“If I could give 4.9 I would” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Maryland Heights

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Maryland Heights to your Saves list
Quality Inn Maryland Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2434 Old Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
STURGEON
“If I could give 4.9 I would”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Fine Stay. Really enjoyed the swimming pool on a cold day. Very helpful and friendly staff. Room was in excellent shape and the beds were some of the most confortable I have slept on for a long time.

Breakfast was very good with a variety of items and the person stocking was literally running to keep up with demand. This was much appreciated.

Why the 4.9? Well, the wifi did not work in my room which was, literally, the farthest away. As soon I went out the door - it worked fine. I think it was the bad weather conditions combined with the distance from the transmitters that caused the problem. Also, I would suggest some sugar-free syrup for us with sugar problems.

One final note, when I got back to the car and looked a my reciept - the amount charged what less than the original rate. I am assuming the discount was because I reported the wifi problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear James S
Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport and for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback.
Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday and we are so happy that you and your family enjoyed the wonderful indoor pool. I apologize that the wireless internet gave you problems in your room; I have forward this on to our corporate IT service so they can fix the problem for future guests. I want to thank you for your business and I hope that you will stay with us very soon!!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Maryland Heights, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

After every trip I stop here to let whatever stress or even joy calm a bit. The staff is by far the best I've ever had. I'm not a normal guest, blue hair, my clothes must look so silly to them but it makes no difference. They always treat me like a family member returning home. The items put off for breakfast are always fresh & I just run down grab a few things & head back to my room. The internet is fast & free. It's not a new hotel & I love that. It has personality & I know while I'm there I will be taken care of. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: If you need help ask the desk clerk, those guys go above and beyond for me every time and at times I...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Travessty,

My staff and I are very pleased that you had a great stay at our Quality Inn Westport and we are counting on you visiting us again very soon! I have given a copy of your review to all the staff as it will put a smile on there faces and it will show them that all the hard work they do each day really does pay off and that guest like you see this! Your effort to recognize the hard working employees is appreciated, and we all hope that you can let your hair down again at the Quality Inn Westport very soon!
Quincy, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Pool wasn't the cleanest but was ok. After leaving the hotel for the evening we returned and there was no parking. The attached restaurant/bar had a live band so there was no parking for hotel customers. Room was warm so tried to turn on air but wouldn't work. The wires were fried and caused a shower of sparks a couple of times. Tried to call front desk but no one would answer. After they were finally reached the manager was called but didn't want to deal with it. We had live wires just laying on the carpet but she said it wasn't a fire hazard. We had conjoined rooms and had to split our group but was refused any kind of compensation for the safety issue or inconvenience. The water in the room we moved to would not shut completely off. Toilet ran most of the night. Next morning, had to ask numerous times to have games turned on in the game room. The trash cans near the breakfast area were all over flowing. Cups were all gone. The fruit was rotted. And once again there was no one at the front desk to take care of any of it. Only 1 of the 4 ice machines worked. We stay in hotels frequently and this was the worst service I have ever had. Have never seen a manager who did not care about the customers like this one. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Melissa L.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the Quality Inn Westport. Thank you so much for bringing these issues to our attention. I understand how uncomfortable that must have been for you and your family. We have since gone back and had all of the air conditioners looked at after hearing about the issues that were experienced that weekend. This is by no means the impression we want to have you leave with and hope to get the opportunity in the future to host you and your family again and create a much better experience. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the survey so we can continue to improve for our guests.
Republic, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband, our 2-year-old daughter and I decided to take a last-minute trip to St. Louis. We did a Priceline Express Deal. This was the hotel we got. We found the front desk staff to be friendly, the room to be plenty clean, and no real issues with the room. Pool was closed for cleaning, but the game area was open, and our daughter enjoyed playing with the games. We weren't expecting the Hilton- we were expecting a bed with a locking door (both of which were here). Breakfast was served from 6-9am and included sausage and egg sandwiches, waffles, and cereal. Everything was delicious and set us off on a good foot the 3 mornings we were here.

If we were to look for things to complain about, we could have found them. But that wasn't the mindset we were in, so this hotel worked wonderfully for our family. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family- but only if they could secure it for the same price that we did!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JC_LHM, General Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Emily T;

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn Westport! We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us and we hope that you will stay with us again very soon!
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

we stayed at the Quality Inn again - had been there a couple of years ago and grandson enjoyed the pool the previous visit. the price is low but you get what you pay for. the pool area was rather cool, the motel was only fairly clean but is need of repairs and updating. it was also rather nosiy but then we were close to the atrium. the night attendants were not very personable but the morning staff was very friendly. we did keep our shoes on in the room because of questionably clean carpet??? .

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front entrance will be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Terrible Hotel Alert: The Quality Inn on Dorset attached to Sybergs. Mold, bugs in your bed, grime, much less than friendly staff, and don't accidentally leave anything behind, because you will never see it again. This is the only hotel in which I have refused to take my socks off. Patronize only if you want a cheap alternative to a DWI.

Outside of the dirty conditions, terribly maintained walls and carpets, and lack of lighting near the closet/mirror, I found bugs in my bed right before I got in it. I went to the front desk, showed them the bug, and the employee shrugged, did not appologize, and simply gave me a new room key. I felt as if her reaction was a sign of this being a common occurence. Since we changed rooms in our pajamas in the middle of the night, I accidentally left an article of clothing behind. The next morning, I checked with housekeeping staff and the front desk, all of whom shrugged as if it was not their problem. I had to be persistent with the front desk to go check in the laundry. "Nothing was found," they said. Excuse me, but my bra did not walk off on its own. The likely explanation is that housekeeping threw it away and did not want to admit to it. Manager Jill Cooper was nowhere to be found when I finally went to complain, and staff would not find her for me. I left this experience braless and unhappy. The only thing this place has going for it is that it is attached to a drinking and eating establishment.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland Heights, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

whether im coming back from vacation or just need some days away that destionation is always quality inn. After my 1st visit all employees remembered me, it feels like im at home. If i ask for extra towels they always have them ready they have your back! Its an older hotel but the rooms are very clean. The go the extra mile to make sure you are satified,the entire staff is accommedating. If you are lucky enough to check in with Robert you are in for a treat, by far the best there is!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Maryland Heights? Share your experiences!