“I'll stay somewhere else next time.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 17 hotels in Osage Beach
Pittsburg, Kansas
“I'll stay somewhere else next time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I'll pay the extra few dollars and stay somewhere else next time we're in the Lake of the Ozark area. I was informed at check in they were collecting a $40 deposit "just in case". There were no children or pets with us to do damage. This was my first clue. After checking in (a rather early check in), I found out my room faced the parking lot and I asked for one facing a really pretty view. The receptionist stated she could not change the room because they were full (there were maybe 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot). This was my second clue. Next morning, went down to breakfast a full hour before the end of service and the breakfast bar had very little on it; the manager was there. (We went out to eat.) My third clue. As I was checking out I was informed again that there was a $40 deposit against the room. My fourth clue. We were charged $10 for a towel. This charge was later removed but it was a very UNPLEASANT experience. Do your vacation homework and read the other comments about this establishment before you book a reservation. If you do chose to make a reservation REVIEW THE CONTENTS of your room against a list that is may or may not be posted in your room and report anything missing promptly. I didn't know there were inventories listed in hotel rooms but I'll look from now on....a lesson learned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view across the valley.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
st loius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and i visit the Lake of The Ozark, Osage Beach for the first time for the 2011 Bike Fest. The stay at the Econo Lodge Inn on hwy 54 was great. The room was excellent, ant attentent was very helpful. My wife and I are planning our next vacation for 2012 and we'll planning on staying at the Econo Lodge again.

Room Tip: The room was very quiet and the space was large enough for us.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This grandma took a 12 year old grandson, and 2 of his 12 year old friends to Lake of the Ozarks for one last mini vacation before school starts. Staying at this Econo Lodge was perfect for us. Mine main consideration is always cleanliness, and I could find no fault in this area. The motel was convenient to restaurants and go kart tracks (what more could you want). The staff, and especially the proprietor, Don, are obviously good people and made sure our visit was a memorable one. Hope we can make it back next summer.

Room Tip: I liked the idea that we could choose non-smoking, non-pet rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

nice room very nice employees good night sleep had a nice little breakfast
bar we had a suite no problems thank you

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I went to Osage Beach for a legal conference I was attending. We were more than a little nervous about selecting a hotel there, because they all have reviews talking about dirt, mold, bugs, odors, etc., and we are freaks about cleanliness. The Econo Lodge had a couple bad reviews also, but somehow I judged it to be the best pick. I'm glad I did.

We usually stay in bigger cities and choose more "high end" hotels, but we are not snobs. We have a list of non-negotiable qualities in a hotel that have nothing to do with how fancy it is: 1) It must be clean; 2) In summer, it must have a good air conditioner; 3) The staff must be friendly and helpful. This hotel not only exceeded my expectations in all three areas, it maxed out in all three.

First, when we got there, the owner checked us in, and he was extremely friendly. He gave us all the information we needed and gave us a good feeling about the hotel. Second, the room was very clean. We noticed no hair, grime, or other visible remnants of past guests. We INSPECT for all that, and we have checked out of "nice" hotels immediately for failing to meet that requirement. Everything looked great.

Third, the AC was unbelievable! We stayed there when the temperature was 100 degrees and the heat index was well above that. We are cold weather people and get overly hot very easily, but that air conditioner was so powerful that we had to put it on low and then turn the temperature down! I wanted to rip it out of the wall and take it home with us. Plus, it was very quiet and did not wake us up when it turned on and off during the night, which is rare (we're light sleepers too).

The beds and bedding were not exactly luxurious, but they were comfortable. The cable had a good selection of channels and the wi-fi reception was great. The shower was so-so, but that's just nit-picking. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the non-smoking, no-pets building, if possible
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We had one night at this hotel in June, after a long day it was nice to be cooled in the pool, with some insects. Our room was in the new building and was clean and as one could expect a room at this price to be. We had a good night sleep, and the included continental breakfast was fine as well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

When I arrived the owner had already charged my card for one night when I was there before 6:30PM when i had him credit it back and paid cash for my room I made the biggest mistake of my life and did not ask to see the room before I gave him the two nights and a $40 deposit. When I saw what a dump it was and was unhappy and didn't want to stay he claimed since I booked the room online I had to pay one night plus he charged my pet charge and tax. If I hadn't showed up at all he would have only charged me $80 instead because I didn't like it he charged me $110. Don't do business with this man. He claim is that he guarantees clean rooms. You shouldn't have to guarantee it or advertise you guarantee it . It should be presumed and if someone wants to leave and go to a nicer hotel you shouldn't steal there money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
donnor, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
This Guest reserved her room on 29 May for an arrival on 1 June. She arrived at the Hotel on that evening and checked in at 6:37PM. At 8:40PM she returned to the Desk stating room will not work. When pressed, she stated TV had no inputs for DVD/gaming device and that unit was "dirty", a claim she did back away from when asked for specifics. I showed & offered her an alternate unit, [a 2-room suite, normally $30/noc higher] @ the same rate. It is a nonsmoking pet-friendly unit with 2 TVs, one of which has the inputs she had referenced. She still declined & insisted she was leaving. I told her we could not refund for the 1st noc, but that upon checking the room we could & would return her security deposit & pmt. for the 2nd noc. Also, I informed her that if indeed the room she had booked [QQ] resold for this evening we would return the balance of her pmt. to her. She departed with comment that she would let everyone know how she had been treated. Incidentally, NO charges had been made to Guest credit card prior to arrival, but a hold equivalent to the 1st night's rate had been run on the card, a practice normal and accepted in the industry that assures that the guarantee mode is valid. Guest had opted @ time of check-in to pay cash instead. We are thankful to TripAdvisor for the opportunity to respond and set the record straight. dn.

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Lake of the Ozarks? Share your experiences!