“Great atmosphere, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited on a sat nite and had no trouble getting in. The walls and ceiling are covered with all kinds of great artifacts and you'll want to take a few minutes to just walk around and look.

Server was fantastic and friendly. Hard to judge the food overall when you just get a burger, but it was very good and price was reasonable.

A must-see for any sports fan.

Jim C, Owner at Chappell's Restaurant & Sports Museum, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Your compliments are exactly what I hoped to achieve when I opened the restaurant. Good, reasonably priced food in a warm, interesting atmosphere. Thank you!

Blair, Nebraska
“Steak soup to die for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I am not a sports fan, but while driving around in North K.C I spotted a nice looking bar/restaurant/ sports museum and thought I'd stop....great decision! I had a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich, which was better than most, but the highlight of the meal was their steak soup. I've been back many times and now only get the steak soup (big bowl of it) for my meal. If you are into sports you will love this place in addition to the food, but don't forget to try the steak soup, the best I've ever had, wish I lived closer.

Bandman2

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Everyone loves our steak soup--so glad that you did too. Thanks for reviewing my restaurant so favorably.
Vacaville, California
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I live in California, but get back to good ol' K.C., where I grew up, about twice a year. I usually bring friends from all over the country and I always take them to Chappell's. Seems like all of my friends are sports nuts like me and they GO NUTS when they see the unbelievable collection of sports memorabilia inside Chappell's.

I was in with an NFL player friend before the Chiefs-Saints game years ago. We had a great talk with Jim Chappell and he had Keith Poole sign a helmet and made us feel very welcome and special.

I'll be meeting a buddy from Detroit next month in K.C. for a Royals-Tigers game at beautiful Kauffman Stadium. I'm always at Arrowhead or Kauffman Stadium and Chappell's with my friends when I get to town. I make sure they see only the best that K.C. has to offer!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you very your awesome review. Hope to see you in the restaurant again.
Cambridge, Minnesota
“Enjoyable Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had Lunch at Chappell's in early June. The menu had a nice variety and the prices were very reasonable. You can find may items in the 7 - 9 dollar range. You cannot help but notice the sports history as there are thousands of items to look at. If you are a sports fan or a person looking for a reasonably priced menu Chappell's is worth the stop when in the area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jim C, Owner at Chappell's Restaurant & Sports Museum, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. I always enjoy meeting and talking with my customers so please introduce yourself the next time you are in the restaurant.
North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA
“Memorabilia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great place! A must see and eat if you are a sports fan. Great memorabilia and good food at a reasonable price. If the owner is in the house he is more that happy to talk about your sports interest and give you a back ground on many of the items. About 10 minutes from the Sprint Center and the Power and Light District.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your visit and kind words. We all work hard to make sure our guests have a memorable visit--be sure to introduce yourself the next time you are in the restaurant. Jim