“'First Visit - Excellent Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
wilmslow
“'First Visit - Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

After reading top restaurant reviews on Trip Advisor the Desi Lounge looked Inviting.
My husband and i visited last saturday early evening and we weren't disappointed.
All the staff were polite, friendly and attentive throughout our visit.
The food was delicious. For starters were shared the Desi Tandoori Mix with and extra portion of lamb chops. i had Aloo Burkara chicken and my husband choose the lamb Nihari as recommended by the owner and he alway's asks for extra hot. The lamb dish was delivered with an extra tray of spices, fresh strips of ginger and plenty of green chillies. I didn't try the lamb myself but I believe the meat was succlulent and melt in the mouth!
The menu looks very interesting and there's quite a lot of dishes we would like to try in the future.
This was our first visit and won't be our last. Only regret that the restaurant is not nearer to home buit we will still make the effort to travel across.
Parking the car wasn't a problem there is a car-park at the rear of the property with a watchmans box. On returning to our car were greeted by a nice man who escorted us to our vehicle.

• Visited November 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best indian restaurant i have been too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

What can i say go and try it never tasted food as good. Service cant fault it . The staff couldnt do enough for you. The moment you walked thru the door you were made to feel so welcome.Cant wait to go back again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Seriously Fabtastic...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was introduced to this little gem tonight... A little out of Manchester but certainly worth the trip.
This is by far the best Indian Curry i have every had, Everything i tasted tonight was sublime!

Try the Lamb chops starter.... To die for! The Desi Special really is fantastic!

Service as very good with all staff attentive and making eye contact at all times. Owner came over and asked how we were also. The Mango Lassi here is amazing.

Good Food, Good Value and lots of parking space to the rear of the building (Supervised carpark) Will defo return. 5 Stars

“Fantastic restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Fantastic food, me and my husband really enjoy going here and we take friends and family. We always get a lovely welcome, and great service. I would definitely recommend this place !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Curry fans really need to know what they are missing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I took my wife, son and his girlfriend to the Desi Lounge last Friday to celebrate my son going off to university. I have to say, the meal was excellent, the service was extremely friendly and the atmosphere is just fantastic. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Well worth the trip from Sale to Failsworth.

• Visited September 2012