“Clean, quiet, comfortable value and WONDERFUL staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11805 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
A TripAdvisor Member
“Clean, quiet, comfortable value and WONDERFUL staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

After a 12+ hour drive, I arrived after midnight. I dare say the lady at the desk must be the friendliest woman in St. Louis! Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and the bed was comfortable -- what more could you ask for?
Breakfast at 6am offered hot waffles, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, etc. Check-out at 7am was a simple 30-second procedure and I was off to my business meeting ready to "knock 'em dead" just like the commercials.

A very pleasant stay. I will certainly return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We chose La Quinta because our dog can stay at the hotel with us for no additional charges (hotels that DO accept dogs add a $50 non-refundable charge to your room rate). When we checked in the hotel's computers had just come up from being down for a while. We opened the door to our room only to discover that there was someone already staying there - open luggage and shoes on the floor (luckily they were not in the room). We went BACK to the Front Desk and they said they discovered after we left that the room was not vacant so they gave us keys to another room. This room was not occupied but it also wasn't clean - food in the fridge, used cup by the sink, soap was unwrapped. We called the Front Desk and they sent Jo Ann, the head of Housekeeping. She called her staff who told her the room was cleaned for someone still staying there as the guest was not scheduled to check out - they left early. Jo Ann knew about our problem with the first room too so she took it upon herself to upgrade us to a Suite and offered to take our bags to the new room. The Suite was very nice and (even better) right by the back door which made it easier to walk the dog. She left and returned with a new shower curtain (it had that new curtain smell - yay). Jo Ann was a standout and kudos to La Quinta for empowering their employees to improve our stay. Without Jo Ann I don't think I would have EVER stayed at La Quinta again - this was our first stay and I was so pleased I joined their Frequent Guest plan as I intend to stay there whenever I visit my family in St. Louis - dog or no dog!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room on the first floor near the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel while driving across the country and got not one minute of sleep. At 11pm after several hours of listening to the tv in the next room blaring, I called the front desk to ask them to do something. I could hear the phone ring in there, and no one picked up. They called a couple more times over the next hour with the same result. After midnight, when I called the desk again, she said that she had spoken to them twice. This was a BLATANT LIE!! Finally at 3:30 the occupants returned and proceeded to yell until 5:30 am at which point I had to get up and leave. The staff refused to turn off the tv even though there was no one in the room and would not deal with them once they returned and were yelling.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed for only one night and we were just looking for a place to sleep/shower. The beds were clean with new linens & pillows. Good sized room with a small coffee pot and work table/desk. The problems seem to be with housekeeping. There was a pile of potato chips behind the nightstand, noticed when we looked for an outlet to charge our phone. The bathroom counter and floor were clean.....but the bathtub was dirty/stained, makeup splashed across the wall above the commode and on the hairdryer, coffee or soda? drips and splashes on the front of the vanity and wall around the wastecan and the mirrors were streaked as if wiped with a greasy cloth. Every door on our floor is dented in the center - at the same height as the housekeeping carts. A bumper (chair rail type) on each door would look better than dents....or teach the housekeepers not to push open doors with carts?

Breakfast was the usual fruit, cereal, breads, juice, yogurt, coffee. The trash was full and some items were empty. The desk clerk/manager came out and directed the young man who was staffing the area on what needed to be done - she also pitched in and emptied the trash, refilled some items. Maybe it was his first day - but the job is not rocket science.

We travel a lot and this was not our 'usual' place to stay in this area. Thought we would save a few $$ and got what we paid for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although I didn't spend much time in the hotel, the room was clean and comfortable. The addition of the microwave and fridge in the room was handy and saved me some money on meals. I was very satisfied with the room and service as well as the price and will definitely be staying here for my next business trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I spent four days there for a business trip to St Louis. When checking in at night, the front desk receptionist was friendly. I had a room at the fourth floor but when entering the room I found the AC/heat not working and the room smelt stale. So I tried to turn on the fan to get some fresh air into the room; but it appeared not operational. I called the front desk and the answer was the AC was not set up. I never heard of that before as I usually just turned on the air/heat/fan and it happened. So I waited for like a few minutes for the machine to kick in and it did, but just for a couple of minutes then it stopped. I went downstairs and chatted w/ the front desk about this, and they adjusted the temperature in my room so the AC will run more again. And this time once again it kicked in for a couple of minutes and it stopped. I was very tired arriving late and decided to just go to bed; I found the AC came on and off during the night and eventually it reached the temperature I wanted.

I have to say their room air unit is really weird as I have stayed in many hotels before, this is the first time this happened to me.

Like the rest of this establishment, this hotel needs some update to stay competitive. My room carpet is kind of greenish color. Everything is functional in the room but I can only find one electric outlet I can use for my laptop. Luckily I bought a small three-outet surge protector. Although the room looks clean it is not appealing as everything also looks old-style. Note that not all La Quinta Inns are like this one, the one I stayed in Durham NC was really great in every aspect and I would skip the Marriott/Hilton room price and stay there anytime.

I did use the breakfast every morning. Like other La Quinta Inn, this one has warm waffle, hard-boiled eggs, some banana, yogart, bagel, bread/toast, juice, etc. Again nothng special but if you are on budget travel, their breakfast would surely help. I did not use the hotel shuttle to and from the airport, but it is available.

Room Tip: If you like modern decor, you will not find it in this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!