“Cost Effective” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lima, Peru
“Cost Effective”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I always stay here while attending meetings in my company. Good shuttle service for 5 miles around. The front desk people are very helpful and housekeeping very friendly. The rooms are functional, kitchenette with all you need to eat or dine. Beds are good and comfortable. They even have sofa beds for more people to stay at the room ate the same rate. Bathrooms are spacious and good water pressure. Vanity kit also ok (shampoo, conditioner, cream), many good towels.
Breakfast is very standard, but always eggs or sausage, good fruit (apple, orange & banana), waffles, yogurt, orange, apple juice, coffee. The hot water for chocolate is sometimes not hot enough. Happy hour (Tuesday to Thursday) is ok. I like the day they offer hamburgers and hot-dogs. Happy hour always serve white and red whine.
Good laundry room and gym. The elevator is slow, but when you stay in first floor don't feel this problem. Carpets are a little old. Sometimes no smoking rooms smell a little.
During summer season can enjoy he pool.
This is one of my preferred hotels.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms at the first floor and non smoking
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Katie L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites O'Fallon Chesterfield, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review! I am glad that you enjoy staying with us and that we are a preferred hotel for you. Feel free to contact me if there is ever anything I can help you with at 636-300-2400 or klauck@midashospitality.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great large room, clean and nicely decorated. Great TV and very good shower water pressure. Internet worked great and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was also very nice with good selection and plenty of food. I only stayed here one night but I get to this area several times per year and I'll be back! I'm shocked that this place didn't have a better overall rating. I hate it when some reviews are so out of whack with my experience and I can't explain why this happens but it does. I don't hesitate to ding a hotel that does a bad job and I try to quantify my experience so you don't have to guess what I mean. Hope this helps and I hope your stay at this place is as good as mine was.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed here while attending a meeting taking place in this hotel. The service was really good, the rooms amazing, and I really enjoyed the happy hour.

The greeting was very welcoming at the front desk. Housekeeping was also very friendly. When I needed help mailing something in the morning, they were more than accommodating.

The happy hour is awesome. You pour your own drinks and as many as you want. There are also hot appetizers, a salad bar, and delicious cookies.

I really loved the room. Designed for extended stays, there is a full kitchen and living room. I loved the bed, could have stayed in it for days. There was a nice, big comforter. The bathroom was good. The shower had good water pressure. Lots of counter space. Actually had the best towels I have used in a hotel.

There were only a couple little negatives. The first one being the elevators, which are super slow.For a 3 story hotel, it felt like I was waiting for a 10 story one. Also, the hairdryers are the ones that are attached to the wall, and I just don't like those much. Third, when I went down to the pantry to get toothpaste and toothbrush, neither were available and then I had to wait a while to get a set.

I would totally stay here again. I really like this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed over thanksgiving. This hotel is close to our crew we were visiting. Clean rooms, friendly service and a nice little breakfast. Fridge and microwave allowed us to sneak off with some leftovers for late night snacking. Made being out of town for the holiday more enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife, daugher and her husband and another couple friends of ours made a trip to Missouri to watch our SC Gamecocks play in Columbia. We flew into St. Louis and stayed at the Staybridge Suites in O'Fallon which was only about 30 mins. from St. Louis airport and about 1- 1/2 hours to Columbia for the football game. We arrived late in the afternoon to the hotel and was quickly checked in by a very nice young lady. (Sorry...forgot her name). She was very helpful in helping us find several local places we were looking for throughout our 3 night stay. Thursday night they had a nightly social which consisted of quesadilla and salad. Man were these good ! They also had soft drinks, draft beer and wine. This turned out to be just what we needed since we had flown into St. Louis that morning and had been touring around the city all day. We were very tired and really did not want to go out to eat, so this was very welcoming. One of the ladies that worked the food area was Pam. She was SOOOOO NICE to us the entire trip. We had asked her for a few things and she always came through with our request with a smile ! We asked her if she had a few packets of mayo and mustard so we could make sandwiches at the game instead of having to buy jars of everything and boy did she fix us up. She had a nice little goodie bag with everything we needed. Now this is what we called SERVICE ! She also made an awesome breakfast. The rooms were very nice and roomy and very clean. Everything worked properly and there were no issues. The hotel grounds looked very nice and they had what looked like to be a nice grilling area which we didn't really have time to use. Overall we had a great time and enjoyed this hotel and the hotel associates were always very nice and helpful if we needed anything. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I’ve stayed in a great number of hotels but this one was most fun, thanks to the great staff team who went out of their way to entertain. During my stay over Halloween they held fancy dress competitions, the various departments made decorated pumpkins from equipment in the area and guests voted on them. They held a chilli contest which 6 guests took the time and trouble to cook their favourite recipes and the hotel gave out plates with six small numbered bowls for us to taste and vote. Hotel staff and management mingle and chat with guests at these events and we felt welcomed and included.

The stay includes a good self-serve breakfast and a hot meal Tue, Wed & Thursday evenings with beer and wine included. Also there is a restaurant, Eleven-65 (modern American cuisine) next to the hotel and a couple, including Ruby Tuesday, a 5 minute walk (tho’ regrettably lacking a sidewalk).

We used the gym, the outside pool was closed for the winter and we also didn’t use the outside seating and garden area because it wasn't warm enough. The free internet connection was fast and trouble-free. Laundry was free.

I’d booked a two queen bed suite as we like a separate bedroom so if one of can’t sleep they can go out the bedroom and have somewhere comfortable to read or surf the web without disturbing the other.

The suite was good, pleasantly decorated with an equipped kitchen and breakfast bar on which we ate takeaway dinners in a couple of times.

Only two niggles– the extractor vent in the bathroom/toilet had a design fault so that when the wind outside was in a certain direction a vent-flap knocked loudly every second, which was disturbing. Another design issue was that the washbasin was outside the bathroom so whoever rose first in the morning couldn’t shave or use the washbasin in privacy or without flooding the rest of the bedroom with light.

The cost was very competitive - especially considering the quality of the free breakfast and the evening buffet meals - with similar suites in other hotels in the IHG family.

All-in-all a fine place to make home for a while and we were sad to leave. I'll be looking for Staybridge in future travels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'm currently in the hotel room right now and the smell is so bad I tried to shove a towel under the door and it didn't help! This is our 2nd night here and I thought I was overreacting last night, but tonight it's worse! I have 2 young children under the age of 5 breathing in 2nd hand smoke! I called down to the front desk and found out they have rooms on the 3rd floor (the one I'm on) that are smoking. It's awful! They don't have any other rooms available to move us to on the 1st or 2nd floors. When you get off the elevator it wreaks of smoke! It's very sad that no matter how the hotel room may be in cleanliness or amenities they are all overshadowed by the nasty smoke I and my kids are breathing! And I'm a former smoker so I get it, but this is just gross and unhealthy for my children. I'm incredibly upset and will be complaining to management! Please beware!

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites O'Fallon Chesterfield, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Jdpage,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us.

We are concerned to read that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. We sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction caused by the smell and regret the inconvenience this has caused you. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and actions will be made where possible.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites O'Fallon Chesterfield? Share your experiences!