“It ain't Bentley's. Not even close.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Steak Chalet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 78 Restaurants in Osage Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 54
Tipton, Missouri
“It ain't Bentley's. Not even close.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is located high on a bluff overlooking the Lake of the Ozarks. In Osage Beach it is also in the nearby lake area that includes the town of Lake Ozark which has a great restaurant, Bentley's. Thus the comparison. Michaels touts a prime rib. We both ordered medium rare. Served expeditiously by pleasant server, Rhonda, the service looked great. Oops. While tender the prime was without taste and adding salt and the accompanying au jus did not enhance the lack of flavor. Best said, we took a majority of the servings home to add flavor and make steak-veggie soup. The view would be more spectacular if the windows were clean. Such disappointment to try to view what should be a beautiful sunset over the spectacular lake.

Visited March 2014

Ankeny, Iowa, United States
“Unusually delicious food with charming view of Lake at the Ozarks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our first visit here at Michael's, despite coming to the Lake many years. The reputation has long preceded our visit with 2 other couples. Prime rib was huge, slow-cooked 16 hours, as done each day--best ever eaten. Tuna steaks ( one plain and one blackened) very tasty, tender. Orange roughy prepared nicely in wine and lemon butter without being too strong. All generous proportions , good salads and huge baked potatoes. Wine selection extensive. Service was excellent, very friendly, attentive. Prices ranged per meal from mid-$20s to mid-$30s. We left realizing we spent more than usual, but well worth it because of the quality and preparation of the meals!

• Visited October 2013
st.louis
“Good food and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband took me here for my birthday. Our waiter was very friendly. The food was good. The view was great. The dress was casual to my suprise.

Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“World's Best PRIME RIB!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am not normally a prime rib eater, but this IS advertised as a steak restaurant. I was in the mood tonight for beef. And my wife and I had never been to this restaurant. But she found it on Open Table, so we decided to give it a try on a vacation evening in Osage Beach, MO.

I love beef, and I am normally a filet mignon guy. But tonight I just decided to try the prime rib. And I am glad I did. Normally prime rib is a little tough, which is why I normally go for the filet. HOWEVER, this was absolutely the most tender, the best prime rib I have ever had in my life. And I was on the road with my job for 36 years prior to my retirement, so I do know beef....... And this was, hands down, the best prime rib I have ever had.......

We are looking forward to returning to Michael's Steak Chalet later on this month when we return to the Lake Of The Ozarks area with some friends for a few days of golf, dining, and the ladies will be shopping.

• Visited September 2013
Baldwin City, Kansas
“This is the place to estate the lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

WOW! Best steak at the lake. I love this place! The owner, Ronnie the bartender, and Sofia our waitress made our experience at the lake one of the most enjoyable and memorable evenings ever. I highly recommend this restaurant without any reservations.

• Visited August 2013