“Another Very Good Spot” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11805 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Another Very Good Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The good: Nice location, airport shuttle(more on that later), very attentive staff.
II was arriving here ahead of my husband, as we were coming from two different locations, so the shuttle from the airport was important. I waited at "18" and after about 29 minutes realized that I needed to call....Virginia, who answered ( and who makes everything happen at this hotel) assured me that the shuttle would be there soon. And it was. The driver was very friendly and she and I chatted all of the way to the hotel. Even though I was quite early for check in I was cared for efficiently and quickly...Our room was clean, and cooled, so what if it was HOT outside!
Breakfast was what you would expect, with items being replaced quickly. I noticed that there were guests coming "down for breakfast" almost right at the stated end time...yet, the staff did not begin putting the buffet away till the late comers were seated.....
Just beyond the "breakfast room" was a very lovely area with several seating areas comprised of chairs, tables, and shaded areas for breakfast "al fresco" we really enjoyed a more natural place to eat.
BTW this hotel does offer smoking rooms...not many but some.....I am grateful for this feature. For non smokers I will say that there is no evidence of the smell of smoke through out the hotel with the exception of the hallway around room 417.
Check out was a breeze and if we pass this way again would definitely stay at this location!

Room Tip: This hotel has smoking rooms. Those I am aware of are on the 4th floor. We had one and it seems that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Potterville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

After checking in, we asked for locations of restaurants or watering holes. There is a location called Westport Plaza with restaurants, bars, and grills. Check in was a breeze. I would highly recommend as it provided the necessary items. Since it was a Friday night and most had a cover charge, because of bands, we decided to head back to the room to relax. We did find a friendly pub at Westport. Please see our review of Bradford Pub in Westport Plaza.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
wales, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Still on our journey through Route 66, we find ourselves staying for 1 night at this charming, spacious and beautifully set hotel/inn.
Check in was easy and the reception staff really welcoming and friendly. Demonstrated a good local knowledge and explained does and donts of stay.
Route 66 is frustrating, because the US roads signs are confusing and numerous. They then disappear and just when you think your at your destination, you have missed the turn off and another opportunity lost.
Back to this hotel though and I would highly recommend it, clean and relaxing it get 10/10 from me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
woodbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pool not open during Memorial Day holiday. Front desk lady was indifferent at BEST to my complaints. Room did not have desk/table. No regular coffee! For the amount charged for this room this is absolutely ridiculous. After complaining to hotel gm no remedy was offered for inconvenience. Amazing.

Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline so I got a good rate but we were slightly disappointed. Many good attributes on the surface but that was damped by how poorly it was managed. The front desk staff was a little invasive into our privacy which instantly made my husband and I uncomfortable. Then we we got to our room, the door was partially open which was weird. Then a housekeeper walked in behind us shouting into her cb radio. She was nice but uncomfortable to all three be just hanging out in our room. The we discovered that the handle to our door was broken and that the room had 2 double beds instead of 1 queen/king. At this point we didn't want to need to deal with anymore staff so we didn't ask to switch. Unfortunately we wished we had as there were 3 young children in the room next door and the walls were paper thin. We returned later that evening to the hotel and the parking lot was only half full. Why did they switch our room AND put us beside a room with 3 kids?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mason, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel over a month earlier for a king suite. Got there and the front desk clerk sent me to a room which was not what I had reserved. When i said something about it I was told the hotel was sold out and he switched the room but didn't tell me, I guess he thought I was too stupid to know the difference. So much for guarantees. Not only was the room not what I ordered but the bathtub was dirty, moldy and the bathroom door had a hole in it where someone had tried to kick it in. All in all this lQ needs some simple maintenance and it might be okay. My wife and I have done a lot of traveling this year and it seems that the LQ chain is in need of maintenance at most of their properties. What's worse is that LQ doesn't seem to care. I have complained to them and no result.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Unless of course you have a pet you want to please.
Fredericksburg, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay when visiting St. Louis, on the MO side. The rooms are larger then most, comfy beds too! The breakfast is a buffet so has the extras of eggs/waffles etc., not the standard rolls/juice you find at many hotels while traveling. Plus they are pet-friendly and will take large dogs which was a real plus! The price was very good. When I called the hotel, the price was the same as when I did a search on-line. They take AAA too so all in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!