You added Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Westport Plaza, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Maryland Heights
San Francisco, CA
“OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

Stayed at the Sheraton Westport Chalet on June 30, 2005. The hotel is an older Sheraton whose common areas were dated. The front desk clerk gave the wrong directions and I ended up in a different wing of the hotel. Once I got on track and made it to the right place, he room was large and updated. However, you could not view the TV from the bed since the TV was enclosed in a cabinet which did not extend or swivel out. Strange. The sheets had some stains. There were quite a few children sports teams staying at the hotel with kids running through the halls and throwing food. Someone in another room must have called security and the noise quieted down around 11pm.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Paducah, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2005

Stayed one night for $37 through Priceline; the going rate was $159 a night. The front desk clerks were very nice and accommodating to us. We had three rooms and they were able to get them all together. There were warm cookies and fresh fruit available in the front lobby in the afternoon and in the morning, regular and decaf coffee. The exterior does need some sprucing up and they are currently working on this because crews were painting while we were there. The pool area was great for the kids, though the water was very cold. Adjacent to the West Port entertainment complex, Starbucks. This was my second time staying here. Last year, I was in a different tower and the room was slightly bigger. I liked this room better this time. Though smaller, we were just closer to the lobby etc. Nice fitness room but I didn't check it out. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. Upon checkout, it looks like it could be had for $34. It was a great location for us and I wouldn't hesistate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

My husband and I attended a conference held at the Chalet and stayed in one of the standard "two doubles" rooms. The room was fairly comfortable -- good mattress, pillows and linens as Sheraton promises, good lighting, furniture not too worn. Facilities appeared to be clean.

The hotel is located quite far from the city, and without a car that means relying on the hotel shuttle bus (which only runs every half hour and stops at 11) which then takes you to the airport so you can then hop on the light rail and take the extra half-hour to reach downtown. A bit tedious, and could be improved simply by running the shuttle more often.

We had two major service problems while there during our short three-night stay. Though our rate included buffet breakfast, at check-in we were not given the necessary coupons, and not having known that we would even need those we proceeded to help ourselves to breakfast the first morning. We were hassled beyond belief, by a procession of staff who interrogated us and made us feel as if they thought we were trying to get away with something -- to the point that I had to go back to the room during breakfast and retrieve the printout with the info on it. Bringing it back to the breakfast table, a "manager" stalks up, sticks her hand across our table and barks, "LEMME HAVE IT", then stalks off without telling us what she was going to do, and talks with yet another manager at the front desk. When she returns it is clear that she is not literate enough to read the terms accurately, and so we must clarify to her that the confirmation reads, "one breakfast PER PERSON" etc... She was but the most unpleasant of a series of people who we were forced to interact with during our breakfast and its aftermath. I was furious at the poor treatment and stressful time it produced for us, and demanded to speak with the general manager. Satish listened carefully, took responsibility, and comped us 4000 Starwood Points -- a satisfactory response, in our view.

The desk staff also seemed to have a terrible time understanding that though we have different last names we were actually married (duh! what century are we in?), and needed to have the bill under one name for employer compensation purposes. It took several attempts and a good deal of time to get the situation straightened out.

Lahaina, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2004

Stayed here last weekend on a $40 Priceline deal, so I can't complain about the price. However, I definitely would not call this a three-star hotel, as Priceline did. There are two Sheraton Westport hotels, the Plaza and the Lakeside Chalet, both owned by the same company. I have stayed at the Plaza in the past, and it is acceptable. However, the Lakeside Chalet is badly in need of renovation. Carpeting is run down and many areas need paint. Elevators appear shabby and one or the other was not operating during most of my stay. The air conditioning unit in my room sounded like a jet taking off when it was attempting to cool. The door to the balcony was inoperable, apparently because the balcony itself was unsafe accoring to a sign on the door. The front desk staff was unfriendly and apparently incompetent, as they spent nearly ten minutes checking me in. At the end of my stay, my credit card had been charged for the amount that the hotel should have charged to Priceline. I got this corrected, but it took another ten minutes. On the good side, the bed had recently been replaced with the new Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper", and it was quite comfortable. For $40 per night, not a horrible deal. However, I would have been quite unhappy had I paid any more.

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!