“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Carthage, Missouri
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights. Yongae was amazing. She was so nice, she gave us advice on where to go shopping and what to do in town. She gave our girls some treats each day as we were leaving breakfast. Best waitress we have ever had!
Rooms were clean and hotel was easy to find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Erica H:

Thank you for staying with us. Sooner or later, almost everyone that stays with us comes to the realization that Yongae is "Amazing". She makes everyone feel special. Thank you for staying with us. Please come back soon.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a great week there. Thoroughly impressed with the food! , the workout area and the staff!
Like to name a few staff that were great stewards of this fine hotel: Barb, Lamarck, Jacqueline, Richard and Ginger!
They made my stay very comfortable and I would visit again for sure.Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Joseph H:

Thank you for this review. My staff and I are very pleased that you had a great week at our DoubleTree by Hilton and we are counting on you visiting us again, so please do. I will copy this review and email to all of our associates that have our company email, and I will post for those that do not. I will also make sure that the five team members you recognized are also recognized by this DoubleTree and by LHM, our ownership. Your efforts to recognized those hard working individuals is appreciated. I Hope to see you soon.

New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I travel on a regular basis and this hotel has a really great staff. I've stayed here several times and they've always been more than helpful. One person in particular stands out. Yongae!!! She works in the resturant and is amazing. She not only recognizes me each time I visit, but she remembers my name and my order and I see her do it with others too. That's pretty great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Josh G:

Thank you for staying with us.Thank you for telling us and everyone that reads this review about Yong Ae. She really is amazing. You have to see and experience Yong Ae, first hand. It is incredible how many people love her. There are not many people that can serve as many people as she does, serving them exceptionally well, and almost no one can remember all the names and orders that she does. Somehow she does it all. It is hard to explain how well she serves people and makes them feel special. I am glad you took the time to recognize Yong Ae. Come back soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was also one of the lucky folks "stranded" at the DoubleTree - Westport last week. My group of 3 co-workers had been shuttled from another property to the DoubleTree due to over booking, and the associates at the DT made it a pleasure to be stranded for an extra day! A special thank you to Daniel Goszewski and his team in the Food & Beverage department - not unexpectedly they were short a few servers in the restaurant due to the extreme weather, but the entire room service menu was available, so my friends and I dined like queens in the comfort of our rooms. Daniel and his team made sure we had everything we needed, and he even comped us couple of items when he noted they were out of a particular thing we wanted. I had breakfast delivered the next morning by Amanda, and she was super nice and friendly, and my meal was fantastic. I'm thinking about just moving in permanently. Great service, great attention to detail, and even more importantly, I never once felt "stranded" or like I was in the middle of a blizzard (which for a Texas girl, I totally was). I'll be going back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear rondavanmeter:

Thank you for being our guest and for writing this review in Trip Advisor. I really love your sentence, "a pleasure to be stranded at the DoubleTree". Daniel Goszewski was great last week. He had a long week and an even longer Thursday. He and his team did a wonderful job. Today, I met with Daniel to review 2012, and I remarked that the pieces of his staff were interchangeable. Most of our employees did make it in, but we had a few that could not. We did generate about three times greater revenue on Thursday than what was anticipated or forecasted. That was the biggest challenge. Usually about 60 to 70% of the guests eat out before returning to the hotel, or simply go out after returning from their work. Very few people wanted to brave the scarey streets and we also picked up about 90 additional guest rooms Thursday night. It was a crazy night, but every single employee had fun and we all made it home alive. Thank you for recognizing Dan Goszewski and Amanda. Amanda did serve you room service Friday morning. I don't know if you know that she went out of way to drive a long way in to work Thursday night, a shift she was not scheduled for, and also worked room service that night. She put together and delivered over forty room service tray/orders that night. Amanda has blossomed in to a wonderful team member. "Move in Permanently", sounds like a great idea, we'll keep the light on. Sorry, I meant, we will keep the DoubleTree Chocolate Chip cookiees with walnuts. warm for you. Thank you and come back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed here probably a half dozen times now, and while we have tried other hotels we return to this one because you can beat the service, location and overall value. World's most comfy beds, quiet, free parking, great location for this city, warm Doubletree cookies, beautiful lobby, really nice indoor pool and hot tub. I really don't know what else I could ask for.

The restaurant has good food and the breakfast buffet is yummy. Our waitress there is always fantastic (really wish I could remember her name but we always have her and she always makes my kids smile).

The lobby and bar area are a really beautiful and comfortable spot to meet up with friends.

You can find good values for this hotel, if you search. I recommend for the overall service and value-- and it is a great choice for anyone with kids, because of the pool area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bears Fans:

Your review of our DoubleTree was wonderful, thank you, and Mike Ditka was the greatest coach ever, and terrific football player. I am glad that you keep staying with us. Thank you for recognizing the pool and hot tub. The waitress you are speaking of, must be Yong Ae, she is unbelievable when it comes to recognizing people and remembering their names. If she serves you twice, you are in her memory banks. I think Yong Ae makes everyone smile, young and old, and everyone in between. Service and Value, and a "Caring" Attitude is what we all strive for at our DoubleTree by Hilton. Thank you for your kind review. Please keep coming back to us.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

What a wonderful experience from the team at the Double Tree by Hilton St. Louis - Westport. I was one of the many stranded guests who were so very lucky to be stranded at this wonderful property. The entire team was outstanding handling the massive influx of unexpected travellers to converge what seemed all at once. Being there for a training session my stay was extended two extra nights due to flight cancellations, this team did not miss a beat..... from the font desk staff to the Food and Beverage Manager they all pitched in with excitment and enthusiasm. You actually didn't even feel you were stuck, they made you feel at home and gave you such a welcoming and comfortable feeling. The General Manager, Dan Gough has led his team right, that's for sure.....when I spoke with him he was warming their famous chocolate chip cookies behind the front desk to ensure everyone had the opporutnity to taste these addicting but wonderful treats. Dan Goszewski the F&B manager I think worked for three days straight (it seemed) keeping his team up and pitching in wherever needed. Kudos to a couple of fantastic servers on the night the lounge was at capacity with stranded travellers, not all overly happy to be there. Alex Wolf and Eilleen Messina, you both ROCKED! All in all I can't really say enough about this property, the team and my experience. When in St. Louis I highly recommend this property, they have shuttles to and from the airport as well as park and stay packages. Check them out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Stepmonstersu...:

I am glad that your company chose our hotel for their conference last week. We knew that storm was coming, but no one had any idea the roads would be quite as bad as they were. I am glad that so many of our employees made it in, and several came in to help that were not scheduled. Everyone of us working had a great time. It really was fun. I am not sure we would want to do that every single night of the year, but we really did enjoy it. You were kind to recognize Alex, Eileen, and Dan Goszewski. I really do appreciate the endorsement. It means a lot. Hard work usually pays off and compliments such as yours make everything so much sweeter. I hope you do come back to see us soon. You are very kind.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After my flight had been cancelled do to Winter Storm Q,I was lucky enough to get a room at the Doubletree by Hilton. I am a mother of a Senior in High School that was going to miss her Son's Senior night recognition ceremony because of flight cancellation. Upon checking in I inquired about the hotel possibly having an iPad or iPhone that I could use to Facetime with my Son during the presentation. Alex Wolf immediately offered her phone for me to use so I would not miss the ceremony. I had cried off and on all day but Alex Wolf's act of extreme kindness made it possible for me to be apart of my son's Senior Night so I will always be eternally grateful for her extreme hospitality and generousity. With Superior Associates like Alex Wolf staying at the Doubletree will always be my 1st choice. Alex Wolf deserves the highest recognition and raise available from Hilton for being truely amazing with her care and kindness for a customer she did not know. She trusted me with her personal property so I could participate in my Son's special night.
Words can not express how thankful I am. Thank You Alex!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

I was sorry to hear about your flight and the travel arrangements of so many other people that were forced to stay in St. Louis last night. I am glad that you were able to stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that Alex, aka "Air Wolf", aka A-Ray, aka Big Al, was able to help you out. I know you wanted to be with your son on his special day. It is shame you were not able to make it, but I am glad Alex could help you out. My staff and I will definitely recognize Alex for her efforts on this crazy night. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with all of us at the DoubleTree by Hilton St. Louis\Westport. I have made sure that many of our colleagues at LHM/Lodging Hospitality Management have also read this Trip-Advisor Review. If you are not home yet, I hope you get to your home soon, and please come back to our DoubleTree by Hilton and visit us again, and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!