“Ten dollar charge for early check in...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Casino St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Hollywood Casino St. Louis to your Saves list
Hollywood Casino St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Casino Center Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043 (Formerly Harrah's Hotel and Casino - Maryland Heights)   |
Ranked #12 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
ny
“Ten dollar charge for early check in...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

REALLY......trying to nickel and dime you....never coming back....Even if your room is ready ...Even if it's free.....if you come before three you pay a ten dollar charge....you are here to gamble ....never had a casino charge for coming to early.....guess if anyone has traveled you want to be there before the traffic gets bad...when going to this casino we had a five mile backup and that was at noon.....traveled for miles just wanted to shower change clothes and GAMBLE....But we didn't want to give into this practice of paying because we are here before three.....so we gambled for one hour ..couldn't find any place open for a meal..nothing opens till four...so then we decided we would not gamble the amount we usually would play we would just hang out and never come back to this casino....when harrahs was the owner you never had these problems....we will not be coming back ....instead we will find another casino to play....Our host made all the arrangements so we had no idea of this stupid rule...Oh Slots ....half are cashman......don't bother stopping here...

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Vicco, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a drop of a dime. We flew in from Mexico and didn't want to drive all night home so we looked on expedia and found a room for 89 dollars plus tax. We gambled and were not disappointed.

The person working the service desk was great. I forget his name but he was a short black dude. He apologized like 10 times because the valet and bus service was not 24 hours. Either way for that price I was not going to complaint. Not only that but we arrived at midnight.

I will say that with this being a casino, such services should be available around the clock. If a casino expects 24 hour gambling, the least they can do is have 24 accommodations.

The room was fabulous. Not much on a view as you overlook the parking garage but if you play it just right you can park your car within view. The parking lot was well lit, and it provided ample places to park. In addition to all this the parking was free. The bed was a king size bed, with a 32 in television and a work area with a pull out couch. The room was clean and well maintained. This place is fairly new and it shows. The bathroom was over the top. The toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom and it has a perfect area for my wife to place all her getting ready apparatuses. The tub was a one person sit in tub, and the water pressure was amazing after an 8 hour flight.

Overall I was very pleased with this stay. It is a bit of a drive from downtown St. Louis, I would put it as a 30 minute drive on a good day. You have to fight downtown traffic and airport traffic but it is fairly reasonable. The place was under construction while we were there so, as far as its full potential I would say this place isn't there yet. There is a lot of construction going on inside of it. And that's putting it mildly. They are literally hanging ceilings and replacing walls from a tornado that ripped through there early 2013.

I am not much on casinos but they have plenty of slots, and a private areas with about 20 poker tables for tournaments. They also have a bunch of restaurants. Like I said they are still under construction so as far as a number I cannot say. We on the second floor at a all you can eat buffet. It was amazing!! 6 different cuisines to choose from and about 100 different pastries. All this is for 16 dollars plus tip. You will not leave this place hungry!! They also have higher class restaurants but at the time they seemed to still be in the constructions phase.

Overall the stay was wonderful. I would like to say that we will return but we live 8 hours away. The hotel portion of it is definitely high end and the guest relations manager deserves and atta boy for coaching their staff on how to treat people.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upon checking in Brianne was respectful but would not do a cash deposit when I had express to her about having to wait for 3 weeks for my credit card to be refunded the previous times we stayed there. Finally a manager on duty came out and did tell me that they'll do it these time but never again will they accept a cash deposit. The rooms curtain had cigarette burns on it and the bed sheets apparently they don't have a fitting one or whom ever dressed the bed did a very poor job on it that when I pull the covers over me I pulled every single one of them leaving the bed exposed. Aroma cafe had great service and outstanding breakfast. Upon check out miss Saneka was very rude because once she pulled up the account on her screen she started laughing as if what she read on the screen was some type of joke about me and my guest. We try to contact her over the phone to ask her what was on that screen that she found so funny and made her laugh at us. I can understand the casino being remodel and that I am willing to trade off for a high standard customer service not whatever I experienced as far being hassled for a credit card at check in or the laughter of Saneka at check out time. If I was in in the joke I would of laughed too but apparently it was all on her screen not for me to be part of it. Hopefully someone will see these and take the appropiate actions in order to maintain a high standard of customer service.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

As casino hotels go, this one isn't the best or the worst. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet (I was there on a Monday night so I can't vouch for the weekends). The only real drawback is that the furnishings, and in fact the whole hotel, really needs to be refurbished. The decor is very outdated, the carpet needed replacing ... the whole room just looked "old".

The worst part for me was that the room is seriously unfriendly to business travelers. There are almost no available power plugs except in the bathroom. They do have complimentary WiFi but it was slow. It would be easy enough to install "power stations" as some other hotels have done, and I would strongly recommend they do it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Woodbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We decided to come back to town to visit family a day early and needed a place to stay for the evening. The rooms were clean and looked almost new. The staff was also very accommodating to our puppy. The only thing would be that the halls need a little more work to remodel. Overall a very pleasant stay. We look forward To a return visit in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Taylorville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here from 10/9-10/12. Upon attempting to check in at around 2:00, we were told that check-in is at 3:00, but we could check in early for $10.00. I have never heard of this, but it does make sense to charge a premium for this. The only issue is that when we went to check in at 3:10, we were told the room was not ready yet, and would not be until after 4:00. When we finally got checked in, they told us the wrong room number, so our keys did not work. We had to go back to get this straightened out. Overall a poor check-in experience.

There was a lot of construction going on in the casino area as this property transitions from Harrahs to Hollywood. The hotel room with king size bed was large and comfortable with a loveseat and sitting chair. Our room had a refrigerator located in the cabinet under the TV. The bed was very comfy and housekeeping did a great job. The bathroom was also quite large with an oversized tub. Midway thru the trip, both of our keys were deactivated and had to be replaced.

The casino had all the usual games with 10X odds on craps and a double deck blackjack game for $15 minimum. There are large TVs throughout to watch the big game (Cardinals NLCS game was on almost every TV giving an awesome atmosphere). They have one of the larger poker rooms in St Louis with 2 tournaments each day with buy-ins starting at $60.

While we did not eat on property, there are several options available, and all looked nice.

I would have rated this hotel as very good, but the check-in experience knocked it down to average.

Mt Prospect
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Gambling is dumb and stupid and even moreso when you go to a casino that is under construction. They are changing their look from a Harrahs to a Hollywood and they have been doing it for a while. I'm not sure the new look will help us win or even breaking even but at least when the construction is done there will be more machines on the gaming floor that will hopefully improve our chances. The room was clean and comfortable but tv channel selections were limited to news, sports, and car repair which pretty much guarantees you will be downstairs gambling and eating. Although it is labeled a steakhouse, we ate fish at Kelly English and it was very good. Club Aroma was open for coffee, bakery items and the same food choices of Harrahs but now the sandwiches have clever movie names. The Cool Hand Luke was delicious. There is no way to avoid the scaffolding, construction crews and the noise that comes with remodeling unless you avoid this hotel until it is completed. If youre still willing to gamble that the work will be done by the time you arrive you also need to know that they now charge for early check in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis? Share your experiences!