“Everything great but the service upgrade” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Louis, United States
“Everything great but the service upgrade”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

When I got my confirmation email , there was an option for an upgrade on line. I called and was told it MUST be done on line . I went on line and requested the upgrade but was told I would not find out if I got it until I was checking in . Was also told that if there wasn't one I wouldn't be charged for it. We get to the hotel , check in , I asked the man at the desk about it and was told there were none available due to the hotel being fully booked. No big deal except when I went to check out two mornings later I had a charge both nights for an upgrade. When I spoke with the manager on duty I was told I was given an upgrade . I tried to explain to her that I was told at check in I wasn't given one but she said that was a mistake , I did get the upgrade so there was nothing she could do . Funnier still I wasn't even on the highest floor or that impressive of a room (it was nice but not over the top). I wouldn't have minded paying the charge had I felt like I was given the upgrade. It just all seemed a little shady .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Tina T:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this review. I am sorry for the mistake on your room. I asked Ann McCloskey to refund you the amount for the upgrade and she did on Monday. By now, you should be able to see it on your credit card. Thank you for the feedback. I hope you do stay with us again.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mendota Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

All things being equal (price) - if there is EVER a time in the future when I have to pick one of several Hotels - I'M PICKING YOU GUYS. ...FREE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES TRUMPS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! Every Time!! Not to mention the bottled water in the fridge. First time I've experience EITHER of these........!!!! DON'T STOP DOING THEM!!!!!!!! (However - you do need to instruct your staff to sound on-the-ball and CHEERFUL on the phone at ALL hours of the day/night - even at 11:00 PM or Midnight...) Thanks! David

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear David F:

Thank you for staying with us and for composing this great review. Who does not like the DoubleTree chocolate chip cookies? I am so glad that you are picking us, and hope that you continue to do so. Thank you for all the feedback.

Cary, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. The overall experience was positive. The restaurant is not especially exciting. The staff was very helpful. The gym is adequate if you need basic cardio equipment and light weights. The shuttle service was very helpful as they provided airport pickup and took me to my office location which was about 5 miles away.

Dear Larry J:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. I am happy you had a positive experience at our DoubleTree. I saw in your other review you wondered why the restaurant was so empty. The reason is that the majority of our guests eat in the lobby bar at night. There is a little more atmosphere and several televisions broadcasting sports. We also serve the exact same menu in the bar as we do the restaurant. We often serve 140 to 200 guests breakfast in the restaurant and we are busy for lunch as well, but most of our guests do prefer the atmostphere of the lobby bar for dinner. Thank you for recognizing the shuttle service. Please come back to see us soon.

wichita, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was a little below standards due to several large stains in the carpet, the bathroom sink had a large crack in it. Typically something I would not have expected from the Doubletree.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Katherine P:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for composing this review. I just went up to Room 311, and it was exactly as you had described it. I took the room out of order. The vanity bowl will be replaced today or tomorrow, and the room will be out of order until it is cleaned by our carpet cleaning company, this weekend. Thank you for recognizing the staff and thank you for the feedback.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is fine - the front desk staff I found to be very helpful, and one in my party much appreciated the coffee in the lobby. There are refrigerators in the rooms, and although our room was close to the elevator and the hotel was full of high school sports teams our room was very quiet. It's an easy trip downtown from this hotel - we only stayed there because there was nothing affordable closer, but it was fine and parking is free.

I can't recommend the exercise facilities - the workout room is tiny, tiny (though they do provide bottles of water and towels, which is nice). The pool is overly chlorinated and murky. Hopefully we just hit it on a bad day. It's weird that the bathroom doesn't have an exhaust fan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Conwegian:

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this review. We all appreciate your business. There is an exhaust fan in every room. There is a vent that is about 90% of the way up towards the ceiling. Almost all of the vents are on the wall that sits behind the toilet but very close to the wall that the bathroom mirror is hung on. A good way to check to see if the vent is pulling air, is to take one of your facial tissues and place it by the vent. If the tissue lies flat on the vent, sucked in by the exhaust, the fan is working. My apologies for the murkiness of the water. We did have a high volume of sports teams using the pool last weekend. I hope you will have a great weekend and please come back to see us.

São Caetano do Sul, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Excellent hotel. It is in a good location, close to Westport Plaza. The services provided are good, the room is quiet and very clean and the wifi internet access works well. The breakfast is also great! I do recommend it and would consider staying there again!

Dear Daniel C:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the WiFi, breakfast and the location. Come back again soon.

Birmingham, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was saddened by the combination debit/credit card handling at check-in and extra $ charged for cash. Never had this at any other hotel/motel chain across the country. No exhaust fan in the bathroom and no microwave. Maid service didn't show till 4 PM.

Dear Walter H:

Thank you for staying with us. I know you you did not like the fact that our system takes and authorization on both credit cards and debit cards. This is fairly standard in most hotels. If a guest does not want to use a credit card we do accept cash but we ask for a small deposit that is refundable upon checkout. You chose to pay with cash. Your deposit was $20.00 and it was refunded to you upon checkout.

We don't have microwaves in the rooms unless you request one. Most Extended Stay hotels, from budget motels to higher rated hotels, do have microwaves in the rooms. The majority of full service hotels that have restaurants and bars do not have microwaves in the guestrooms. Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you have a great weekend.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!