“Excellent Service and Awesome Rate!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza

You added Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza to your Saves list
Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1881 Craigshire Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Illinois
“Excellent Service and Awesome Rate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family of 4 stayed at this hotel while in St Louis for the Cubs/Cards games. We've tried staying at the Marriott’s close to Busch stadium in the past and although it saves on parking, it's just too busy during baseball season. Westport plaza is a WONDERFUL area! The Residence Inn is set up more like a condo rather than a hotel. What made our stay was the excellent AAA discount we received. Two nights over a Cards baseball weekend only cost us a total of $222!!!! That's unheard of! Normally we pay that for one night. The room was decent, it needed a good dusting, but I think the increased amount of dust is caused by the fact that the rooms open up to the outdoors rather than into a hallway. Another issue was a spider infestation in the bathroom. They were little ones, but every time I went into the bathroom, there was a spider in the corner by the exhaust fan. I didn’t complain about that because my husband was willing to take care of all the spiders I spotted. Had he not been there, I would have definitely complained. As a Marriott rewards member, I always submit my room preference and requests online. We have allergies, we cannot use feather pillows. I always request a feather free room. We checked in to our room with 2 hours to spare before game time. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly male who informed me that he had left a letter on our table with a voucher for free merchandise from the market. The kids loved being able to redeem the voucher for some candy, which made their day. When we arrived in our room, I quickly realized that my request for a feather free room and extra towels had not been granted. A quick call to the front desk and the female on the other end (I think her name was Monica) was at our door within 15 minutes with everything that we needed. She also called our room and checked to make sure no one had peanut allergies because she wanted to bring us some milk and cookies for the inconvience. The staff went above and beyond to try to accommodate us. We will definitely stay here again.
The location is just the right distance from Busch Stadium, Science Museum, Zoo, Shopping, etc... There is also A LOT to do in Westport, nightclubs, comedy clubs, restaurants, etc...

The pool at the hotel is small but nice. My only complaint is that the pool does not require keyed access to get in. That made me a little nervous because it is an outdoor pool, and although there is a security camera monitoring the pool area, there's not much stopping anyone from coming in off the street to take a dip in the pool. The pool was also very crowded at night with the same loud crowd dominating the tables, chairs, firepit area, and pool. It might have been a family reunion, but when they were out enjoying the pool while consuming cocktails, the language became colorful and loud. Because of the size of the pool, it's really not conducive to large groups traveling together.

Overall, this is a clean, well priced, friendly hotel. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Try to get a lower level if you have small children because there is no elevator to take strollers u...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
chuck s, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
LikesItClean,

Thank you for sending your very detailed survey. It was fun and insightful to read and pass on to my staff. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and you brought along your personal pest control agent. During these hot summers even the occasional spider likes to cool off and annoy the rest of us.

I do apologize we were not set up for your personalized request as we try very hard to meet all the special needs and requests but was again pleased to see we made things right very quickly. We look forward to your next visit here at the Residence Inn St. Louis Westport.

Chuck Schoene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Arrived after midnight. Everything within 60 miles was booked. Had a reservation down the street, but they still didn't have a room. HOWEVER, we were exhausted, rained out, and decided to make one last try, and there was Residence Inn. The girl at the front desk was fantastic. She welcomed us, somehow found a room for us, and even apologized for the other hotel's faux pas more than they did. I don't know how you had the last room available in the whole area, at midnight, but thank you! And, the room was nicely decorated and quiet. The mattress sucked, but after a long day and a 'room miracle', we didn't even care. Thank you R.I. and especially the nite shift girl at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012
Cindy H,

Thank you very much for your kind words and taking time to let us know about your stay. I am pleased to hear that we were able to meet your needs so late in the evening. I can only imagine the frustration that late at night. I have passed on your comments to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again.

lilly pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay here every 3 months, the staff remembers me and calls me by name. Every one is so friendly. Rooms,actually apartments are clean nicely decorated. meals are very good, though the area can get a bit crowded at times.

Room Tip: if you have small children or are older request room on ground floor as the place is set up like apa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
minnieme1,

Thank you so much for your constant patronage and kind words. I look forward to your next visit. If you have a moment, please stop by and see me anytime as my office is always open or visit with me Wednesday night during our Manager BBQ night.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you have ever stayed at a Residence Inn before then you already know what your room will look like. Typical furnishings and layout. Unfortunately this one is well used as our rooms were a little tired i.e. worn carpet areas, ripped furniture etc. Nothing major - just tired. Bed was very comfortable although I still hate those small sqare pillows Marriot has switched to. Friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Plus the location is good for STL burb business.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces towards the parking lot to avoid the expressway noise
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
chuck s, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We know people are busier now more than ever so it is always appreciated when people take the time to let us know how we are doing.

We, at the Residence Inn St. Louis / Westport, always work hard to go above and beyond for our guests from product to service. We are currently replacing carpet in the rooms that are much needed and looking forward to our upcoming renovation in the next couple years.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was comfortable and relaxing. Our room was very nice and quiet. The only slight problem is that it was on the second floor and we had to bring our luggage up the stairs. Other than that minor issue, we had no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
rockledgewi,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I truly apreciate you taking time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to your next return.

md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family stayed here the night before a flight out of St. Louis. The rooms are spacious and clean (although in certain parts the carpet is getting a bit frayed). The staff was very accomodating, including the morning kitchen staff giving my kids some Nickolodeon-themed items to entertain them.

We had an issue in the bathroom and would have switched rooms but our children were already sleeping. The issue was brought to hotel management the next day and we reached an agreement on a partial refund in 5 seconds flat - no hassle at all.

Overall, we had a very pleasant stay here, any issues were remediated without hesitation, and I'd stay here again/recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
md_travelerMd,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I really appreciate your kind words about your the hotel your stay at the Residence Inn St. Louis / Westport. It is never a good thing when our guests experience a problem though I was glad to hear we solved it to your satisfaction.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had a fabulous time while staying at the Residence Inn Westport starting the minute we checked in. The front desk staff were very nice and personable, like they were happy to have us visit. We were celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary and the staff was genuinely excited for us. They were quick to offer us anything that would make our stay more enjoyable and made it seem like we were visiting friends rather than just checking in to another hotel. And it was the same experience with every hotel staff member we talked to. Best customer service I have ever had at a hotel. The friendliness was contagious, too. The staff talking to the guests encouraged the guests to mingle and be sociable as well.
The property itself was awesome. I liked parking right outside our door and within easy distance to the lobby/courtyard/pool. The pool was great. Very clean and refreshing after a day's bike ride. The hot tub was the perfect temperature. We didn't use the grill/fire pit area, but it was a very nice touch. If we had stayed longer, we would have taken full advantage. At least it made the atmosphere feel like a backyard.
The rooms were awesome, too. Loved having a sitting area separate from the sleeping area. The kitchen was fully stocked and easy to use. Everything was extremely clean and comfortable. We were only there one night, but I can see how this would be a wonderful extended stay property. One guy we met had been a guest there for a month and said it was the perfect hotel.
Loved everything about the hotel. We will definitely be back and recommend this property to anyone staying in the area. Great job! Our stay reminded me why I love to travel.

Room Tip: Building 2 is directly across from the lobby with parking right outside your door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Shelley E,

First let me just say thank you so much for your review of our property. I enjoy reading any and all the reviews people send me as it shows the great success of all the hard work we put in everyday or gives areas to improve on.

Your review however goes beyond all of that. I have printed your kind words and read them to the staff and sent off to corporate office. We look forward to seeing you back at the Residence Inn St. Louis / Westport on your next trip to our city.

Chuck Schoene

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Westport Plaza? Share your experiences!