I had not seen the rooms, never went to the rooms, never checked in other than getting my Credit Card Swiped. This was not a cancelled reservation or a sold out night it was 4:30 in the afternoon. After brunting the rath of this owner/manger's anal behavior, I could not justify my family staying there. There are many nice hotels in the area and went right down the street to the Comfort Inn where I was treated with courtesy and professionalism. I will have to deal with my credit card company and the better business bureau and or civil courts unless you live along way from Missouri. there is no corprorte support at all... BEWARE BEWARE and the RUN VERY VERY FAST

Stayed March 2008
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

On 09/09/07, I made a reservation at this hotel for the night of 09/29/07. I was told at that time that the room reservation was non-cancellable, a fact that I understood to mean that I would be charged for the room if I canceled the reservation between that time and the actual date of arrival. This is something I do NOT have a problem with. In review of that account statement the morning of 9/14, I discovered that the hotel personnel took it upon themselves to post the charge on the day the reservation was made and that it was withdrawn from my account effective 09/10/07. NO ONE told me that my account would be charged prior to my arrival on the 29th, therefore I had no idea that these funds had been removed from that account. As a direct result of this, I had no idea of the actual balance in that account and with several other charges arriving shortly thereafter, the account was overdrawn and the bank charged me $70.00 for two overdraft fees. I FINALLY was able to speak with the hotel manager, Don Neuharth, that afternoon and he was EXTREMELY rude, unhelpful, condescending and unapologetic. I have reserved many many hotel rooms at locations throughout the country and I have NEVER been charged prior to my arrival date. While I understand that the hotel wants to make sure that they make the money for the room, I do think that the employee who took my reservation should have informed me on the 9th that they were going to charge my account immediately. I could have then made the decision to go forward or decline based on this information. Mr. Neuharth told me that I was to infer from the statement that the reservation was non-cancellable, that they would be immediately charging my account. I am not and never have been in the hospitality industry and have no idea how I was supposed to make that assumption. Mr. Neuharth actually implied that the overdraft charges were my own fault for not keeping sufficient funds in my account. I keep sufficient funds in that account to cover expenses I am anticipating. Anything else is no one's business but my own.

I stay at Choice Hotels with some regularity and have in the past written complimentary letters and emails when I felt that service I received warranted it.

• Disliked — rude, arrogant management
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

Reserved 3 nights, $59 / night. Changed to 2 nights--$99 / night! Tried to cancel--told no canceling within two weeks of stay!!!!! Manager accused me of lying when I said I did not receive that policy by e mail (I did not).

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — rude lying manager
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central, Mo.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

I did not stay at this hotel, but I DID have to cancel a reservation that was made through Expedia due to my Girlfriend being very sick. It was a 2 night reservation, and I was late cancelling. The Expedia website directed me to call the hotel to cancel.
Knowing I would have to possibly pay for 1 of the 2 nights that I had booked, I called the hotel (9-6-07 at 6:05PM). The woman at the front desk was VERY rude, refusing to accept my cancelation, and has directed me to call Expedia to cancel it.
I had absolutely no problem with paying for the one night for the late cancel, but this lil witch has put a bad taste in me for this hotel.
I obviously won't be staying there EVER in the future.
I do hope that her manager or hotel owner have a chance to read this post!!

• Stayed September 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

Location typical for name-brand motels on HWY 54. Just north of State Road KK in Osage Beach, Econolodge was clean and relatively well kept up. Carpets were vacuumed and walls were clean and freshly painted. Tv's were 27". A/C was relatively new. Breakfast was typical. Parking lot very hilly. Pool small, but looked clean.

As pricing goes in the area, this one is average at a cost of $80 tx incl for two people/two double beds on a dead Sunday night in late August.

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!