“Rooms could use some sound proofing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Casino St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Casino St. Louis to your Saves list
Hollywood Casino St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Casino Center Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043 (Formerly Harrah's Hotel and Casino - Maryland Heights)   |
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Altoona, Alabama, United States
“Rooms could use some sound proofing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Got a free room comp in the mail so stayed there last night (12 Nov 13) on our way to Omaha. Casino IS under going major remodel. Check in was smooth and desk clerk was polity. Asked if the room had a microwave... He replied no BUT I'll have one sent right up. Nice! Slots were pretty loose and did ok. As for the room at about 12:30 in the mourning; as I had mentioned about the remodel....we think they must have been doing some as we kept hearing movement and the sound of tiles being dropped. Room was nice but could use some insulation with this remodel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sherman, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was a hit song back in the day but if you have visited the Hollywood casino you will understand why. Although we are ex smokers some 15 years ago this was horrible. The casino had a non smoker area wedged between two smoking areas to it was basically non existant. Although Hollywood is doing some remodeling since purchasing this we personally or our friends aren't in love with it anymore as all our favorite machines are gone. PLayed some and lost but you kinda expect that. Drinks prices went up. Rooms were nice. Quiet and comfortable. We had dinner at a restaurant outside the casino but on site which was great. Our next gambling excursion will not be at the Hollywood. Too man others in the St. Louis area which take care of you better.

Room Tip: Had a room on 7th floor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed at this casino when it was Harrah's. Since we were passing through the area on a recent trip we decided to give the Hollywood a try. We were disappointed and probably won't be back. The staff never seemed to be friendly or particularly helpful. The casino was under a major remodel, and the early check in fee seemed very unfriendly and even inhospitable. The Hollywood organization definitely felt like a major step down from Harrah's. The only bright spot was our lunch at Sammy's which was fairly good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
guy, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my mother during the World Series. While looking for the best way to travel to the game, I asked the Bell Captain. He responded that they provide a shuttle to the airport where we could catch the Metrolink to the stadium. When I asked the shuttle driver about returning, he gave me a card to call. I called the number after the game and was told that the shuttle was no longer available. That was inexcusable. We rode the train back to the airport where we had to wait 30 minutes for a taxi ride. Got back to hotel 2.5 hours after the game. Beds were comfortable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

REALLY......trying to nickel and dime you....never coming back....Even if your room is ready ...Even if it's free.....if you come before three you pay a ten dollar charge....you are here to gamble ....never had a casino charge for coming to early.....guess if anyone has traveled you want to be there before the traffic gets bad...when going to this casino we had a five mile backup and that was at noon.....traveled for miles just wanted to shower change clothes and GAMBLE....But we didn't want to give into this practice of paying because we are here before three.....so we gambled for one hour ..couldn't find any place open for a meal..nothing opens till four...so then we decided we would not gamble the amount we usually would play we would just hang out and never come back to this casino....when harrahs was the owner you never had these problems....we will not be coming back ....instead we will find another casino to play....Our host made all the arrangements so we had no idea of this stupid rule...Oh Slots ....half are cashman......don't bother stopping here...

Vicco, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a drop of a dime. We flew in from Mexico and didn't want to drive all night home so we looked on expedia and found a room for 89 dollars plus tax. We gambled and were not disappointed.

The person working the service desk was great. I forget his name but he was a short black dude. He apologized like 10 times because the valet and bus service was not 24 hours. Either way for that price I was not going to complaint. Not only that but we arrived at midnight.

I will say that with this being a casino, such services should be available around the clock. If a casino expects 24 hour gambling, the least they can do is have 24 accommodations.

The room was fabulous. Not much on a view as you overlook the parking garage but if you play it just right you can park your car within view. The parking lot was well lit, and it provided ample places to park. In addition to all this the parking was free. The bed was a king size bed, with a 32 in television and a work area with a pull out couch. The room was clean and well maintained. This place is fairly new and it shows. The bathroom was over the top. The toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom and it has a perfect area for my wife to place all her getting ready apparatuses. The tub was a one person sit in tub, and the water pressure was amazing after an 8 hour flight.

Overall I was very pleased with this stay. It is a bit of a drive from downtown St. Louis, I would put it as a 30 minute drive on a good day. You have to fight downtown traffic and airport traffic but it is fairly reasonable. The place was under construction while we were there so, as far as its full potential I would say this place isn't there yet. There is a lot of construction going on inside of it. And that's putting it mildly. They are literally hanging ceilings and replacing walls from a tornado that ripped through there early 2013.

I am not much on casinos but they have plenty of slots, and a private areas with about 20 poker tables for tournaments. They also have a bunch of restaurants. Like I said they are still under construction so as far as a number I cannot say. We on the second floor at a all you can eat buffet. It was amazing!! 6 different cuisines to choose from and about 100 different pastries. All this is for 16 dollars plus tip. You will not leave this place hungry!! They also have higher class restaurants but at the time they seemed to still be in the constructions phase.

Overall the stay was wonderful. I would like to say that we will return but we live 8 hours away. The hotel portion of it is definitely high end and the guest relations manager deserves and atta boy for coaching their staff on how to treat people.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upon checking in Brianne was respectful but would not do a cash deposit when I had express to her about having to wait for 3 weeks for my credit card to be refunded the previous times we stayed there. Finally a manager on duty came out and did tell me that they'll do it these time but never again will they accept a cash deposit. The rooms curtain had cigarette burns on it and the bed sheets apparently they don't have a fitting one or whom ever dressed the bed did a very poor job on it that when I pull the covers over me I pulled every single one of them leaving the bed exposed. Aroma cafe had great service and outstanding breakfast. Upon check out miss Saneka was very rude because once she pulled up the account on her screen she started laughing as if what she read on the screen was some type of joke about me and my guest. We try to contact her over the phone to ask her what was on that screen that she found so funny and made her laugh at us. I can understand the casino being remodel and that I am willing to trade off for a high standard customer service not whatever I experienced as far being hassled for a credit card at check in or the laughter of Saneka at check out time. If I was in in the joke I would of laughed too but apparently it was all on her screen not for me to be part of it. Hopefully someone will see these and take the appropiate actions in order to maintain a high standard of customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis? Share your experiences!