“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2232 Taney St., North Kansas City, MO 64116 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Kanas city mo
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

The stay here is good. The employees are nice and friendly. The rooms are nice always clean when I come back. I would recommend people to come. Close to trucking school. I really would come back back here if I had a chance to its. Really good hotel to come to the bathrooms are clean nice. I like that they have a van that takes you to school and not have to try and find a ride and be late.

• Stayed January 2014
hbhakta, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you the best of luck with your new trucking career. If you are driving through this area please stop by and see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Great service the staff is friendly the hotel is nice and well taken care off and very clean i would recommend this hotel to anyone coming the north kansas city area its in a great location and plenty of places to eat and entertain meant

• Stayed January 2014
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had points and wanted to use them on a short trip to Kansas City. This was one of only two hotels our points would almost cover. It was easy to find, right off the highway, and within a couple of blocks of pretty little downtown North Kansas City. The king size bed was crisp and clean every day with five pillows. There was a good television, microwave, and fridge. There were plenty of fresh towels, soap and shampoo every day. There were also an iron/ironing board and hair dryer. There was no in-room coffee maker, but coffee was in the hall near reception. Once, when that was empty, we went into the breakfast room and found more in there. Since there was no protein for breakfast, we skipped it, but it was nice to know it was available, and there was waffle maker.
We had been told the key cards would not work at any but two main entrances, but we found the one closest to our room unlocked. That was handy for us, but perhaps a little insecure. No more than lots of motels with openings directly to the parking lot, however, so we weren't worried. We only had two problems. We were there during a cold snap (about 10 degrees) and the room got very cold the first night even with the heater as high as my daughter could get it. The controls were too high for me to read but the front desk clerk came and checked it. We asked for a supplemental heater, but they didn't have any. The next two nights were better, so it was okay. Since I have some mobility issues, I was pleased to find the sidewalks and entrances very well salted. The parking lot wasn't cleared, but it was less than an inch of snow, so that would not have been a problem for most travelers.
The second problem was that we only had points for two nights so we paid for the third night when we booked. The booking agent made sure we could be in the same room for all three nights and gave us two confirmation numbers. When we checked in, the clerk had a hard time finding the third night. Eventually she did find it. On the morning after our second night, a clerk came to the room and told us it was time to check out. My daughter told him we were staying another night. I went to reception to straighten it out. The clerk said they were full and if we wanted to stay another night, we'd have to change rooms. I explained that the booking agent had given me a confirmation number and the original check-in clerk had found it. Eventually he found it too, and apologized. Something in the system keeps this from being seamless, so be sure you have your confirmation numbers and politely stand your ground.

Room Tip: Book early for bed preference. My daughter and I delayed and wound up sharing a king size bed inste...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The stay an service was excellent an will always come stay when in town. I would recomend others to stay as well if coming this way. Its located in a nice area its an one don't have to go to far to get something eat depending on wat u like.

• Stayed December 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Our room was a pleasant surprise after reading some of the reviews. It looks like it has been recently remodeled, and was clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Room had a fridge & microwave. The continental breakfast was very basic, however I loved the fact there was a waffle maker. Front desk person was very helpful when we asked for directions, even provided us with a printout. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed November 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

. My stay in Kansas City was so much more enjoyable due to my stay at the econo lodge. The staff was great they were always ready and willing to help for the duration of my stay. If your in town and want to have a peacful stay for an economical price check them out.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was happy with this place i had to stay up here for a week for CDL school. The staff shuttled us to school and back and took is where
we needed to go no problem. Their is five resturants and a bar right next door. and the room was always kept clean the people were nice and brought us clean towels and pillows when we needed them it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2013
hbhakta, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am happy to hear that your CDL classes was a success. My staff and I appreciate your kind words. I hope you the best with your future trucking ventures!

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!