“Hands down the worst hotel experience I have ever had” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Maryland Heights

You added Quality Inn Maryland Heights to your Saves list
Quality Inn Maryland Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2434 Old Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
“Hands down the worst hotel experience I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Lets start at the beginning. My family purchased 4 rooms for this evening-only one didnt have major problems. Aside from the smell of backed up toilet throughout the hotel it is also completely filthy. The first room we walked in to had not even been cleaned- beer bottles and trash everywhere. We were given a different room an hour later. We went out to dinner and upon coming back discovered there to be a family in our room! They actually gave it to someone else! When we went to the front to ask the man stated that he gave it away because he didnt see any of our belongings in there!!!! Umm- why the hell was he in our room at all?! On top of that the ice machines dont work "out of order"- all of them and most of the games in the gameroom are broken. Dont ever ever EVER stay here!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Valparaiso, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was in town visiting friends on the other side of the river where there is a quality inn as well as a comfort suites but they were both out of my price range for such a short trip. The hotel looks like an older property from the outside because it is, but that doesn't make up for the unpleasant events to follow checking in.

I was woken up at 7:00am due to a fire alarm going off. The fire department was there within minutes, but what is disturbing is that a previous reviewer didn't hear the fire alarm AT ALL previous to firemen at their door. That is worrisome! I packed my bags before I left my room and was checked out by 7:30, apparently the problem was due to a toaster. The Fire Chief didn't seem happy regarding this at all and neither was I. The manager on duty did not offer my an apology for the inconvenience or anything to make up for the disturbance and I have yet to get ahold of the general manager.

I would much rather stay at the Comfort Suites or the Quality Inn in St. Charles they are much nicer and way more safe!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Davenport, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here this weekend with some friends of mine. I try and write reviews when things are good or bad, and this was one of the poorer experiences. When we first arrived, we couldn't find the place because the sign was not lit up. Okay, I understand that's minor, but then when we got to the door (it was late), there were hookers standing outside nearby. I kid you not. We did not make eye contact and just hurried in. The rooms weren't in the worst shape, about what you might expect for the price. Our water knobs in both rooms just turned in circles without a defined on and off switch. That was annoying, but I suppose we lived. The walls in my friends' room had blood on the door frame. Not some bloody handprint, but it was still a bit disturbing. The thing that really clinched it (aside from smelling weed several different times in the hallways) was being woken up this morning rather early by someone screaming and pounding on the doors. I thought that it might have been some crazy guy, so I ignored it at first for my own safety. When I looked outside the door, I saw a fireman. No alarms had gone off, nothing. They told us to get out immediately. We grabbed our bags and rushed down the hallway, but when we got to the front doors they told us to go back in and that it was a false alarm. It did not put me in the best of moods for the rest of the day.

Long story short, the place was a bit too scary and sleezy, especially if you want to bring your family.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

THE WORST EXPERIENCE I'VE EVER, EVER HAD AT A CHOICE HOTELS BRAND FRANCHISE!

Arrived around midnight - and there were NO lights on in the parking lot. Got to the front desk, just as a woman was being turned away (all rooms were apparently booked). Got checked in OK, though it wasn't a great experience - there were some people just hanging around who didn't really look like they belonged there in the lobby.

Got to the room, and that was when the real problem set in. We didn't need a key to enter our room. Nope, the door opened by the outside lever without a key. To make matters worse, the outside lever would ALSO undo the deadbolt without a key. So. There we am in a room that you can't lock the door on. Great. Time to build a barricade ('cause it's after midnight, all rooms are booked up, and I'm not calling the front desk to complain while shady characters are hanging out down there).

Fear of personal safety aside, this place is a dive. I don't know how Choice Hotels can continue to authorize this franchise - it's a HUGE black eye for the corporation. It's enough to make me consider never staying at another Choice Hotel brand property again.

Rotten ceiling in the bathroom, sink and tub won't drain, ratty furniture in the lobby... but most of all, utter lack of security in a suburb of one of the most crime-ridden cities in the country. Ugh.

Oh, and to ice the cake, when we checked out, the guy at the front desk didn't know how to complete our transaction and give us a receipt. Nice.

84 thumbs down. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go to the Drury Inn across the street. Maybe they have one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We just got back from staying here over Easter weekend, we use to stay ALOT but hadn't in a few years. OMG, never again. The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the restaurant. They have very good food at reasonable prices but the hotel..where should I begin, the carpet everywhere was disgusting to say the least, the first room we went in the couch.....I wouldn't of even let my dog on it, it was so stained and the refrigerator was so nasty. We asked for a different room, we got it but it was no better, the beds were hard as a rock, my husband and I both woke up to sore backs, I wouldn't dare walk barefoot on the carpet, yuck. The elevator (which there is only one) is so small and kind of spooky. I just can't get over the how much this hotel has went down hill. I wish I had read the reviews before going as we would not of stayed there. This doesn't even deserve 1 overall rating. You would think with all the reviews someone would update the hotel. Like softer beds, new carpeting, fresh new towels. New couches in the suites. Its just bad all around, our shower didn't even work. We paid 79.99 for all THIS ? SERIOUSLY???????

Room Tip: We reserved several rooms and not one of them were worth staying there again!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

We are currently here at the Quality Inn, motel in Maryland Heights. I can not sleep because I feel there are bugs crawling all over me. This hotel is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in, in my entire life! When you first walk into the lobby it does not look to bad. Looks are definately decieving!! When walking to our rooms we passed a rinky elevator that I argued with my mother (who is staying in the room next to us) that there was no way that was the elevator. After getting on the elevator which is dingy and scary, not well taken care of. We went to the first floor to our rooms. Getting off the elevator you immediately see dirt and crud on carpets, mold on walls. It looks as though the carpets have not been vacuumed in MONTHS! Ceiling tiles completely missing from ceiling. Leaves were everywhere from I am guessing the exit door that was no where close by (you had to go out the stairs door to get to the exit). My mothers room the tv did not work, finally my husband got it fixed but the remote was unusable, mold on walls and a very musty smell. When I arrived in my room (not thinking it could get worse than my mothers, boy was I wrong) immediately my eyes were drawn to the walls and mold in the corners and around the bases the smell was even worse than my mothers. I will not walk on the carpet without my shoes nor allow my children to do so. The tv connection is VERY poor. Almost all channels are static. We had decided to stay another night in St.Louis and had stayed in Maryland Heights the night before and really enjoyed our stay. We would have stayed at the previous hotel (Red Roof Inn) which was a 1000sd times better, even cheaper than this joke of a hotel, but the kids wanted a pool. We chose the Quality Inn and didn't read the reviews first. After we got here the kids were super excited to swim so we took them swimming, forgot towels from our room so we asked the front desk attendant for some. She gave us 2 hand towels not even big enough to wrap around my 18 month old! We brushed it off and decided to play some arcade games. This was a joke as well. Although I wouldn't expect any different since we had seen the rest of the hotel. All the games were way over priced and over HALF of them didn't work or would eat your money. My mother had went straight to bed when we arrived or we would have checked right back out!!! I am not aware of the rooms on any other floor but if you dare to stay here be absolutely positive to not stay on the 1st floor!!!! I am going to make a phone call to the Health Department first thing in the morning. I can not wait to be able to get up and leave the disgusting place!!!! The Red Roof Inn is just 5 minutes away only cost 39.99 a night. The hotel is much cleaner beds more comfortable bathrooms looked recently updated and staff was super friendly, I even forgot my expensive pillow and they had it waiting for me up at the front desk when I arrived! Please choose a different hotel for your own health!

• Stayed March 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We checked into the Quality Inn In Maryland Heights and checked back out... I can't believe that they would even allow this hotel to be open for business.... I was never so disgusted in my life... To start off with that elevator was scary small and a bit of a joke.. Went to our room and never saw so much filth in my whole life they moved us to another room and it was as bad as the first one... I would not allow my dog to stay in this hotel more less a person... I would not suggest to even stay here if you have been on the road and are so tired and you think all you want is a bed because you will be so mad when you see the room and the thought that they actually had enough nerve to charge you for a nights stay there that you still will not get sleep.. It is a gross disgusting nasty dirty filthy hotel that Quality Inn should be ashamed to to call this one of there propertys...If you want a real good experience go next door to the Hampton Inn it's a real hotel that this place should take training from!!!

Room Tip: A good room would be the hotel next door Hampton Inn
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
lbarrylhm, Manager at Quality Inn Maryland Heights, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Belam39604,
Thank you so much for your review. I wish you would have given us a chance to improve your stay, we are an older property but we work hard uphold strong standards of cleanliness and repair for our guests. We are confident that we can provide our guests with an enjoyable stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future so we can improve from this experience and have you leave satisfied.

Hotel Management

Been to Quality Inn Maryland Heights? Share your experiences!