“Very Good West Suburban Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #2 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Good West Suburban Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very good suburban business hotel well located off if I-270 and Page..

The hotel and rooms are very clean, comfortable and quiet.. no freeway noise at all. Free parking.

Although you have to pay for internet service which seems a bit chintzy and cheap on the part of the hotel now in light of its competitors and lower class hotels are now offering free internet as part of their room rates.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear phk123:

Thank you for staying at our DoubleTree by Hilton in St. Louis. I appreciate you calling our hotel, "clean, comfortable and quiet". Some time in 2013, internet will be complimentary to all guests. I hope you come back to see us soon.

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

arrived on the coldest night of the year with my hotel confirmation in my hand and was told by desk clerk I was at the wrong hotel. She offered to give me directions to the correct Doubletree. I asked if she could accommodate me at this hotel. She talked to her supervisor and she was able to get me in. Here name was Jacqueline and she went above and beyond to service my needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Carole G:

Thank you for staying with at our DoubleTree by Hilton and thank you for taking the time to write this TripAdvisor Review. I am sorry that you ended up at the wrong hotel, but glad that you ended up staying with us. I want to extend my appreciation for you recognizing Jacqueline. Jacqueline has really been doing a great job. She has been mentioned by numerous guests, and she is winning several of our Satisfaction and Guest Loyalty, or "SALT" contests at the hotel.
I will pass this on to Jacqueline when I see her tomorrow, along with something else that recognizes our associates that go out of their way to help guests. Again, thank you for pointing out her service and work. I can assure you, that your kind words have not fallen on deaf ears. Keep reviewing hotels, and I hope you come back to our DoubleTree by Hilton.

Comstock Park, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The DoubleTree Westport is an amazing value and a very nice hotel. The staff, specifically the breakfast hosts, helped make our stay very pleasant and they open at 6:00am on even on the weekends! The 24 hour fitness center is on the small side but has everthing you need except for a scale.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible for a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear grriceman:

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review in TripAdvisor. My staff and I are very pleased that you liked our hotel. Thank you for recognizing the dining room staff, and thank you for all the feedback. I hope you come back soon.

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating, but the hotel is literally next to a major highway. Even at night, the highway noise was difficult to drown out. Coupled with $10 internet per day, I can't rate this any higher, but not for any fault of the staff or quality of the facilities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Jay W:

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to compose this TripAdvisor review. I am sorry that you did not have a good stay because of the highway noise. I am not sure exactly what room you occupied. I wanted to check where the room was, and see if any of the three windows had broken seals. Please keep in mind we do have earplugs at the front desk. I am glad that you were able to review our DoubleTree by Hilton, and hope that you will think about staying with us again.

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Check-in wasn't great. Only one person checking in and there were three other people checking in, so there way a wait. I was given one room and couldn't get the door open, was told by the front desk that sometimes the lock flips over and locks from the inside. When another guest asked how they get in the rooms, we were told that maintenance has a special tool to get in. The door locks aren't very secure, obviously.
Anyway, I got to my room and sat down on the bed to start working. I went to turn on the lamp and you can see from the picture how filthy the lampshade was. It was hard not to notice the stains all over the bed skirts (both beds) and stains on the carpet. I went to adjust the heat at the window unit. This didn’t control the temperature, but it was filthy. The thermostat was filthy and I could never get the temperature right - either too hot or too cold.
When I went to check out the following morning, I passed the only person on duty. I don't know where he was going, but I waited at the desk and he never came back. I know he saw me with my luggage and coat on, he spoke to me, but didn't bother to see what I needed. I left and figured that they would know that I left.
There is no excuse for such a dirty, worn-down room. Never again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear brentwoodmom56:

Thank you for taking the time to compose this review and all of the other TripAdvisor reviews you have written. I am extremely sorry that we fell short during your stay earlier in the month. I apologize for not replying sooner. This review and a couple of others took about ten days to appear. I have shared all your comments with my managers during our standup meeting yesterday, and during our "Guest Satisfaction" meeting Thursday, where we review all of our surveys from TripAdvisor and our other sources, both internal and external. I appreciate all the feedback, and we have taken steps to make sure this does not happen again. My staff and I hope that you try our DoubleTree by Hilton, once more, when you come back to St. Louis.

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Looks like they take care of a lot of the airline people and are pretty focused on that. When we checked in at 3:30 the hallways were a mess, there were room service trays on the floor outside the door and left there for several hours. The Hotel appeared to be understaffed, of course it was new years day so I will let them slide on that. We asked for extra pillows and they never brought them. I really think that the wireless service should be free as well. A big let down!!! I think I am done with this hotel franchise

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear dyatt:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to compose this review. We are pretty focused on our Airline crews, but not anymore than any other guests. We had double the amount of airline crews, but for only day, and that was to assist another hotel that did not have the rooms. My apologies for the room service trays. The night before on New Years Eve, we had an unusually high amount of room service trays, and most of those were left in the rooms and then removed by housekeeping and picked up by room service during the afternoon. Wireless internet service will be free for all some time in 2013. I can't explain why your extra pillows were never brought to the room. I am sorry we fell short of providing good service during your stay with us and our DoubleTree by Hilton, and I hope you do give us another opportunity to serve you.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It had been a long day, I won't even get into it. But upon arrival, the young lady behind the front desk (Michelle) greeted me with a smile and a HELLO. She asked me what was wrong. After patiently listening to my whining, she asked what she could do could make things better (even though no of it was her fault nor the hotels). I asked for an extra cookie, which she cheerfully provided. And Michelle gladly answered my numerous questions.
Then if that wasn't enough, Alex came into the lobby, carrying water bottles. I asked if I could have one. She said, "you look like you've had a long day" and gladly provided me with a water and a smile.
If all hotel staff were even half as nice as these two ladies...

Room Tip: They all appear to be great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Michael161759:

I really am appreciative that you took some time to recap your stay at our DoubleTree by Hilton. Your review is a very generous act. You have recognized these two exceptional employees. By doing so you are assisting our DoubleTree in maintaining our CARING and Hospitable culture. Alex just graduated with a Hospitality degree. She was an intern for us during the summer of 2011 and came back as a supervisor upon graduation about 5 months ago. Michelle is a Hospitality student here in St. Louis. She is also one of our Certified Trainers. I had the opportunity to share your review with about half our staff and Alex yesterday. Today I will make sure that Michelle has read your review and I will share the review with the other half of the staff. Thank you again for your positive and uplifting review. Please come back soon to see us.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!