March 25-30th Can't say enough what a beautiful place this was. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. Beach Villa was very nice. One of the nicer places we've ever traveled to. Dolphin Boat Excursion, nicely done. We did see dolphins, and afterwards Champaign was served with light sandwiches. Crew came around to ask if we 1) enjoyed the cruise 2) was there anything they could improve upon, which I thought was a nice thing to actually do. We loved the Beach Villa because we had direct access to the beach, just steps away. Our Villa did not have a private sun hut, but we didn't need it. We had our own lounge chairs that were under a tree on the beach. I could see wanting a sun hut if you had young children. If you do the Catamaran sail, and have small kids, please bring goggles, because you will get pummelled by the water and the salt can really sting their eyes, it's a rough ride.
Dining Reservations. There is only 1 seating per night per restaurant! We did not know this and waiting til the following day to make a reservation. Only to find that the whole week was booked up and nothing was available! I called management, and they had the coordinator who greeted us call me back. At first she said, we could order room service or eat the the fluid bar, but my problem with that was, I didn't fly thousands of miles and pay the "Seven Star" price we paid to eat in my ROOM! So, afterwards, she managed to find us 2 openings. We ate at the same restaurant twice. We ended up having to order room service 2 times, ate at the Family pool bar 3-4 times... So, if you want to experience the restaurants, call ASAP.
The Gluten Free options and being able to use a Microwave. Our Teen son is GF/ CF, for those of you with these food intolerance's, you already know what a challenge it can be to travel and 'eat'. Due to weight restrictions with a Sea Plane, I didn't pack the normal take along GF/CF foods we take. GF Bread and pasta were offered at the resort, but... no other 'snack' type foods are available, so please pack snacks with you! I brought microwave popcorn as a GF snack and found out we were not allowed to use their microwaves. I ended up pleading with one of the service guys to use one, and he managed to get it done. Also, at the morning breakfast buffet, what we did was have the kids make a GF PB&J to take along for the day.. we wrapped them up in paper napkins and took them out. The Rice milk provided did not look good at all. I would suggest if you can, bring along the small portable rice milks if you really need that. They did have Soy milk. My son drank that and although we are not sure if that was the culprit, he ended up having major stomach cramping and ended up in the bathroom..... We ordered GF Pasta at the restaurant, 1 cup of GF pasta with a side of red sauce was USD$34.00,,,,Ala Cart! Be aware, it's very expensive.
Beds - beds provided are those really really hard ones... if you travel you know the ones I'm talking about.. I asked for a 'crate' or something to put on the mattress, they had a cover of sort they put on, but it was still very hard and for me, uncomfortable...
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on you own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.