“LHSA Auction 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1973 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146 (Formerly Holiday Inn St. Louis - Westport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Outlet Malls Savings
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Saint Louis, Missouri
“LHSA Auction 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The facilities were very good for our event. We did, however, have a couple of concerns with housekeeping items. The most important thing for use was you staff who were wonderful to work with. Dan and Bruce did nothing but help us in anyway they could. Sometimes in ways that were probably above and beyond. Your staff was kind, considerate and always willing to help us as well. Each staff person I encountered had a smile for me and was quick to help. It is a pleasure working with folks who can be flexible and make things work in situations. We have had great comments from our guests and volunteers as well. Thank you for a great event!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear LHSA5401:

Thank you for having your fund raising auction at our DoubleTree by Hilton. We have enjoyed hosting the event the past few years and we're sad that your event has outgrown our hotel, but thankful that you are keeping it within our LHM family, here in St. Louis. I was glad to read that staff was "Wonderful to work with". Thank you for recognizing Bruce Winter and Dan Goszewksi, and thanks for calling the staff kind and considerate. I also appreciate the feedback on housekeeping. We look forward to working with you again.

Dan Gough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were welcomed at the front desk by Adam. He was a gracious ambassador of the hotel and a harbinger of the excellent service to come. I am a Hilton VIP Gold member, and we were given a room on the 10th floor on the residential side of the building.The room and bath were roomy, well appointed, and very clean.The bed was what I have come to expect from a Hilton hotel -- so comfortable that I was asleep in 5 minutes. We took advantage of the hotel's indoor pool and hot tub spa. Both were clean, the water warm, and there were plenty of fresh towels. I availled myself of a drink at the bar one evening.The bartender did not have tomato juice to go with my vodka, but she walked all the way to the kitchen and was able to return with a V-8 (which also worked).
We ate breakfast each day at the hotel restaurant. It was superb, and I would highly recommend it. Greeting us each morning was the ever-cheerful, always-eager-to-please Jongae. She made every restaurant guest feel special and was ever attentive. The freshly-prepared omelettes were our favorite, but a close second were the assorted muffins.Yum! There were so many choices that even a picky eater would have had no trouble finding something to satisfy himself. I also ate dinner in Copperfields and found the menu to be generous with its choices and fairly priced.
I would have given this marvelous hotel 5 stars, however we had problems adjusting the thermostat in our room and it stayed at 69 degrees -- a bit too chilly for us Floridians. But, overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel when in the St. Louis area; I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Chugginaway:

Thank you for staying with us this month. I am glad you used and like our hot tub and pool. I especially like that you highlighted our breakast. Those assorted muffins are something new that Doubletree introduced earlier this year, and they have been well received.
I like how you described Ms. Yong Ae Watson of Copperfields. "Ever Cheerful" is a very fitting way to describe Yong Ae. Thank you also for the feedback on the thermostats, and please do come back soon.

De Soto, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the DoubleTree for a Softball tournament and it was completely full every night. Even though busy, the hotel staff was extremely helpful and accomodating. Would not hesitate to come back. I was especially appreciative to Jacqueline at the front desk for helping us have a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear KS Fog from Kansas:

Thank you for staying with us for the recent volleyball tournament. We liked being called "helpful & accomodating". I am also glad you will be returning to visit us if something else brings you back to St. Louis. I have copied Jacqueline, our guest services agent, on your review, and I have thanked her for providing you with good customer. I have also shared the review with my staff. Do come back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a nice hotel. Very accommodating and does a great job in making the customer stay a pleasant one. I was traveling with my mother who is a senior with limited mobility. I had forgotten to acquire if they had handicap rooms available with safety features. After we arrived and was settled into our reserved room I called the front desk and asked if by chance if they had shower chair for the tub and a rubber bath mat. The tub was a little slippery as no slip-proof strips were in the tub. They quickly bought in a chair and safety mat within minutes. There are a few suggestions I would like to make. There needs to be a full-length mirror in the bedrooms. There were no mirrors in the bedroom at all only one in the bathroom. Bathrooms need air vents because the mirror fogged up badly. Also, need to have install towel racks in the bathrooms. Overall, our stay was a good one.

Room Tip: Beware If you have adjourning rooms they are not sound proof. No mirrors at all in the bedroom only...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear sweetpea25:

You are very sweet! Thank you for staying with us and thank you for this review. The only rooms that don't have full length mirrors in the rooms are some of the rooms with connecting doors. The majority of the mirrors go right in that spot where the connecting door would be. We are considering installing some narrower mirrors in those handful of rooms that don't have the mirrors, and it is just a handful. The rooms that don't have towel racks, actually had the towels placed under the sink in a built-in wood shelf. Thank you for your feedback.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

That was an amazing stay in Double tree hotel. Perfect and cozy room. Great swimming pool and jacuzzi and sport center and business center. I had all I need during my stay and a perfect reception with a cookie. I'll definitely come back and also think of others Double Tree for my next trips. I didn´t know these hotels before and i´m convinced now!
I had also dinner at the restaurant and the meals were delicious and a super service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Gaelle C:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am glad to hear that you will definitely come back to our DoubleTree by Hilton. Your comments about the pool, jacuzzi, and the fitness center are much appreciated. Please come back soon.

Bristol, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Love the hotel - clean, SUPER team friendly for a softball event. More breakfast options would ahve been nice for a longer stay (we were there for 3 days) but still a great hot breakfast was the best way to start the day for 24 players, their parents, coaches and families! Elevator doors are silent even if you are on the elevator wall.

Room Tip: anywhere in hotel are great! there is not a bad room in the place!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Michele B from Bristol Wisconsin:

Thank you for staying with us last weekend. It was a busy, but fun weekend for our staff. I am so pleased that you loved the hotel and highly recommend it to other teams. We love having teams, and the softball teams, last weekend, were easy to service. We try to be "Team Friendly". We realize that the teams, like everyone else, have many choices and hotels to choose from. Glad you stayed with us and hope you do come back to see us when in St. Louis.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I am the manager of an Under-9 boys soccer team and booked this hotel through a group block. The property was very well maintained and the decor was modern and nice. Rooms were nice and clean. As a group we had a team breakfast (along with the many other teams staying in the hotel that weekend) in one of the conference rooms. I was expecting a little more than what was provided but it worked. The only major problem we had was the hockey team coach who had a room directly across the hall from us. His teenage boys literally sat outside our door talking because they were waiting on their meeting time with their coach. Mind you - this was between 10:30-11:30pm and our team had to be at the soccer fields at 7am the next morning. My husband went down to the front desk and eventually I went down as well. I was satisfied by the front desk staff's prompt reaction to this coach as I stood and watched from my room's peep hole as they came right up to talk with him. That prompt response by the staff saved the experience for us. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dangough, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear AAL77:

I am glad that your hockey team chose our DoubleTree by Hilton for your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. My staff and I really appreciate the business from the sports teams, especially the hockey teams. I am so glad to hear that someone from our staff quickly responded to your noise complaint and addressed the situation. I hope you do return to stay with us in the future.

Dan Gough

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport? Share your experiences!