I read with great interest many, if not all of the reviews on Irufushi before we left. I was a little concerned over some and relieved by others. Well here's my view. A fair shot I hope at describing the good the not so good and the extortionate.
Good! The welcome and the Island along with the rooms are quite stunning, the island is larger that that you might usually expect for the Maldives but nonetheless quite breathtaking in its natural beauty. We were welcomed by staff that genuinely seem to care about you. When we were shown to our room it was also stunning. We had a beach villa and found that unless you intended to stay in the villa for long periods then this was more than adequate. While the water villas are themselves wonderful you do tend to lose the being on the white sandy beach thing! You also save a fortune by not having one as well.... We took a few trips out, if you want some advice go on a snorkling safari but on the SPEED BOAT, if you can get 5 or 6 of you to go it not only works out cheaper but it's far more fun! Our villa was on the 'sunrise' side of the island and although we never saw a sunset from our beach it was far quieter than the other side where all the boats and seaplanes go from, and the sea planes start leaving at about 7.45 am... If you have children the the Kids Club is a must, Rose, a member of staff there was a genuine star and the children from all ages had great fun there.
My wife tried the Spa and said that this was one of the best she had ever experienced.
Ok the 'Not so Good'
The service in the main restaurant was 'slow' to say the least, not at the buffet (that's up to you of course) but the serving of drinks, we found some of the waiters to be disinterested which was a real shame and the Iru Restaurant itself was very very hot the ceiling fans did little to reduce the temperature. Some people have written that they found the food to be 'very good' well in my opinion it was 'OK' and alot more could be done to bring some added variety to the menus. The islands pride themselves on fish and I go to the Maldives expecting to eat almost nothing but fish, however found that the fish offered was very 'samey' and there needs to be some serious work done by the Head Chef and his team to bring this to 5* standard. The deserts however were fab!
Now the EXTORTIONATE!!!
We travelled as a group of 4 (3 adults and a 2 year old) on a half board basis. We never wanted to over indulge at lunch and are not heavy drinkers so opted for this as a sensible choice. I think we were right however the cost of even a small pizza was simply outrageous! $20 US for a simple pizza is not right. $5 US for a bottle of 1.5 ltrs of water is disgusting. However this pales into insignicance when you end up paying $5.50 for a grape juice (from a carton)! The measurements never were the same, in the Fluid bar you would get a glass containing 300ml and in the Iru restaurant the same drink had as little as 120ml (as a sad individual I actually measured it in a baby bottle) That equates to nearly $50 US for a litre of grape juice, this was the only drink my daugter really enjoyed but it mattered not as all the juices were the same price and given in the same volume! DISGUSTING . I will be writing to the Hilton group to complain about this as I felt this undermined my holiday in the end as I was becoming more bitter each day. I did try complaining a few times only to be told that they were chaning over to full Hilton Group 5 star from the 1st November and things would be going up further!!! God help them.
Overall the island is a lovely place, in the main the staff are nice too if not always in control and some lower managment levels can clearly not be given the freedom to make a decision alone. Coco Palm is far better value and I will sadly not be going back to Irufushi again unless the pricing is sorted out! I expect to pay for a 5 star hotel however I don't expect to be ripped off at every opportunity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on you own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton