“Poor Service, Ordinary Food, Only saviour was the coffee” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lennox Head, Australia
“Poor Service, Ordinary Food, Only saviour was the coffee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stopped here on the way to Te Anau with my partner. The cafe was in a great position half way between Te Anau and Queenstown.

When we walked in we werent greeted by the staff who were standing behind the bar. We then asked for our meals and had a seat. I noticed there ws Wifi and when I enquired I was told 'yes we do have wifi but not for the customers' bluntly......

The food was terrible. I had a chicken pasta that had no chicken I could find, it was watery and had little flavour. My Partner had BLT which she didnt enjoy (and potentially cause some food poisoning issues).

I wouldnt waste my time stopping here.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Geelong, Australia
“Best random find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Was driving to Te Anau and decided to stop for a take away coffee, however upon entering we fell in love with the cafe and stopped for a sit down coffee and breakfast! The decor is so cosy and the woodfire heats the whole cafe wonderfully. Very yummy breakfast! We were so surprised at how wonderful the cafe was, would definitely come back if we are ever in New Zealand again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leuven, Belgium
“Best milkshake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Whilst staying in a B&B near Milford Sound, we heard this place has the best milkshakes. We just couldn't resist taking a detour and it was worth it. Lot of parking space. Very cosy inside and counter stacked with fresh home made cakes and other stuff. Lovely!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cromwell, New Zealand
“Never fails to please - frequent visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Have always frequented this cafe on our many trips to Invercargill and Doubtful Sound.
Always friendly accommodating staff and service and added bonus of lovely jewellery and gifts for presents that are a little bit different. Definitely worth a stop - excellent coffee and lovely fresh homemade cuisine - eggs benedict can heartily recommend - may not look much from the outside but you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Below Average.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visted this cafe as part of a family group for Mothers Day. I was hoping that the food would be better than my last visit. Alas not. I would have to say that collectively, this was the worst food experience in awhile. The coffees were luke warm, which was marginally better than the seafood chowders which were cold. The chowders were average, full of seafood, but of the cheap kind. Generally flavourless. We were informed that the nachos were 'sizeable'. This was not the case, small, tastless, aside from the big slab of sour cream that dominated the small plate. If you pay cheap to medium prices for food, you get what you deserve. This place is not cheap, prices are at Queenstown level. We have no issue paying good prices for good food. The latter was a big let down.

• Visited May 2013