This was the 11th resort we visited in the Maldives. The resorts we previously visited range from 4 stars to 6 stars. Overall, Iru Fushi was good but just that. We stayed in a deluxe beach villa which was huge with a fantastic bathroom. We loved the two sinks and two showers. What was not so fantastic, was that for the last 4 nights at bedtime we had big red ants crawling in our bed. We initially thought they were falling from the ceiling as they kept coming from nowhere but at the fourth night we found out that they were coming from tiny space between the head stand and the actual bed frame. It has to be said that after complaining they did send somebody over and the room would be sprayed which seemed to make it better but next night it started again and after 4 nights it gets a bit tiring. We are not particular squeamish people and on all the other islands we have been to we did have insects etc. but mostly OUTSIDE in the bathroom or the occasional lost insect inside but this was just a bit too much. Also, the position of your villa will make or break your holiday; some of them are actually quite close together with some gazebos actually sort of lining up after each other so not much privacy. By the way, haven't seen any rats! If you do not like insect though, do not go for beach villa. We did have the above mentioned ants but also quite sizeable roaches (only one inside), couple of spiders and even a small scorpion (also inside). Couple of geckos in the room but we do not mind them.
The beaches are lovely, wider at some places but overall great. Speciality restaurants are lovely especially the locations. Iru restaurant, however, really feels like a cantine. This, in my opinion, is mainly due to the acoustics and closeness of tables and the amount of people in the dining "hall". Have to say that they try hard though, nice furniture, dimmed lights in evening but just not what you expect of 5 star resort. Be aware that when we were there we booked tables for speciality restaurants 2/3 days in advance otherwise fully booked! Nice touch was that we were FB and for lunch you could go to any of speciality restaurants (Iru was closed) and get 3 course meal! Special mention to Bamboo-lovely food and great service. Chef Mama even comes out to have a talk!!! Bar was great, nice atmosphere.
Sun Dive School; I personally don't dive but my husband and son are keen divers. They were really disappointed with the attitude of some of the European diving instructors (management????) who really seemed to have a lack of interest and enthusiasm. The Maldivian instructors who actually came out on the boat to make the dives were friendly and helpful though. Some nice dives. Overall, not as professional as other dive teams on other islands like Ocean Pro Diving.
Swimming pools; lovely big (mostly almost deserted) adult pool and huge children pool. Childrens pool very busy but it was Easter time.
Point of mention; there were a LOT of kids. So if you are not keen on kids and the noise that comes with them, this probably is not the island for you. On the other hand if you do have kids, kids club looked great (did not use it as my son is too old). It even has its own swimming pool!
So overall, it was just ok! Expected more and have seen better! Would we return? Probably not, mainly because of the dive school!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on you own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TravelClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton