My husband and I arrived at the Iru Fushi Maldives Hilton in January 2013 to begin the most amazing fortnight. As we came to land we were greeted from the window of the sea plane with a breath taking view of a sparkling azure sea lapping on to an island of coconut trees and white sandy beaches.
We were met by Stephanie our designated host who escorted us to the Water's Edge bar for check in and complimentary drinks and a comprehensive introduction to the island. Afterwards, we were driven by golf cart to our villa where our luggage was waiting. We opted to stay in a deluxe water villa with pool, it was an excellent decision. Being over the water you are not bothered by the mosquitoes that you read about in many of the reviews, which had worried me greatly as I usually attract so many bites. However, I have to say that during the whole of our stay I was only bitten four times, which for me is a miracle!!
Our villa was nothing short of spectacular. We were greeted with the message ‘welcome’ in palm leaves and flowers on our bed. The bed was large and extremely comfortable and looked out onto the Indian Ocean. At night we would leave the windows open and wake to the rushing of the waves – heaven! The bathroom was luxurious offering a large Jacuzzi bath in front of a panoramic window over looking the sea. There was also a spacious shower with doors that opened above the water. The sundeck was extremely private and well furnished. It was a perfect sun trap in the morning and cool in the afternoon if you wanted to get away from the sun. Our room was serviced every morning and evening by Hassan who was a charming, gentleman who always had a smile. He took care of us as though we were royalty. Several times we came back to our room to discover a sculpture made from towels such as a puppy or a turtle sat on our bed. Or he had decorated our bed in intricate patterns using flowers and leaves. This always made us smile.
Each morning we would make our way either along the white sandy beach or foliage lined footpaths to the Iru Restaurant where a multi-culture buffet breakfast was served. I am a celiac and must have a gluten free diet. I cannot tell you how delighted I was to discover gluten free bread and delicious chocolate muffins available every morning as well as soya or rice milk. My husband dined on many different breakfasts from Chinese, Indian, and Continental to perfectly cooked eggs and thoroughly enjoyed each in turn.
The island also boasts several excellent restaurants. Our three favourites being Flavours, followed by Island Grill and Bamboo, the food served in all the restaurants was of the highest standard and presented with style and skill. We also experience the in-room dining, which equalled the restaurants. The restaurants also offered an excellent choice of wines to suit all palates and pockets. All the waiting staff are welcoming and attentive and are able to give informed advice on the menus and wines. However, I must mention Ali from Reflections, Rafi and Jude from Flavours and Mama from Bamboo who all went that extra mile to ensure we had a memorable time.
My husband treated me to the romantic Destination Dining. As we sat on the beach watching the sunset, sipping champagne two dolphins appeared in the bay what a delight! However, we were told that this had never happened before so we know we were very spoilt. We chose the fish menu (lobster, snapper, tuna, prawns, crab), which was excellent and beautifully presented by our chef. Be warned have light meals all day if you chose to do this as the portions are extremely generous. Gentlemen this treat will win you hundreds of ‘Brownie Points’.
We spent our day’s snorkelling off our deck where we saw manta ray, sting rays, a baby reef shark, a turtle, and many stunning fish. In fact we had no need to go diving or snorkelling on the reef. We also played tennis, badminton and went kayaking there was so much to do. If you do not want to swim in the clear blue sea you can use the Reflection pool (adults only), which is a stunning location. A must for evening cocktails and to watch the most dazzling sunsets and the fruit bats visit for a drink from the pool. Although, the island had an 87% occupancy during our stay there was no feeling of the island being crowded and at times it felt as though we were the only people there. This made our stay very special.
During our holiday I had two massages at the Spa and without doubt they were the very best I had ever had. The ginger tea that was offered before my treatment was divine and so refreshing. The spa is a place that should most certainly be on your list to visit.
We found the prices on the island in the bars, restaurants and spa to be comparable to any five star establishments in England so don’t be afraid that it would be beyond your price range.
At the end of our stay we asked for a copy of our bill the day before we left, which allowed us to check it at our leisure. The only complaint we have was that it took several attempts to receive the correct bill. It appears from the reviews we read before travelling that this is a common problem so check your bill carefully and don’t be afraid to challenge it. The reception staff were extremely helpful in rectifying the errors and had access to all signed receipts and did not make us feel as thou we were causing a nuisance.
So finally all I can say is if you are looking for paradise, a place to spoil yourselves and to see the most spectacular views, sunsets and wildlife then all I can say is choose the Iru Fushi Maldives Hilton you will not be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort And Spa
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel
- Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Hotel Noonu Atoll
- Hilton Noonu Atoll
- Noonu Atoll Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi we invite you to let go of your worldly concerns and simply enjoy the moment - on you own, with your partner, with your family. To soak up the stunning environment of our 52-acre island, revel in the luxuries of our traditional Maldivian villas, indulge in mouth-watering cuisine across our 11 restaurants, and experience our diverse array of leisure activities that will see you speeding across the ocean's surface and delving beneath its depths. We also invite you to discover, to learn, to connect. DISCOVER LIVING Inspired by nature, enveloping. Shaded havens open onto pristine stretches of powdery beach, the lagoon and its delights waiting patiently. Strolling at sunrise along the water's edge, the sky blushing deep rose. Laying in the shallows to bask in pure sunlight, waves gently caressing, schools of fish teasing. Feeling that life was always meant to be like this - savouring each moment. DISCOVER FLAVOUR Maldivian culinary arts and traditions come alive across 11 diverse restaurants. Fresh local flavours - served with tropical flair. Tantalising aromas carry on the breeze from live cooking stations. Seafood specialities and homemade hearty treats. Authentic Asian and gourmet light bites. Indulge in local and international fusions of sumptuous ingredients and delicious flavours. Casual settings paired with fine cuisine. Speciality wines individually selected by our expert Sommelier. Feast at the water's edge. The sound of a sizzling grill blended with the lapping of the waves. DISCOVER FREEDOM • Beach • Main swimming pool with children's area • Infinity-edged lap pool • PADI five-star dive centre • Water sports centre • Fully equipped gymnasium • Tennis courts • Badminton courts • Spa • Library • Kids' Club DISCOVER RELAXATION With the entire island a sanctuary of natural beauty, there is no need to hide away. Instead The Spa at The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi is an open immersion - in organic earth and vibrant sea - the elements from which Ayurveda draws its centuries-old healing power. At The Spa we have perfected this ancient holistic tradition, blending its timeless wisdom with contemporary practices found both East and West. Our resident Ayurvedic Doctor guides our guests on their own personalised journeys to wellness both during their stay and beyond. Meanwhile, expert practitioners - in traditional massage, authentic Maldivian-inspired rituals and world-renowned wellness practices - combine finely honed knowledge with a naturally healing touch. DISCOVER COMMUNITY We engage in proactive yet culturally respective social responsibility efforts, helping to preserve the atoll's traditions while also bettering livelihoods. Along the way, we invite guests who seek a deeper understanding of the atoll's people and culture to take part - from spending a day with local fishermen who supply our restaurants, to practicing English with children at the village school, to trading stories and recipes with the women as they prepare the day's catch. Our guests leave with a unique insight into the Maldives, enriched by its culture and traditions. Meanwhile our communities benefit from the support offered by The Sun Siyam - and their meaningful engagement with you. We warmly welcome you to our home, and into our hearts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.