“Hotel clean lounge needs help” 4 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn

You added American Inn to your Saves list
American Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1211 Armour Rd., I-35/I-29 and Armour Rd. Exit 6B, North Kansas City, MO 64116   |
Kansas City north
“Hotel clean lounge needs help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very satisfied with the room. But the lounge manager needs to be replaced. She closes / opens it when she wants. Allowed friends to smoke inside the bar when other guests are there. She is never around when your drink is empty. The food at the spirits restaurant is reasonably priced. Food is good but again the service at night needs improvement. During the day is good. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear JuneMan,

Thank you for giving us your review! Please accept my apology for this long overdue response!
I missed this and meant to reply and never did! Please forgive me!
I do appreciate your positive comments as well as the ones about our Restaurant and Lounge. We want to invite you back to see all of our wonderful changes! We have new Management in both areas! We now have all you can eat ALL DAY BUFFET 7 DAYS A WEEK from 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. and I believe your dinner hour will be much more appealing! The price stayed the same at $8.95 because we know how important our low prices are to the working people that stay with us! Thank you for acknowledging our good prices!

Please look me up when you come back in so I can show you all of the changes around our hotel!

Again, thank you for taking time to let us know your thoughts!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kingsland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here March17-19 2013 And I must it was a Beyond Excellent experience. Bianca & Cathy made my stay as easy and fun as possible and also the manager help with his support for Military. I really appriciate them and look forward to staying again. I almost forgot to to this but better late than never right!!

Room Tip: Location to KCK and KCMO was great, Lots of resturants in distance and casino's!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear MrKCK,

Thank you for the time you took to give us this great review! We appreciate your kindness so much!
I am glad you mentioned "better late than never" as you can tell I totally missed your review back then and just realized it! Please accept my apology for this over site .
Thank you also for mentioning Bianca and Cathy and our treatment of respect to our Military. We appreciate you all and want to do our best to show the respect you deserve.
I hope you have been back since this was written! If not, please accept my special invitation to join us again at the American Inn North Kansas City!

Director of Sales
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Recently stayed here when a family member was at a local hospital. At 6:00am we needed a room to get a few hours of sleep so we were grateful to find something and they gave us a small discount. But the room was in very poor repair - smelled strongly of smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. Sheets not large enough to stay on the mattress. No alarm clock, no hair dryer. No shampoo. The beds were comfortable enough to get some much needed sleep, but unfortunately this is not a place I could recommend - and I am not a picky person. Maybe some of the rooms closer to the front are better than what we experienced at the back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear KansasLady,

Let me start by offering my most sincere apology for your concerns. Also an apology for this over site to your review not being replied to by me. I seem to have missed a couple way back then and today as I go through them all I found yours and a couple of others. Please forgive me.
I am hoping your family member has been ok since you stayed with us? I noticed that you cam in at 6:00 a.m. to visit your loved one in the hospital. I do want to say that when a guest comes in at that hour our hotel was most likely sold out or close to it. With the check out time at 11:00 no one had a chance to leave yet. We stay at 88-100% occupied year round. I am so sorry you had an undesirable room and hope that you will give us another chance if you come back into this area. If you contact me directly I will make absolutely sure you have a wonderful experience! Call me at 816-728-2786 and let's meet each other. We want each of guests to be treated properly and I hope you will give us another try!
I do appreciate your feed back and letting us know that we need to pay more attention to detail on the rooms in the back.

Mulvane, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I make frequent visits to Kansas City. Every time I go I stay at The American Inn. Adam and the staff are great. They make you feel welcome each and every time I arrive. They dont just welcome you, they get to know you and even remember you by name! The rooms are always clean, quiet, and well maintained. Anytime I need anything, such as directions, the staff at the front desk is always helpful! The Spirit's Restaurant has great food on site. The prices are not crazy or out of this world either. The American Inn pool is also great. The pool is clean and well cared for! It makes for a perfect way to relax. I have many friends who travel to the KC area from Wichita, KS and I always suggest The American Inn.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to Adam and the ladies at the front desk who have taken the time to get to know me. I appreciate their friendly service.

-Michael Kasselman
AKA "DJ Michael K."

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Michael,

I am so glad that you made us your choice hotel each time you visit our City! We appreciate good people like yourself and always want to hear these great comments!
Thank you for your time in giving us this awesome review! I know Adam and the staff will appreciate knowing that they make a difference!
I personally thank you for mentioning us to your friends and acquaintances and hope they all take your comments to heart and stay with us as well!

Tipton, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good clean rooms, beds, service. A/C worked well. A couple minor cigarette holes in the comforter.. Not that big of a deal for $45/nights. The staff is very friendly. Adam and Cathy at the desk are awesome, made me feel right at home! I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking out some time to give us your review! I appreciate hearing the good things along with your comments that need attention! We have removed that comforter from the room!

Yes Cathy and Adam are great employees and love helping our guests feel like we are their "Home Away From Home" while staying with us!

Thank you again and I hope we see you again real soon!

Carol M Director of Sales And Marketing
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

just got back from taking my grandsons and son to a Royals ballgame. We stayed here and were not disappointed! Adam was able to get us rooms close to the lobby area. (very nice and professional young man) The staff was great, even loaned me a pen to take to the ball game. The rooms were good sized, clean and comfortable. They allowed us a late check out so the boys could go swimming before we left. Great Place to base yourself for a ball game or even Worlds of Fun. Breakfast was great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Royals Fan!

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent letting us know those wonderful things about Adam and our Staff! We are grateful to have such professional people on board our Team!
I hope you will bring your Son and Grandsons back to visit us again this summer!
Again, thank you for your comments and for making us your destination hotel for the Royals game!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Spent 3 days here while our truck was getting worked on over at the ken worth dealership. Nice, clean rooms. Great restaurant and cheap drinks in their bar... And the staff could not be more friendly and courteous. Adam the manager fabulous! Price was more than fair for the value received. I'll be here again some day. Overall I was very happy with my stay. Checked in on 6-13.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us a review! We greatly appreciate our guests and value your comments.
We take great pride in having a full service restaurant for our guests to enjoy and of course our Alibi Lounge to top off the night! I am glad you were able to enjoy both! Yes , our staff in both the restaurant and bar offer the best service and prices in town!
You mentioned Adam as being helpful and professional and that is an excellent description! He is very valuable to our Team here! Our Front Desk Staff is a blessing to have!
I hope to see you the next time you are in town. Thank you again for this wonderful review!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!