“Very Clean and Updated. Friendly Staff.” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn Kansas City North to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2214 Taney Road, North Kansas City, MO 64116   |
Ohio
“Very Clean and Updated. Friendly Staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our family stayed at this LaQuinta on our way to another destination. We arrived in the later evening. Smooth check in with very friendly staff. Our room was very clean, odor free with comfortable bedding. When we checked out there were also no issues at all. They do serve a very continental breakfast, which we did not partake since there was a Denny's across the parking lot. Upon checking out we noticed a family with their dog. I inquired about being pet friendly, which they are. We saw no indication of pets during our stay (no noise, smell or messes), which says a lot to me. We did not have time to check if there were other amenities, ie pool, wifi or gym area. This was a nice place for our overnight stay and very reasonable rates.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pensacola, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This place was great for the price and close to the Casino, not to far from the action of Kansas City MO. Arrived at night, felt safe and with area where I also Parked was good Breakfast was the Average for cold cereal and milk. a few stains in the carpet as we walked down halls to our rooms but nothing gross. Elevator broke and had to carry bags down flights of stairs but what can you do?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Saint George
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

After reading all the terrible reviews, I was almost afraid to stay at this hotel. With a huge convention in town and most hotels full, I had little choice for a place to stay. The La Quinta still had rooms, so I went ahead and booked it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel was very nice and the rooms were just fine. It's a typical La Quinta, so don't expect an upscale place. I didn't find any bugs, dirt, or smells like other reviewers mentioned. The king bed was very comfortable, which is most important to me. The room had a refrigerator and microwave and I always like a room with a refrigerator. There were room darkening curtains. The AC cooled very well and was fairly quiet when running. I liked the noon checkout time rather than some hotels that have an 11 a.m. checkout. My only complaint was that the ice machine was in the hallway near my room. I was woken up at 7:30 a.m. when people were using it. Also, they do have 3 smoking rooms and they told me if you are the last to check in, you might end up with one of these rooms. I didn't like that I couldn't be guaranteed a non-smoking rooms. Even so, I would not hesitate to stay here again. Just get there by 6 p,m. and you should be OK. .

Room Tip: Get there early to avoid a non-smoking room. Also, ask for one that is not near the ice machine, if...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Noticed a peculiar odor in the lobby but it was pleasant compared to the horrific smell in the hallway. On the way to the room we noticed something resembling vomit trailing down the hall, in the carpet. It was dried and had clearly been there a while! The nightstand was broken and had pieces laying in the floor. Requested another room on another floor and was told there weren't any. All of that seems trivial compared to the red blood stain found on the sheets and the bed bug we saw crawling across one of the pillows. This hotel is disgusting and should be shut down! Can't believe LaQuinta allows something this grotesque to be affiliated with them and to ruin their image!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Bugs inside room, dirty sheets and uncomfortable bed. Needs to be inspected. Wouldn't even pay 20.00 to sleep here. Dont waste your money. There is no pool either. The outisde is dirty on the roof it looked like someone threw up all over it.

• Stayed July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Needed a hotel for one night. The rate was very reasonable with free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. The room was at the end of a long hall (the elevator is in the middle of the hotel so you have to walk a distance. The two beds were comfortable with clean linen. The window was open, I guess, to remove the stuffiness. Wi-fi was fine. The bathroom is very small with low pressure in the shower. The tub bottom was discolored and looked dirty. There was a flat panel television with cable channel. Breakfast is available in a small room off the entrance. There were lines for the two waffle makers and the one toaster. There was no one in sight to keep things replenished.
Left at check out. Like I said, it served its purpose.

Stayed July 2014
Omaha, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The toilet was broken, as well as the tv. We had two beds, one had pubic hairs covering it, the other had baby spiders crawling under the sheet. The pull out couch smelled of vomit and the toilet only flushed half way.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Kansas City North? Share your experiences!