“Excellent Food and great service! A must try!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 159 restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: Thai
New York City, New York
“Excellent Food and great service! A must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott for a week on business travel and decided to try this place out. Am thankful that I tried out as this is as good Thai food as it can be. I have been to top notch Thai restaurants in NYC but this place can give some of them competition. I ended up ordering food from them 4 nights in a row primarily because it was so good and also of the proximity to the hotel. I tried all the curries- Yellow, masaman, red and green and also the Tom Kha soup. The only thing I did not like here was the Thai Iced tea.
Going with 5 stars for their food and the service.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

81% Recommend
St. Louis, MO
“After your first visit, you'll wonder why you waited so long”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have been regulars at Thai Gourmet for several years, but it was many more years of driving by before we first dined here. The food is wonderful and fresh--cooked to order at your desired level of spiciness. The menu features numerous choices. I love the healthy Thai Gourmet rolls to share as an appetizer. For dinner, I enjoy a curry, the specialty BBQ (not the typical BBQ we think about), or one of myriad other dishes. Tonight it was cashew chicken with fried rice (at a spiciness of 9.1 out of 10).

If you haven't tried Thai Gourmet before, do yourself a favor and do it soon. You will certainly enjoy the food, but even more so, you'll enjoy getting to know everyone there.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Illinois
“Best Thai Food in St. Louis -Fresh Ingredients, homemade sauces, gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

An excellent place to eat great Thai. I would recomment the Curry (Panang, Red or Yellow). I usually have my curry with chicken and broccolli or mixed vegetables. They also make their own peanut sauce for an excellent rice noodle with peanut sauce (chicken again) also very delicious. They have great lunch speacials for around $6, I would recomment the Basil Beef or one of the others mentioned above. They are very busy at lunch and crowded. In the evening it is much more relaxed and quiet. The cooks are great and will cook to order. They have gluten-free, dairy free, yeast free and soy free sauces too! Great for someone with food allergies.
All food is served on a scale from 1-10 for spiciness. If you are normal go with a 3 or 4. My boys like a 1 or 2. My oldest daughter and wife like a 3 or 4. I enjoy a 7 and sweat a tad with an 8. Feeling really brave order a 9 and you may get the hiccups. you can also request some peanuts and extra hot sauce (rooster sauce or sirycha).
Have fun - I love it here and prefer to other Thai in St. Louis. Sure the Blue Elephant Thai cuisine is also good in Clayton, MO and has better ambiance but the food is not as good.

Note they are Closed on Sundays