“Terrible experience!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Maryland Heights

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Maryland Heights to your Saves list
Quality Inn Maryland Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2434 Old Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Beloit, Wisconsin, United States
“Terrible experience!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel was booked by a family member for an extended family get together and the only reason we continued to stay was to avoid hurting their feelings, because they had put together the trip and weeks activities. The hotel itself is very dated and needs many repairs (peeling paint, wall paper, rust, broken railings). In this price range some dating is not unusual, however, there were many things which are not acceptable for any reason and are potential safety violations. The spa has been filled in and convered with mulch and poorly planted flowers. The staff was very rude and not helpful and certainly seemed to be inconvenienced by hotel guests. On several occasions, staff was observed to be yelling at guests, once across a room with other guests present. Staff talked about guests inappropriately and loudly using expletives in front of children. Maid service took all of the bath towels, hand towels and wash cloths, even the ones which were hanging on the towel bars and did not leave any kind of cloth in the entire room, in addition to not cleaning the room. The front desk clerk, when asked for towels, stated it was not his responsibility to provide towels and we were not given any, even after requesting twice. The next day housekeeping left one clean towel and one wash cloth in the room. One towel for a family of four with no apologies or attempts to rectify the situation. We found the rooms and main areas to be very dirty. ac was too loud to converse with it on in the room. Bathroom fan was also very loud and rattled excessively. Light fixtures/lamps flickered, would not stay on, very unsafe. Bathtub would not drain. Rooms were switched in an attempt to accommodate concerns with other family members all rooms had several severe issues, so they finally gave up. I would never recommend or suggest anyone stay at this hotel or any other property associated with this organization. I don't expect perfection but there are basic standards which any hotel must provide and unfortunately this property falls short in every category.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Redmond, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I'll start with the good (not great.): there were two staff who seemed happy to be there, both of whom I saw after 10pm. Everyone else looked like their dog of 15 years was captured and ruthlessly tortured, then slain.

When we pulled up, the "quality" part of the sign was not lit, only the "Inn" portion of the sign. My wife jokingly said, "hope that's not a bad omen". When we checked in, we found that the water in the hotel was out. Thought, not a huge deal, it happens to the best of places at unfortunate times. It was turned on again by morning.

Then as we walk to the room, there was trash up and down the corridor.

The room was fine, although there was a faint odor. The handles for water on the sink and the tub showed hot on one side cold on the other, but both were reversed. The knobs were tightened so hard that my wife and kids could not turn the knobs to turn the water on- so I got to do that for them whenever they wanted to wash their hands, take a bath/shower, etc...

The refrigerater in the room was so cold everything that we put in it froze - milk, water, salsa, etc...

The continental breakfast was phenomenal on the first morning, but each morning following there was less and less, until on the last morning there were waffles and toast only. - A bit disappointing to say the least.

Oh the pool.... not sure what was floating around on the bottom of the pool, nor do I want to know, but I am glad that I don't have test strips to test the cleanliness of the pool. There were lots of people in the pool though.

Can't say I would ever stay here again.

One more positive... FREE Wall Street Journal!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Franklin Ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

silly string all over wall floors not vacuumed tub dirty we used are own bedding over theirs we were very tired or would have went elsewhere never again worst motel ever

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Lets start at the beginning. My family purchased 4 rooms for this evening-only one didnt have major problems. Aside from the smell of backed up toilet throughout the hotel it is also completely filthy. The first room we walked in to had not even been cleaned- beer bottles and trash everywhere. We were given a different room an hour later. We went out to dinner and upon coming back discovered there to be a family in our room! They actually gave it to someone else! When we went to the front to ask the man stated that he gave it away because he didnt see any of our belongings in there!!!! Umm- why the hell was he in our room at all?! On top of that the ice machines dont work "out of order"- all of them and most of the games in the gameroom are broken. Dont ever ever EVER stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was in town visiting friends on the other side of the river where there is a quality inn as well as a comfort suites but they were both out of my price range for such a short trip. The hotel looks like an older property from the outside because it is, but that doesn't make up for the unpleasant events to follow checking in.

I was woken up at 7:00am due to a fire alarm going off. The fire department was there within minutes, but what is disturbing is that a previous reviewer didn't hear the fire alarm AT ALL previous to firemen at their door. That is worrisome! I packed my bags before I left my room and was checked out by 7:30, apparently the problem was due to a toaster. The Fire Chief didn't seem happy regarding this at all and neither was I. The manager on duty did not offer my an apology for the inconvenience or anything to make up for the disturbance and I have yet to get ahold of the general manager.

I would much rather stay at the Comfort Suites or the Quality Inn in St. Charles they are much nicer and way more safe!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Davenport, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here this weekend with some friends of mine. I try and write reviews when things are good or bad, and this was one of the poorer experiences. When we first arrived, we couldn't find the place because the sign was not lit up. Okay, I understand that's minor, but then when we got to the door (it was late), there were hookers standing outside nearby. I kid you not. We did not make eye contact and just hurried in. The rooms weren't in the worst shape, about what you might expect for the price. Our water knobs in both rooms just turned in circles without a defined on and off switch. That was annoying, but I suppose we lived. The walls in my friends' room had blood on the door frame. Not some bloody handprint, but it was still a bit disturbing. The thing that really clinched it (aside from smelling weed several different times in the hallways) was being woken up this morning rather early by someone screaming and pounding on the doors. I thought that it might have been some crazy guy, so I ignored it at first for my own safety. When I looked outside the door, I saw a fireman. No alarms had gone off, nothing. They told us to get out immediately. We grabbed our bags and rushed down the hallway, but when we got to the front doors they told us to go back in and that it was a false alarm. It did not put me in the best of moods for the rest of the day.

Long story short, the place was a bit too scary and sleezy, especially if you want to bring your family.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER, EVER HAD AT A CHOICE HOTELS BRAND FRANCHISE!

Arrived around midnight - and there were NO lights on in the parking lot. Got to the front desk, just as a woman was being turned away (all rooms were apparently booked). Got checked in OK, though it wasn't a great experience - there were some people just hanging around who didn't really look like they belonged there in the lobby.

Got to the room, and that was when the real problem set in. We didn't need a key to enter our room. Nope, the door opened by the outside lever without a key. To make matters worse, the outside lever would ALSO undo the deadbolt without a key. So. There we am in a room that you can't lock the door on. Great. Time to build a barricade ('cause it's after midnight, all rooms are booked up, and I'm not calling the front desk to complain while shady characters are hanging out down there).

Fear of personal safety aside, this place is a dive. I don't know how Choice Hotels can continue to authorize this franchise - it's a HUGE black eye for the corporation. It's enough to make me consider never staying at another Choice Hotel brand property again.

Rotten ceiling in the bathroom, sink and tub won't drain, ratty furniture in the lobby... but most of all, utter lack of security in a suburb of one of the most crime-ridden cities in the country. Ugh.

Oh, and to ice the cake, when we checked out, the guy at the front desk didn't know how to complete our transaction and give us a receipt. Nice.

84 thumbs down. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go to the Drury Inn across the street. Maybe they have one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Maryland Heights? Share your experiences!