“Good Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Casino St. Louis

You added Hollywood Casino St. Louis to your Saves list
Hollywood Casino St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 Casino Center Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043 (Formerly Harrah's Hotel and Casino - Maryland Heights)   |
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Missouri
“Good Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

My husband and I played at Harrah's in March. We were planning on attending the NHRA races and luckily received a free stay offer from Harrah's that was good for the weekend.

We were given a room in the Mardi Gras tower. The room was very nice. Marble floors. Nice, big bathroom. Toilet was in a separate room. The bathtub was deep and large. My only complaint was the shower pressure, but other than that, everything in the bathroom was extremely nice.

The beds were comfy. No complaints at all with the beds or bedding.

I am a light sleeper and everything was perfect Friday night. Saturday, I guess there were more guests, the hotel was very noisy. I was hearing a baby cry. I couldn't tell if it was across the hall or next door. There was also lots of door slamming and loud people in the hall. The second night was not very good for sleeping. This is why I rated Harrah's 4 star instead of 5. There is also no pool. We didn't have time to use it anyway, but our son was with us, and he asked.

We did visit the buffet the first morning. It was not very impressive. I expected there to be more selections. We have eaten lunch there, and it was fairly extensive. For myself, my husband and young son it was $26 after $7 coupon. The next morning we ate at Club Aroma. It was good, but pricey as well. I guess typical hotel prices.

We did have dinner at The Range steakhouse. Pricey but EXCELLENT. We highly recommend.

We would stay again, especially if we get another free room offer. My husband said he lost enough in the casino to pay for the room anyway (I guess that is the point, though) ; )

• Liked — Comped Room, Large Bathroom
  • Disliked — No Pool, Saturday Night Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Clayton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

My husband and I stayed there 3 days on our way back North. We enjoyed the comfortable room, the big screen television, the many fabulous restaurants located there and, of course, the casino. Their buffet was by far the best we had, especially the desserts!
The only drawback to staying there is a charge for internet access but we found this to be common at all casino hotels.

• Liked — really comfortable beds, very clean, great restaurants
  • Disliked — Had to pay for internet access
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

This was my first time staying at this hotel, which is attached to a casino. Check in was very fast. There are two different "towers-Island and Mardi Gras" where the rooms are located. When going on the elevators to your room, you have to enter the elevator, and then insert your room key into the key slot, then press the floor button. Once on the floor, there are security cameras in designated places in the hallway.

The room itself was very nice. Heavy, cream colored -four-panel doors, bifold,-louvered white doors for the closet. A large gold dressing mirror attached to the wall. When you enter the room's 'foyer", there are marble floors, which extend into the bathroom.

Bathroom-Exquisite. Marble floors, nice deep tub, which looks like an rectangular jacuzzi tub without the jets. Gold water faucets, and shower. Towel ring attached to the vanity, Kleenex, a lighted round magifying makeup mirror attached to the wall
( Loved this! ), Gold trimmed rectangular mirror that spread across the wall over the vanity. Nice amenities: Soap, lotion (nice scent), shampoo, conditioner, and hairdryer. Very good water flow from the faucet.

Negative: It was a strand hair on the ledge of the bathtub ( another poster said this earlier about their room as well) and on the floor under the vanity.

Closet: Has an in-room combination safe on the shelf, which you need a credit card to use, an iron/ironing board, and luggage rack.

Bed: nice duvet cover, and throw on bed. Bed was high from floor, but I didn't think it was the most comfortable I have slept in. It was a little firm for my tastes.

Room: Has a round table with two arm chairs, and a lamp, ice bucket , 2 glasses (real) on a tray and ice tongs ( which I'd never had in a hotel room before-nice touch) Also, has an alarm clock and granite tops on the nightstand and the dresser, which had a widescreen flat-screen tv on the top of it.

NEGATIVE; Tv has a VERY LIMITED number of channels. 2 are hotel channels, you get CNN, USA, TBN, ESPN, another sports channel, and the local channels only ( 2 4 30(12), 5 , and 11). Was very suprised at the lack of channels, although this is a casino hotel, I guess they expect you to be gambling, not watichg tv in the room. They do, however, have "On Demand" entertainment, for a fee. You can select from a variety of for-a fee- programming: Adult, television shows on demand, music video channel, tv internet ( Keyboard is next to tv), and a few others.

There is a fitness center in the hotel, need your room key to enter. I did not see a business center or an area to print out an airline boarding pass like in most hotels.

POSITIVE; Free parking, always a plus

I had breakfast in the "Eat Up" breakfast buffet. for $11.00. It was just ok at best, and overrated, in my opinion. Food choices included bacon, sausage, cream of wheat, grits, oatmeal, biscuits, gravy, eggs w/cheese & chives on it, pancakes, plain and blueberry, made for you omlets, salad, fruit salad , melons, juice, coffee. I have had better at Hometown Buffet.

There are other restaurants on the property as well: a steak house, an Italian eatery, a Cafe, and the Voodoo Lounge ( Where they tape Harrah's Lucky Break Kareoke Contest ) every Wed. night, to be televised on Saturday nights. It's a lot of fun to watch the performances.

Overall, the hotel is nice ( but very pricey), and I would recommend it to anyone, especially if they play in the casino on a regular basis, and receive a free room as a comp.

• Liked — Elegant Feel of room ( marble floors, makeup mirror in bathroom, flat screen tv), gold faucets, Fridge in room, etc.
  • Disliked — Skimpy Television Channels, Matress too firm (for my taste) Price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Harrahs gave us a comp room for a Thursday & Friday night. We arrived late on Thursday. Check -in was a breeze. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are about average for this type of casino. The only restaurant we tried was Club Aroma. We ate there for breakfast 2 days in a row. It is similar to a Starbucks. The rest of our meals we ate offsite.

We spent most of our time in the casino poker room. We played mostly $3/$6 limit. There was a short wait to get a table. I found both the dealers and players to be friendly. The dealers have a call button for drink service which is very handy. The poker room is non smoking and has maybe 18 tables.

We also played some of the other table games and found the dealers at those tables to be friendly.

I would definitely go back if I can get a good rate on the room.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Fenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

We stayed for a friday night and had a blast! The king suite was beautiful and had an awesome bathroom and tub! We had dinner on property at the Longhorn Steakhouse and it was delicious! Of course we spent a few $ at the casino, but it was expected! Cocktails are very cheap in the casino. I used an offer that Harrahs sends to patons to get a good rate on the hotel. If you need a quick getaway, try this out!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

I have stayed at the Harrah's Hotel and Casino property in suburban St Louis over 40 nights in the last year. The hotel has two separate towers, the "Island" and the "Mardi Gras". The Island contains the "luxury" which in this case means "standard" rooms on the lower eight floors. The top two floors of the "Island" tower has more expensive suites. The lower seven floors of the "Mardi Gras" tower contain "premium" rooms, which are a bit larger and have a few more amenities than the "luxury" rooms. The top two floors of the "Mardis Gras" are also home to more expensive suites.

First, let me in no particular order list what I believe to be the positive aspects of the Harrah's- St Louis Hotel.

Friendly service from the front desk and all service people.
Comfortable Beds
Top notch linens, down pillows and comforters on the beds
Clean, modern rooms
Quiet, effective heating and air conditioning in the rooms
Aesthetically pleasing colors and motifs in the rooms and common areas.
Large, comfortable bathrooms (including large tub/shower) in the Mardi Gras tower.
Ample very hot water from the shower/tubs
Accessible free ramp parking and easily available free valet parking
Good, reasonably priced restaurants.
Easily achieved comps on rooms and food via the casino.

Now for the "needs improvement" category.

Hotel has no swimming pool.
Property is located across the road from a landfill(dump) which tends to send it's stinky air on a regular basis to Harrah's- you don't smell it all the time but when you do.... p..u
Television selection offered in the rooms is scanty at best
Water pressure from room bathroom showers is rather weak
Bathrooms and shower/tubs in "Island" tower are small.

I hope these short lists help in all intrepid travelers.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's for our Valentine's Anniversary. We found that if you booked on Feb 13th, instead of Valentines Day, that the hotel was very affordable! The rooms were spacious, and absolutely immaculate. The bed had fluffy, white blankets and pillows. They provided room service, and had a very nice deep soaking tub. Even though the hotel was connected to the casino, it was very quiet. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. There was plenty to see and do, and also plenty shops and numerous restaurants, offering you anything from Sandwiches to Seafood. We enjoyed our stay, and would definately recommend it!

• Liked — Fun, food,shopping, and Hotel all under one roof....
  • Disliked — No Pool.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis? Share your experiences!