“Good and Getting Better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11805 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
KC
“Good and Getting Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here for a non-business stay. Right off the bat at check in, we were told our reservation was for a smoking room. Luckily the staff member was able to change that. The property was going through some upgrades including the front entrance so we had to come in through the side entrance...not a big deal. The lobby was well lit and very airy. The dining area was in this same open area and there was a small water fountain there. A huge LCD TV was hung on the wall BUT the water fountain was so loud you couldn't hear it unless you were sitting in the closest rows. Breakfast options were standard: cereal, DIY oatmeal, DIY waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Kudos that the juice machine actually worked AND dispensed juice in the right proportions (for all you travelers, you know what I'm talking about). The coffee was actually hidden from view and dispensed from a spicket on the wall with the coffee urn in the kitchen area. Someone else commented how odd that was but hey, they kept it full and hot.
Proceeding to our room on the first floor, I thought it odd that there were numerous "Caution- Wet" signs were displayed on the carpet. Made me think there were leaks but I didn't see any or smell any mustiness...just thought it was odd to see that in more than 1 place. Computer center was nice and located off the front desk...a printer was also there. The room was clean and everything worked. An LCD TV (about 27") was in the room and had a good picture although some channels didn't work. There was a small desk to work off of and a multi-plug surge suppressor was great to see HOWEVER you should note that when you turn off the lights to go to bed, it kills the power to that power jack...so I woke up the next morning to find my cell phone and tablet never charged. INTERNET SPEEDS via wi-fi in the room barely got to 1MB/sec. It's free internet so I'm not going to complain but the speeds "ain't all that". The bed was not as comfortable as I thought and the comforter not as plush. The pillows were different sizes, I think, or they just were of different ages b/c some compressed more than others. It felt like I was staying in the guest room of a dorm house. The AC/heating system is one of those units located under the main window (not central) and it kicked on and off throughout the night. Not a big deal for me but I know that drives some people crazy. Bathroom was clean, towels were plenty, and water (including hot) worked fine. The toilet is the kind that flushes with a lot of pressure so that freaked my youngest son at first use...and it's loud enough to wake you up too...but at least it flushed. There was a coffee maker in the room but we didn't use it. Staff was overall nice so no complaints there. We'd stay there again esp. for that price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient. When we asked for directions to a restaurant, they provided a map and pointed out additional landmarks to help us find it. Breakfast was better than most, with fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, boiled eggs, and juice that really tasted like juice. No fridge or microwave in our room, but we didn't need one. A computer and printer were available near the lobby, along with free Wi-fi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here last night because my company put me there. We normally stay at the Renaissance at the airport (which is gorgeous) but there was a convention and it was full. The hallways and my room REEKED of cigarette smoke and the room (especially the bathroom) was filthy, as you can see from my photos. Plus the lamps above the bed didn't work.

• Stayed November 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was great for the family and the rooms are very comfortable, it's worth the money
The location was also great and next door to a store which was well lighted and I felt comfortable walking to it even at night

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Clean with smoking rooms that don't smell like a bar affordable. Has microwave and fridge.close to all the places we wanted to visit . All doors except lobby were locked at alltimes.free breakfast tv with DVD/Xbox hook up

• Stayed November 2012
Havertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this La Quinta in June 2012 and again in October 2012 and my first stay was better than my second. This had been the first time I had ever stayed at a La Quinta, and I thought it was very nice. The room was spacious and the decor inside and out was nice. I liked that they had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. I was apprehensive about staying there since it was a lot less expensive than other hotel chains. But I was pleasantly surprised. This was my feelings on my first visit. My second visit, I was a bit disappointed that the area around the bathtub had mold, and the surface of the bathtub was not clean looking. I thought maybe the mold was a rust stain, which can't be helped really, but when I saw that it could be scrapped off with my fingernail I became disappointed (not to mention a little grossed out). The bathtub surface was probably clean (but stained) at least I hope.... but do think it could/should be resurfaced in any event. They were doing construction on the exterior which was sort of a drag because the window was covered with plastic so I couldn't see out and of course the people working on the exterior of the hotel couldn't see in... which is good, but it's unfortunate that construction was going on at the time I was there. It was rather noisy. I don't know if the hotel was full, but I do wonder if it wasn't, why I wasn't put into a room that may not be affected by the noise so much. It wasn't all that big a deal since the construction didn't start unitl 9am, but if I had been trying to relax or sleep I would not have been happy. I would stay at this La Quinta again, because even though the bathtub situation was not good, I wasn't really in the hotel or room long enough to be completely annoyed by this. The next time I stay, I would mention it to the staff there. Then again, I may stay somewhere else...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!