“Great stay and a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

Expedia.com Orbitz.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11805 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great stay and a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Although I didn't spend much time in the hotel, the room was clean and comfortable. The addition of the microwave and fridge in the room was handy and saved me some money on meals. I was very satisfied with the room and service as well as the price and will definitely be staying here for my next business trip to St. Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I spent four days there for a business trip to St Louis. When checking in at night, the front desk receptionist was friendly. I had a room at the fourth floor but when entering the room I found the AC/heat not working and the room smelt stale. So I tried to turn on the fan to get some fresh air into the room; but it appeared not operational. I called the front desk and the answer was the AC was not set up. I never heard of that before as I usually just turned on the air/heat/fan and it happened. So I waited for like a few minutes for the machine to kick in and it did, but just for a couple of minutes then it stopped. I went downstairs and chatted w/ the front desk about this, and they adjusted the temperature in my room so the AC will run more again. And this time once again it kicked in for a couple of minutes and it stopped. I was very tired arriving late and decided to just go to bed; I found the AC came on and off during the night and eventually it reached the temperature I wanted.

I have to say their room air unit is really weird as I have stayed in many hotels before, this is the first time this happened to me.

Like the rest of this establishment, this hotel needs some update to stay competitive. My room carpet is kind of greenish color. Everything is functional in the room but I can only find one electric outlet I can use for my laptop. Luckily I bought a small three-outet surge protector. Although the room looks clean it is not appealing as everything also looks old-style. Note that not all La Quinta Inns are like this one, the one I stayed in Durham NC was really great in every aspect and I would skip the Marriott/Hilton room price and stay there anytime.

I did use the breakfast every morning. Like other La Quinta Inn, this one has warm waffle, hard-boiled eggs, some banana, yogart, bagel, bread/toast, juice, etc. Again nothng special but if you are on budget travel, their breakfast would surely help. I did not use the hotel shuttle to and from the airport, but it is available.

Room Tip: If you like modern decor, you will not find it in this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for a non-business stay. Right off the bat at check in, we were told our reservation was for a smoking room. Luckily the staff member was able to change that. The property was going through some upgrades including the front entrance so we had to come in through the side entrance...not a big deal. The lobby was well lit and very airy. The dining area was in this same open area and there was a small water fountain there. A huge LCD TV was hung on the wall BUT the water fountain was so loud you couldn't hear it unless you were sitting in the closest rows. Breakfast options were standard: cereal, DIY oatmeal, DIY waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Kudos that the juice machine actually worked AND dispensed juice in the right proportions (for all you travelers, you know what I'm talking about). The coffee was actually hidden from view and dispensed from a spicket on the wall with the coffee urn in the kitchen area. Someone else commented how odd that was but hey, they kept it full and hot.
Proceeding to our room on the first floor, I thought it odd that there were numerous "Caution- Wet" signs were displayed on the carpet. Made me think there were leaks but I didn't see any or smell any mustiness...just thought it was odd to see that in more than 1 place. Computer center was nice and located off the front desk...a printer was also there. The room was clean and everything worked. An LCD TV (about 27") was in the room and had a good picture although some channels didn't work. There was a small desk to work off of and a multi-plug surge suppressor was great to see HOWEVER you should note that when you turn off the lights to go to bed, it kills the power to that power jack...so I woke up the next morning to find my cell phone and tablet never charged. INTERNET SPEEDS via wi-fi in the room barely got to 1MB/sec. It's free internet so I'm not going to complain but the speeds "ain't all that". The bed was not as comfortable as I thought and the comforter not as plush. The pillows were different sizes, I think, or they just were of different ages b/c some compressed more than others. It felt like I was staying in the guest room of a dorm house. The AC/heating system is one of those units located under the main window (not central) and it kicked on and off throughout the night. Not a big deal for me but I know that drives some people crazy. Bathroom was clean, towels were plenty, and water (including hot) worked fine. The toilet is the kind that flushes with a lot of pressure so that freaked my youngest son at first use...and it's loud enough to wake you up too...but at least it flushed. There was a coffee maker in the room but we didn't use it. Staff was overall nice so no complaints there. We'd stay there again esp. for that price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient. When we asked for directions to a restaurant, they provided a map and pointed out additional landmarks to help us find it. Breakfast was better than most, with fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, boiled eggs, and juice that really tasted like juice. No fridge or microwave in our room, but we didn't need one. A computer and printer were available near the lobby, along with free Wi-fi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here last night because my company put me there. We normally stay at the Renaissance at the airport (which is gorgeous) but there was a convention and it was full. The hallways and my room REEKED of cigarette smoke and the room (especially the bathroom) was filthy, as you can see from my photos. Plus the lamps above the bed didn't work.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was great for the family and the rooms are very comfortable, it's worth the money
The location was also great and next door to a store which was well lighted and I felt comfortable walking to it even at night

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!