“Try to avoid this property if you can.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Westport

You added Comfort Inn Westport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Westport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12031 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Maryland Heights
kansas city
“Try to avoid this property if you can.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Had to use this hotel for a softball tournament. It was pretty bad. Bathroom door stuck as well as the door to the room. And this was in all the rooms so you heard a lot of door slamming all night long. Musty smell as you enter room. One easily accessible outlet in room. None around desk. Just overall dirty and old throughout the property. Weak effort to keep the property up. Avoid if you can. Need to implode and start over.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and I was blown away by the service of the staff. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was also very pleasant as I walked through halls during the morning time.
I was surely pleased with the overall hotel itself. The location was great and there are a lot of places to eat in the immediate area. If you are staying in the STL area, this is a nice place to go. The front desk staff, from the Supervisor Kim, the Front desk Agents Laytasha, Wilmer, Rick and their front office manager Shenoa.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms were nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Check-in in about 4:30 with a reservation made from the Collinsville hotel as that hotel was full. It's a good thing we made that reservation as they were sold out when we got there. The staff was very friendly at check-in. Everyone had their Cardinals shirts on. The lobby had people in the breakfast area playing cards and several people in the main lobby talking and appeared to be having a good time. Check-in w.as easy, the room was clean. The only issue was the stopper in the bathroom sink was not connected to the lever so it was always closed. No big deal. We just took it out. We were near the end of the hallway which is rather long. That made it a quiet stay. This hotel has 4 stories and parking can be tricky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Westport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. We do love our Cardinals win or loose!
I'm so happy that you had such a great stay. Please come back and see us soon.

Chris Huber
Harrah, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn Westport off the 270 St. Louis loop several times and always had a wonderful experience.

However, I just stayed there for two nights and I'm so sorry to report the hotel seems to have really been neglected in the past two years, since my last stay there.

Four of us reserved to share one room while attending a wedding. We asked for an extra bed on the reservations. I also requested a room with a small refrigerator and microwave, if possible. I was told at check in that I would have to 'upgrade' to a 'business traveler rate' (more money) to have the refrigerator and microwave. My reservations were made well in advance. Upon arrival I was told the roll-away bed would be $10 extra per night. I am accustomed, through ChoicePrivileges, of knowing my exact cost in advance when I receive the confirmation email after reserving. But okay, we paid the extra money for the extra bed. Arriving in the room, it did not seem clean. When we opened the roll-away bed later that night, it had dirty sheets and a former guest's shirt had been left in the folded up bed. I called the desk and they immediately sent up another bed. Then, while searching for an outlet to plug in the laptop, (shortage of electrical outlets in the room), we pulled out the bureau to find piles of cigarette butts and other trash behind it. In addition, it appeared someone had been 'sick' behind the piece of furniture.

Positive side .. the check in staff were very all very friendly and tried to right the wrongs. While the website says there is a restaurant, it is not open. In fact, it's undergoing total renovations.

I will not return to this hotel and I'm sorry to feel this way as I've enjoyed staying there in the past. I like the convenience of the highway and the ability to get downtown - without having to pay the huge price (and extra parking costs) of a downtown hotel near the Arch.

I hope the hotel gets some competent cleaning staff very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Joann,
First of all, please accept my deepest apogees for your most disappointing stay.
We strive to make every guest stay a positive and enjoyable experience.
I’m so sorry that we failed you.
I have passed on your comments to our executive housekeeper for review.
Presently she is working with her Inspectors and Houseman for additional
training in these issues.
I have also shared your comments with our staff during our morning get together.
Again, my apologies for your disappointing stay.

Chris Huber
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was there on business and it was a comfortable stay, friendly staff, great breakfast selection, slept well and the Manager's Reception on Wednesday was wonderful with complimentary wine, beer, and appetizers.

Room Tip: Would stay here again.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Best hotel for the entire stay (nice, since my husband and I spent 5 nights here). The room was clean, the recliner was LARGE and COMFY, the bed was comfortable, the breakfasts were superb (including the choice and variety). We picked a winner!

Room Tip: The location of the toilet made navigating the bathroom a bit difficult (especially getting in and o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel is nice "for the price" place to stay. I especially like that they have "free" shuttle service to local restaurants (within 2 miles) and back and forth to the St.Louis Airport. Though it is not a 5 or even 4 star hotel the staff is always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you like to leave your curtain open, then you do not want a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#8 of 15 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - St. Louis/Westport
#10 of 15 in Maryland Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 444 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#6 of 15 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 193 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#4 of 15 in Maryland Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 571 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55

Been to Comfort Inn Westport? Share your experiences!