“We've stayed here several times over the years, and this time was the worst.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Maryville
missouri
“We've stayed here several times over the years, and this time was the worst.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Husband and I were in Maryville for my high school class reunion. My parents live in Maryville, we go somewhat frequently, and have stayed at the Comfort Inn several times over the years.
The room was clean and quiet. The kids loved the pool (of course). The breakfast is always great too!
What ruined our stay was the smell in the room. It was a very strong musty smell, with a mixture of smelly feet. My husband went to the front desk and got air freshener which helped for a little bit right after we checked in. We then went out to the fair and didn't get back to the room until late. By that time, it was really stinky again.
The room was also very humid. My husband said something to the front desk about this and they were aware of the problem.
The drain in our shower was broken.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sherry r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am very sorry about your bad experience you encountered while being a guest at our motel, I cannot explain why the room would have such an odor, the room was just recently redone with new carpet, fresh paint and many updates. I will defintley look into this issue, to ensure that we do not have a problem and that this doesnt happen again. Thank you for taking the time to letting us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love the location, friendly staff( Jake was polite, very welcoming and accommodating!!) updated rooms and hot and delicious breakfast. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Our number one choice hotel when visiting Maryville!

• Stayed February 2013
sherry r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much, we look forward to seeing you again, soon I hope! Have a great day!
Liberty, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My daughter and I traveled to Maryville for a pageant. The pageant coordinator suggested we stay at the Comfort Inn, and we are so glad we listened!

The hotel is very conveniently located close to everything you might need. We never had to drive longer that 10 minutes to get anywhere we were going; the campus, the lodge where we had our reception, shopping, etc.

We arrived before check in, but they were able to accommodate us with a room in a perfect location. We had a lot of stuff to lug in, and we were just steps from the front door. This hotel is indoor entrance, which makes me feel a lot safer. To have easy access to everything was a big plus. We were able to park just steps from the front door at all times.

Our room was a standard size with 2 queen beds. The beds were firm and comfortable. The pillows were really soft; so soft that I actually had to use all of them to sleep. My daughter got cold, and they willingly gave her another blanket. They do count the towels and blankets, though, and there is a sign on the counter saying that you will be charged if any disappear.

I loved the setup of the bathroom / dressing area. There was one sink and lighting in the bathroom, and another just outside the room. This made it very easy to get ready, and we never had to fight for space. The counters are large, so we had lots of room to spread out all of the makeup and hair goodies that a pageant girl needs.

There was a larger refrigerator and microwave in the room. We used the fridge, but not really the micro. It was nice to have so much room.

The breakfast was really good. It's located in the pool area, which was fun. There is a fireplace, and the groups staying upstairs had easy access directly into the breakfast room. It was your standard fare. You had to heat your biscuits, though, and the eggs looked less than appetizing. Thankfully they had boiled eggs, too, which was nice. There is coffee available in the lounge 24 hours a day, which I thought was a really nice touch.

Housekeeping took good care of us. They left us plenty of cups, and our towels were replaced very quickly. There was a ceiling tile in the bathroom that needed fixed, but other than that, the room was impeccable.

I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: If you're going to be in and out of the hotel a lot, the rooms from 100-120 are your best bet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sherry r, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much! Look forward to seeing you again.
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The outside appearance is very nice and a little different for a Comfort Inn. All of the staff that I encountered were very nice and helpful. The room was very spacious and I liked the bathroom area with two seperate rooms. They offer a pretty good breakfast spread and offer a Happy Hour Mon-Thurs. The internet was very slow. The noise from the hallway was horrific, it sounded like the door wasn't even closed. The water pressure in the shower was poor. The worst thing was the bed. It is a murphy bed with a poor mattress and a two foot hole at the head of the bed without a headboard and I had to keep rescusing my pillow from the hole. There are other options in Maryville and while I have not tried them, I think I will the next time I visit Maryville.

Room Tip: Ask for a bed with a headboard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sherry r, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay, feedback is a very important tool that we use each day. Your input will be researced and taken into consideration. Again, thank you and we will be looking forward to seeing you again.
Solon, Ia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

nice staff at the front desk,very helpful. they did have an indoor outdoor pool the out side was covered by a glass enclosure which was nice.we were alittle disapointed that the hot tub was broken it appeared it might have been that way for awhile. rooms were nice and clean and the beds were comfortable. they also had a nice breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quieter from road noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sherry r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 4 days this past week, and the room was fine..I had no problems. The staff working at the front desk were very nice and helpful. I wish I had time to use the pool.I will definately stay here the next time in in town.

• Stayed November 2012
sherry r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We enjoy hearing from our guest!
Overland Park, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

It is a bit dated and recently there was a fire in the attached restaurant so it looks a little rough right now. That being said; the staff is wonderful and it is right next door to an Applebees. They have an indoor/outdoor pool but no excercise room. Rooms are clean and big enough. Rates are good too. A safe bet for a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!