“Double Tree Westport- St.Louis, MO” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
St Louis, United States
“Double Tree Westport- St.Louis, MO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel is very accommodating with a friendly staff that is at your beck and call. Staff in the bar area is very familiar with recurring guests. Often times learning and remembering names and drink, food preferences. Overall a very good hotel experience

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear William L:

Thank you choosing our DoubleTree by Hilton. I appreciate the description of "Accommodating & Friendly" regarding our staff. I hope that you keep coming back to our hotel.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Hotel was very clean with very friendly staff. It was the perfect stay for our team and would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling down to the St. Louis area and playing at either Scott Gallagher Soccer Fields or Lou Fusz soccer fields.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Chris B:

Thank you for staying with and for writing this glowing review of our hotel. Please come back to see us again soon.

St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The hotel was nice, and the staff were fine; however, our experience was not good. They couldn't find our reservations when we were checking in & we had to produce our confirmation (thankfully we had printed it out). They did finally find it in their system. We were exhausted & really needed a good night's sleep. There was a bachelorette party going on in two adjoining rooms across the hall. They partied & were extremely loud all night long. I don't think anyone from management visited their room at all. Other people stepped out into hallway to yell at them, but that's all that was done. We thought we would sleep in since we didn't get any sleep that night. Wrong. They put us righ next to a room where they let a group in to have church. Much noise with people singing, music, talking, children crying & running up & down the halls. Absolutely ridiculous! They didn't bother telling us that they were putting us there - we would have asked for another room. Terrible experience!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michael W:

I would have been "Weary" if I was you that night, and I would have been frustrated, if I have had just one of those disturbances during my one night stay. This is not a typical stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am very sorry for your crazy experience and I hope you do give us another chance to serve you. The entire management and supervisory staff at our hotel will read your review and hear about your experience. We do hope to see you again.

Mattoon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed over Valentines weekend for a marriage retreat. Every time I stay I am very pleased. Great staff, so very kind and willing to help in any way that they can. The hotel was very clean. The only problem that we seem to have is the elevator keeps getting stuck but they have you out rather quickly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Amye R:

I am glad that your organization chose our DoubleTree by Hilton for your Marriage Retreat. We are so pleased that you thought the staff was kind and the hotel clean. I hope you keep coming back.

Des Moines, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

After booking my room online over two weeks before my stay, I arrived and was notified that I wasn't allowed to check in. Apparently this hotel's policy is to let people make reservations and pay for their hotel, but reject them service if they are not 21 years old (I'm 20). They told me that this was their policy and that the website didn't ask me for my age, as if it was somehow my fault. They left my in the cold on a weekend where all hotels were booked because of a Mardi Gras celebration. Luckily for me, my friend who I stayed with was over 21, but I had to wait three hours because we drove separately - I left early so I could arrive first to ensure that he wouldn't have to wait for me to check in. I can't say that they are always rude and discourteous, but they were to me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Daniel H:

Thank you for taking the time compose this review. I do agree that people under 21, should be careful, and should be informed. We do have a policy that there should be a person of at least 21 years of age in the hotel room, and registering. It is much like, rental car agencies' policy of not renting to a driver under 25 years of age. It is posted on our website. Thank you for the feedback. I hope you had an enjoyable and safe experience at Mardi Gras.

Hannibal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel and staff were great! The food was excellent. Had to stay a week for a business trip and never felt tired or restless. Everything I needed was at the hotel or could be reached within a few minutes. Very close to Westport for good dining.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Jeff F:

Thank you for composing this flattering review of our DoubleTree by Hilton. The staff will enjoy hearing what you wrote about them. I want to especially thank you for pointing out how close we are to a number of restaurants, just north and just south of the hotel. Since you can't see the restaurants outside every window, people don't realize that they only sit a half mile away from our hotel. Not only are there the 18 restaurants and bars at Westport Plaza, but there are as many options a mile and a half south on Olive Blvd. Thank you for making the trip up from Hannibal and hurry back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent two nights at the DoubleTree Westport. Let me just start off by saying I was only in town for a two day business meeting and did not have a car. I found the hotels transportation to and from the airport convenient and without much waiting. The hotel food was good at the bar and in the morning for breakfast. The room was clean and quite with a comfortable bed.
If I had a complaint it would be the lack of anything waking distance during winter when I visited. Westport was some ways away and I did not make it over due to schedule and inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear JoeyMichalec:

Thank you for staying with us. Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and liked everything. If you don't have a car it should be no problem. We do drive within five miles of the hotel. We also can go to Westport every half hour. Westport Plaza has almost twenty restaurants and bars. Please come back to see us and take advantage of our van transportation to Westport Plaza.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!