“It's a place to stay...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis to your Saves list
Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   191 Westport Plaza, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Rochester
“It's a place to stay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Although the Chalet has been through a fairly recent renovation, it can't overcome its natural obstacles -its original architecture! From the outside you will wonder who thought is would be a fit to drop cheap swiss imitation design in the middle of the STL suburbs. Then you will notice small rooms where, for instance, the bathroom door is inevitably in your way. That is the downside.
Upside: The service is very good...they work hard with what they have. The club service for SPG club level guests is always attentive (Edgar is polite and service oriented). The fitness room is updated, though small. Front desk works fast and is courteous even when busy.
As I said in the title - it's a place to stay. For the price they charge, you can sleep safe and sound and feel like it was a fair exchange. Beyond that, well, it won't likely win any awards soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Connie J, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear lynchfamily1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay.

We are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience with our staff at the Chalet. Associates such as Edgar shine and foster a welcoming environment at our property. We are glad that he had provided such a high level of service and that your interaction with the front desk had been stress-free.

We are sorry to hear that you had not been as pleased with the design of our property. A series of renovations are on the horizon for further updates on rooms and the larger property.

Once again we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reeds Spring, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last minute travel plans led us to use Priceline to book a hotel for the beginning of our 25th Anniversary road trip in St. Louis. We bid $60.00 and won for this 3 star hotel. We weren't expecting anything really great, but ended up being very disappointed. Upon arrival, they let us know that all the King beds were taken, so we received a double room. The bed was full of springs that pinched and the room was in need of repair. They felt bad so they did give us a free breakfast voucher. We did enjoy excellent service from Collin during breakfast both days. Our room was not serviced while we were out, so we called to let them know. It took them until midnight after a second call to bring fresh towels. A promise of free breakfast for our troubles was not delivered until we let Collin know, then he fixed that. Poor service for a 3 star hotel. I couldn't help but wonder if we hadn't used Priceline they might have treated us better.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here-stay in a Hilton instead, they treat you much better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 960LisaA,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property.

I sincerely apologize that you encountered the issues you did at our property during your anniversary stay. We value all of our guests, irregardless of booking method. Rest assured that your issue with room type as well as responsiveness to requests has been shared with the general manager and front office manager. I am glad to hear that Colin had taken such good care of you within our restaurant, being of assistance during your stay.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and will be using it to foster growth and improvement.
Florissant, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel was a little dated room smelled kind of musty. staff went out of their way to be helpful. Housekeeping was not good. meeting rooms were great Location was wonderful something around every corner. There is a beautiful lake with a great walking path. Parking was an issue with all of the weddings, and meetings taking place there. Exercise room was good. Check in was quick and easy.

Dear Tammie S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay.

It is a pleasure to hear that our staff was responsive to your needs and the meeting rooms had contributed to the success of your trip. We are glad that you had taken advantage of the walking path around our lake and enjoyed the setting of our property.

We apologize that you had a lesser experience with housekeeping and you encountered issues with smell within your room. Your issues are being shared with the director of housekeeping so steps can be taken to improve.

Thank you once again for staying with us and sharing your experience.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had an excellent experience from the first meeting with Beverly Pruett, through the planning stages through to the reception. Beverly always responded to our questions promptly and helped with planning ideas when we were stumped. The food choices were wonderful and our meal was delicious. We had many compliments from our guests. Our rooms were excellent. Very clean and the service staff were there with anything we needed. The front desk also was very efficient and helpful. We will be singing your praises to all of our friends who were not with us, because anyone there with us will be sharing their good time. Thank you so much for helping us have the perfect party for our daughter and her new husband.

Room Tip: We had guests in rooms throughout the building, and didn't hear any complaints about any of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam G, Manager at Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear HappyMom45,

Thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Chalet we appreciate your positive feedback about your experience.

I am glad to hear everyone enjoyed their stay and our staff was attentive to your needs.

Thank you again for your comments we are glad you chose the Sheraton Chalet for your wedding.
Mount Ja
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The new part of the hotel (floors 3 & 4, I think) is reportedly much nicer than the older part (floors 1 & 2). I was stuck in the older section, and it was very dated. Cracked paint, musky smell, old, stained carpet. It wasn't "run down", just dated and in need of renovations. The staff was nice enough, and it was relatively clean. Breakfast staff was extremely polite. The location is convenient.

Room Tip: Request upstairs!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jennifer B,

I would like to thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Chalet in Westport. I would like you to know we apperciate your business.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues on our first floor with a musky smell and thought it was dated.

I am passing your comments along to our general manager so he will be able to use your comments for our next renovation.

Again thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us.
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was here for a conference and I was looking forward to staying here. The place is beautiful with the pond in the back of the hotel and the marble interior. Meeting rooms were in good shape and we had no problems with access to the wifi on the convention floor. My room was pleasant, nicely maintained, in neutral colors. I was in a corner room, with a balcony that unfortunately faced the delivery entrance and not the pond. Pity, but since I wouldn't spend much time in the room I was fine with that. My biggest problem with the room was getting into the room. It did not open easily, I had to use my shoulder to push hard just to get in. That got old real fast. But at night I found that my room faced two busy roads, so I heard traffic all night, unless the AC was running. That unit was so loud that I had to crank up the TV, when I was watching a show. I had no such option when I decided to turn in. Oh, the hall ways had great acoustics, I heard every conversation, every door slam and every trip to the ice machine which was next to my room. Since I was not getting any sleep that night I had a lot of time to contemplate how hard my mattress was. So mixed review for me, meetings rooms good, access to restaurants good, charming place, but I would not want to stay there again...

Carol D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your thoughts about the Sheraton Chalet in Westport. We appericaite your business and are glad you stayed with us. I am sorry you had issues with your HVAC unit and the location of your room.

I would like you to know that I have passed your inforamtion along to our maintenance team and our general manager so we can correct the issues with the room and see if there is something we can do about the outside noise and hallway noise.

Again we appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sheraton Chalet.
Manchester, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sheraton Westport Lakeside Chalet continues to provide good food and good service from a staff that has become familiar with our expectations. They provide flexibility from a responsive management staff. We're a satisfied customer that continues to come back to have them host our food function/education programs. The location is accessible and central for our local attendees.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear D L,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Sheratons Chalet in Westport. We appreciate you positive feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the food we provided for your group.

I am glad to hear that our location was ideal for you group and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

I would like to thank you again for staying at the Sheraton Chalet we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel St. Louis? Share your experiences!