“Great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Springfield, Missouri
“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family used Double Tree's stay/park/fly program, where you stay the night before your flight and leave your car at Double Tree and the hotel provides shuttle service too and from the airport. It was an excellent experience and proved very convenient for our situation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Amy L from Springfield:

Thank you for staying with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am glad you took advantage of one Stay n Park/Park n Fly packages. This is becoming very popular at our hotel. I appreciate you calling your experience excellent. Come back soon.

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Silverdale, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotwire rental. Plenty of parking/hotel upgraded from St Louis Inn ownership. (But) Surprised/puzzled that other reviews seem to overlook road noise. Make sure you double ask for a quiet room. And don't be ashamed to "next morning" ask for the manager/relate your room experience

Room Tip: Double "ask" for a quiet room on check-in. Most rooms overlook the 270 freeway,,serious a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear GardnerHoodC:

Thank you for staying with us at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am sorry that you found room 808 to be noisy. We don't receive that many complaints on noise, but we are close to the highway, and I do appreciate the feedback. I hope you do give us another attempt to serve you. Our company, Lodging Hospitality Management, has almost twenty hotels in the St. Louis metro area, if you are ever looking for other options. Thank you for the review and I hope you have a great Holiday season.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great hotel. In town for a basketball tournament. Hotel was conveniently located by restaurants, shopping and interstate. Room waa clean and at a great AAA rate of $89. We would stay at this Doubletree again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Maddos4:

All I can say is THANK YOU! I appreciate your business and your review. Come back soon!.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The hotel is quite nice - beautiful lobby (for this range hotel), swimming pool, etc. I agree with others who have talked about it being a bit off-the-beaten path. But the thing I want to comment on is the really exceptional service they delivered to our 40-50 folks (parents and kids) who came to town for a rock climbing competition. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome - set up a special breakfast at 6am, had bottled water for people to take, set aside a hospitality room for us to use, and consistently treated us with courtesy and friendly smiles (as opposed to seeing it as a nuisance). Thanks for making it a great weekend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear MNStruthers:

My staff and I are happy that you decided to house your rock climbing group at our DoubleTree by Hilton. I like to think that we strive to treat everyone with respect and care. We try to hire people with principles that believe in not only treating people with respect, but with genuine hospitality and warmth. Thank you for the review and keep reaching for the "stars", one rock at a time. Perhaps we can house your group again or you, when you travel to St. Louis again.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment I checked in and received my warm cookie to the moment I left I received such excellent service from the staff here. Everyone went above and beyond to make my stay memorable. In particular your night front desk employee Chris kept me company when I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake my roommate. He went out of his way to help me and even went back and got me a cup of tea. I will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accommodations in St Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Will W:

Thank you for staying with us. I must start by communicating that I have never met anyone named Will or William that I did not like. William is my father and brother's name. You are extremely kind and I am glad you wrote about our "Excellent Service". I think we have someone special in Chris. Thank you for recognizing him. He has been with us a short time, but has been mentioned by guests on several occasions. That is not always easy, since Chris works the third shift as a night auditor. People working the third shift only see a fraction of our guests and don't experience all the opportunities to provide great service. I have shared your review with Chris and most of our team members at our DoubleTree by Hilton. Come back soon and often.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is an old property. The shower had low pressure and actually quit working altogether during my shower. I had to take a sponge bath using the sink. The business center had a moldy smell and seemed like it must have been flooded at some point. The staff was pleasant and comped my room for the shower problems but a room should not be rented without a working shower. I am a Hilton Honors member but will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear C. Z.:

Thank you for completing your two surveys of our DoubleTree by Hilton, and thank you for being a Hilton Hhonors, Blue member. You stayed at our hotel on November 28, 2012, on the eleventh floor, the top floor of our hotel. The Circuit Board that runs the pump that sends hot water up through the hotel, was not functioning. Our Chief Engineer had a new circuit board shipped overnight to our hotel. The circuit board arrived and was installed on November 29th. I am truly sorry that you experienced problems with the water pressure during your stay. I understand how you feel and hope that you will consider staying at our DoubleTree by Hilton again. Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to complete this survey. Have a great week!

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at your hotel! The staff at the check in was very welcoming. Chocolate chip cookie was a highlight, so later I had to pretend once again that I was a new visitor to get another one.
I am a touring musician being on the road for the last 2 months across US and Canada.
Your hotel was definitely one of the best!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Flyzoom:

Good morning and hello from St. Louis. I loved your review of our DoubleTree. We will provide you with all the cookies you would like. Perhaps we can work out some sort of a "Music for Cookies" trade, the next time you travel to St. Louis, Mo. Thank you for your business and for this review and come do come back soon.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!