“Worker Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn

You added American Inn to your Saves list
American Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1211 Armour Rd., I-35/I-29 and Armour Rd. Exit 6B, North Kansas City, MO 64116   |
“Worker Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Since most of us who stay here are corporate lodging types you have to remember you get what you pay for. This hotel is adequate, they are able to rent rooms to workers and most times can turn the room over twice in a 24 hour period. We pay $37.00 but I think the normal rate is $72.00. Rooms are dark and cool ideal for day sleepers. Most rooms have a fridge, small micro. No hairdryer, lotion or extras. You get two small bars of soap, maybe a shampoo and just enough towels. Towels are old and rough. Housekeeping is ok sometimes then other times its outstanding. Depends who does the cleaning. The entire place has an old bar smell kinda smokey covered by room deodorizer. Great shower water pressure. Outdoor pool seems ok but never used. Nice are a few blocks from a good walking park and two blocks from a fitness facility which you can use for $5.00. The hotel restaurant dosent appeal to me I guess because of the odor of the entire hotel. There is a Pizza Hut and Wendy's close by.

• Stayed June 2014
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear DriverJoe,
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the things that bother you. I know you are one of our wonderful over the road drivers and we are grateful for having you with us. I am glad you find the rooms comfortable and you are getting your much needed rest! We do have bare essentials in our rooms in order to keep our rates lower. I have put in a request to Housekeeping to get rid of the rough towels and hopefully you won't have that problem again. I also told the Housekeeping Supervisor about the variance of personalities with staff that might need attending to when it comes to friendliness and courtesy! We strive to treat all guests with respect and will not tolerate any of you being mistreated!
I hope you will give our Spirits Restaurant another chance! We have new Management and I believe you will find a very pleasant atmosphere in there that will not offend you! The wonderful aroma of Fried Chicken is what everyone talks about, is fabulous!
When you come in again please call me 816-728-2786 and let me know you are there so I can personally meet you and make sure your stay is a pleasant experience!
Again, thank you for your review and please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience!
Carol McCoy-Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed at the American Inn, NKC on a business trip and had a wonderful experience! The staff were super friendly & nice! The had good, clean rooms for an affordable rate. It's not a 5 or 4 star hotel but the customer service is impeccable! They also have a on site restaurant with great affordable breakfast options. I would recommend this hotel for any traveling business person or family that is looking for affordable lodging. Good job American Inn

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello Bizman,

Thank you again for your review. We all appreciate your sincere comments each and every time you give us a review. I am grateful for your commitment to our hotel!
I am so glad to hear how you notice our customer service here. We value each and every guest and hope to always treat you with courtesy and respect!

Look me up when you come in again so I can that you personally!

Salem, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The good: Good channel selection on TV.

The bad: Everything else. Room had a funky odor to it. They put me in the ghetto section of the hotel. Noisy people in the halls after midnight. Bathtub drained slow. Now let's talk about the restaurant. LOUSY SERVICE! There was a total of 2 people in the restaurant at the time of my meal, so why am I waiting 5 minutes to get a drink refill, and then I had to ask the cook to do it. Waitress was out goofing off. Food was so-so.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to extend my most sincere apology for your unpleasant experience while staying at our hotel.
We always want to hear from our guests and I do appreciate each and every review. I hope there is something I can do or say to earn your trust in us again!
I have talked to the Hotel GM and he has confronted the server in the Restaurant with a copy of your review. She has been reprimanded with seriously consequences.
I am so sorry about your room and can't understand what the smell could have been. I wish you would have called us as soon as you walked into the room! We would have moved you immediately!
Please know that wherever you stay you should always feel confident tho call the front desk and be moved to another room if the one you were sent to isn't up to your standards! We want our guests to be happy while staying with us.
I have sent you a personal email through Trip Advisor so I hope you will contact me.

Director of Marketing
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

After a long drive, the American Inn was the first hotel we looked at and we should have looked at others. The first problem was I thought it was an AmericInn, where we had previously had good experiences. The second mistake was to not ask to look at another room. While the mattress was comfortable enough the room itself, including the appearance of the sheets was such that we were not convinced that clean linen had been used. The room was quite shabby, there was no hairdryer, no shampoo etc. and The sheets did not even fit under the mattress. It is hard to see how the place got some of the better reviews that it has but perhaps there are rooms that are a lot better. This was not one of them. The one positive was that our meal in the restaurant when we arrived was adequate. In fact, the grilled chicken breast I had was as good as any, not considering the obvious sheets of processed Swiss cheese that were on top of it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City north
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very satisfied with the room. But the lounge manager needs to be replaced. She closes / opens it when she wants. Allowed friends to smoke inside the bar when other guests are there. She is never around when your drink is empty. The food at the spirits restaurant is reasonably priced. Food is good but again the service at night needs improvement. During the day is good. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear JuneMan,

Thank you for giving us your review! Please accept my apology for this long overdue response!
I missed this and meant to reply and never did! Please forgive me!
I do appreciate your positive comments as well as the ones about our Restaurant and Lounge. We want to invite you back to see all of our wonderful changes! We have new Management in both areas! We now have all you can eat ALL DAY BUFFET 7 DAYS A WEEK from 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. and I believe your dinner hour will be much more appealing! The price stayed the same at $8.95 because we know how important our low prices are to the working people that stay with us! Thank you for acknowledging our good prices!

Please look me up when you come back in so I can show you all of the changes around our hotel!

Again, thank you for taking time to let us know your thoughts!

Director of Sales
Kingsland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here March17-19 2013 And I must it was a Beyond Excellent experience. Bianca & Cathy made my stay as easy and fun as possible and also the manager help with his support for Military. I really appriciate them and look forward to staying again. I almost forgot to to this but better late than never right!!

Room Tip: Location to KCK and KCMO was great, Lots of resturants in distance and casino's!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear MrKCK,

Thank you for the time you took to give us this great review! We appreciate your kindness so much!
I am glad you mentioned "better late than never" as you can tell I totally missed your review back then and just realized it! Please accept my apology for this over site .
Thank you also for mentioning Bianca and Cathy and our treatment of respect to our Military. We appreciate you all and want to do our best to show the respect you deserve.
I hope you have been back since this was written! If not, please accept my special invitation to join us again at the American Inn North Kansas City!

Director of Sales
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Recently stayed here when a family member was at a local hospital. At 6:00am we needed a room to get a few hours of sleep so we were grateful to find something and they gave us a small discount. But the room was in very poor repair - smelled strongly of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Sheets not large enough to stay on the mattress. No alarm clock, no hair dryer. No shampoo. The beds were comfortable enough to get some much needed sleep, but unfortunately this is not a place I could recommend - and I am not a picky person. Maybe some of the rooms closer to the front are better than what we experienced at the back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear KansasLady,

Let me start by offering my most sincere apology for your concerns. Also an apology for this over site to your review not being replied to by me. I seem to have missed a couple way back then and today as I go through them all I found yours and a couple of others. Please forgive me.
I am hoping your family member has been ok since you stayed with us? I noticed that you cam in at 6:00 a.m. to visit your loved one in the hospital. I do want to say that when a guest comes in at that hour our hotel was most likely sold out or close to it. With the check out time at 11:00 no one had a chance to leave yet. We stay at 88-100% occupied year round. I am so sorry you had an undesirable room and hope that you will give us another chance if you come back into this area. If you contact me directly I will make absolutely sure you have a wonderful experience! Call me at 816-728-2786 and let's meet each other. We want each of guests to be treated properly and I hope you will give us another try!
I do appreciate your feed back and letting us know that we need to pay more attention to detail on the rooms in the back.

Carol McCoy

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!