We had initially booked 2 nights in a deluxe beach villa and 2 nights in a water villa. Upon arrival, we decided to upgrade to a water villa for all 4 nights because we just couldn't handle the geckos and lizards that were all around. There's nothing wrong with them but we dont like them, so the staff advised that we upgrade our rooms which we had absolutely no regret!
The room was fantastic, but i have to say that it has seen better days. The floor tiles in the room were cracked and uneven when you stepped on them. also the airconditioning died on us on the last day, it was turned on but our room was baking so definitely that needs to be fixed! fortunately we were leaving already! but other than that, we loved the fact that we were able to step into the lagoon from the comfort of our room. Sufficient marine life right at your door steps for snorkelling. however, the water villas are quite far so you definitely need to call for a buggy to bring you to the main restaurant area for breakfast (at least 15-20 min walk). the buggy service is a little slow at times though but not a big problem since we were not really in a rush. the only exception was when we had signed up for a sunrise snorkelling. we were supposed to be at the lobby at 6.30am, we called for a buggy at 6.20 which only picked us at 6.35! The wait was much too long since there was nobody around at that time (breakfast only starts at 7am)
Service otherwise was excellent. as mentioned we took a sunrise snorkel which was very lovely and the boat was great, with drinks, snacks provided - our only complaint was the trip was much too short! not overcrowded which was good.
As many mentioned, the resort also caters to families with kids, so if you are looking for a romantic getaway, definitely book the water villas which are away from the crowd and it's not that bad.
the food at the restaurants were quite good, as with the buffets. we loved the food at flavours & islanders grill, the chef even came out to talk to us and offered us some hot soup! but definitely make reservations as they get full quick! we took that advice from other travellers and had no problem with getting seats at the restaurants! but we tried to make changes and we were told it was full so they couldnt' shift us at all so definitely remember to make your bookings!
we also tried the spa and it was so relaxing that i drifted off to sleep and didnt really remember much of it.
overall we had a great time and i would love to come back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on you own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelClick, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton