“APRIL HARRIS.( at the front desk)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Maryland Heights

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Maryland Heights to your Saves list
Quality Inn Maryland Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2434 Old Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“APRIL HARRIS.( at the front desk)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I would like to say thank you to April Harris at the front desk, I brought my son to stay here a few nights and go to six flags. The hotel was very busy and understaffed at our arrival. As busy as April was she made extra effort to make sure any problems that we had were promptly and professionally taken care of. It is employees like her that make traveling and staying here a real treat.

Room Tip: ask April for questions and answers.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear 577mac;

Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport and for the wonderful review of Ms. April, I am so glad that she was able to take care of you and your family during your stay! I have passed this review on to her and also shared with the rest of the staff.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calhoun, Kentucky USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Checked in about 8pm after a day at the zoo. We were hot and tired and couldn't wait to get in the pool and relax. No one told us that the pool was closed until after we were in our suits and ready to dive in. In our room, the wall paper was coming off the walls, the carpet was wrinkled enough you could trip over it and completely shredded at the doorway, the chair at the desk had a big chunk out of the side of the back, the door to the tv cabinet was held open with duct tape, the baseboard was peeled off the wall about three feet beside the bed and the wallpaper was coming off the wall, the fan in the bathroom sounded like a lawn mower every time you turned the light on, need I go on?? Our grandkids needed a microwave to clean the baby's bottles and the room did not have one, so they asked if the could use the staff's. The girl on duty said "NO, you have to upgrade your room if you want a microwave!" so they did, no problem. But she put them in a room that was being renovated and was under construction. THEN she put them in a smoking room that had urine dried all over the toilet seat and floor. Needless to say, we checked out and went to the Comfort Inn on Lackland Rd, just a couple of miles away. It was wonderful!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sharon D;

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport, I am so sorry that you had such a bad stay and encountered such issues. I have reviewed these issues with the staff and I can assure that everything has been fixed! Thank you for bringing this to our attention
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

After traveling by air for 2 days continuously-from Nigeria to Atlanta then St. Louis-for my son's birthday, I was exhausted & needed to crash. Sadly Priceline messed my reservation up but the patient & helpful lady at the front desk, Ms. April Harris made the entire experience worthwhile. Though she was obviously very busy, she took time to make sure every guest felt welcome. We enjoyed our stay.

Dear OLUYEMI;

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport, I am so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and the April was able to help you with your missing reservations. We take great pride in our staff service and I have also given April a copy of this review and with that a special gift for her for having her name recognized for outstanding service!
We hope to see you and your family again very soon!!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The three days we stayed were great due to the front desk agent Brianna. she fixed our tv which we were having problems with. we called in advance, when we got there she had everything ready to go and we did not have to wait. so, our home wasnt ready so we had to find a place to stay and fast. breakfast was great. but the hotel needs to be renovated. but i got what i payed for. definetely would stay again

Room Tip: stay in a room by the pool they are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Keith C;

Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport, I am so pleased that one of our star employees Brianna was able to take such good care of you and your family while you were away from your own home! All the staff especially Brianna take great pride in making sure all the guest are having a wonderful experience and for this amazing comment you have posted you have proven that we are doing a wonderful job. Brianna has received a special gift for this amazing customer service!
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to send us an amazing review and we look forward to you staying with us again in the near future!
Paris, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First the good. The hotel staff did everything they could to help us with our stay. Especially April Harris who answered an endless stream of questions about where to get things in the area, and helped us get the sleeper bed ready in the room. If we are back in the area, I hope she's working again. The hotel is very family friendly. The atrium/pool area has a great atmosphere to it. In the evening, several groups of people were out having snacks at the tables. It almost felt like an outdoor cafe with a pool to boot. The next morning, breakfast was served in the same atrium. The breakfast was a typical hotel continental breakfast. They had waffle irons, fresh fruit, cereal, all kinds of breads, eggs, and sausage. The room we had was quite spacious and well designed. It had a bathtub big enough for two plus a separate shower. It had a "king" bed (more later) and a fold-out sleeper sofa. There was plenty of room to move around even with the bed out.

Now the bad. The hotel was not in the best of shape. The mirror on the bathroom door was cracked in the corner, and it looked like some pieces might fall out anytime. The bathroom fixtures looked like they had been recaulked about 15 times to avoid having to update the room. There were some small pieces of glass from a broken light bulb by the bathroom sink. There were numerous patches to things. The "King" size bed was a king-sized headboard with a queen bed in place. The mattress felt ok, but was not as good as many places I've stayed. Some of the furniture looked to be in poor repair, including one arm missing from one of the chairs. The walls had some nail-pops and peeling.

So, overall, this hotel has a lot of potential. If you're taking a family around and want a decent place to stay with a lot of atmosphere, this is great. If they were to renovate the rooms, the hotel would be fantastic. But as is, I can't quite give it my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: The rooms next to the pool are really great, as you can just step out side into the atrium. Worth t...
Dear ABitOfVacation;

I really appreciate you taking the time to compose this wonderful review of one of my excellent front desk staff April. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that April was able to help you with the St. Louis area and with your room. We have shown April this review and she has received a gift for this recognition for customer service.
We have since fixed all the issues you had in the room you stayed in and can assure that your next experience will be a positive one with you room too!
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Outstanding customer service! Gwen went above and beyond what would be expected to make our stay comfortable. There was a mix up with the reservation and we were placed in a smoking room. The entire hotel was booked due to a rugby tournament and she somehow found a way to move us to a non smoking (wonderful smelling) room. She personally checked the room to be sure it would meet our expectations. Thank you, Gwen!

Dear Jenny J.

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time out of your day to post such amazing words about my staff! Like all of the staff Gwen is such a wonderful asset to our team, I know that every night she works that all the guest will be taken care of! We all really appreciate the feedback you have given and I have also shared this with Gwen who also received a gift for this excellent customer service! We look forward to your next visit!
STURGEON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Fine Stay. Really enjoyed the swimming pool on a cold day. Very helpful and friendly staff. Room was in excellent shape and the beds were some of the most confortable I have slept on for a long time.

Breakfast was very good with a variety of items and the person stocking was literally running to keep up with demand. This was much appreciated.

Why the 4.9? Well, the wifi did not work in my room which was, literally, the farthest away. As soon I went out the door - it worked fine. I think it was the bad weather conditions combined with the distance from the transmitters that caused the problem. Also, I would suggest some sugar-free syrup for us with sugar problems.

One final note, when I got back to the car and looked a my reciept - the amount charged what less than the original rate. I am assuming the discount was because I reported the wifi problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear James S
Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport and for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback.
Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday and we are so happy that you and your family enjoyed the wonderful indoor pool. I apologize that the wireless internet gave you problems in your room; I have forward this on to our corporate IT service so they can fix the problem for future guests. I want to thank you for your business and I hope that you will stay with us very soon!!

Been to Quality Inn Maryland Heights? Share your experiences!