“12/3 Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport

You added Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport to your Saves list
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2454 Old Dorsett Rd, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“12/3 Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My groom and I, as well as most of the guests from our wedding stayed at this location over the weekend on 12/3/11. We had an AMAZING experience there, from the moment we checked in, we had an early check in that was no problem, the guest services were wonderful, and the breakfast and evening kickback are the best value anywhere.
And the most impressive thing happened after the stay- there were some issues with my bank and holding charges (like how the hotel preauthorizes charges) and I called the hotel and within moments they faxed over a letter fixing it with the bank!
Could not have asked for anything more!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

My overall experience was very good because: (1) the staff was hospitable, welcoming and professional, (2) hotel room was very clean with recently updated modern decor, (3) good hotel atmosphere, (4) nice safe location and (5) good food. My family and I had driven all night, upon arrival, at approximately 9:30 AM, the hotel allowed us an early check in. They alerted the staff that we had arrived. I felt like royalty. The rooms were nice and clean, and I was informed that we were the first to stay in the newly remodeled room. The breakfast was wonderful, ranging from omlettes, bacon, canadian bacon, turkey sausage, etc. The french toast sticks were the best I've ever tasted. There was also a variety of surrounding eateries at reasonable prices. In fact, the hotel rates were reasonable and well worth the money. The first couple of days they phone in our room didn't work, but I was ok w/ that because our 3 year old liked to play on the phone. I was a little disappointed the second day to find out that it was not the hotel's policy to clean when rooms are occupied, however, I told the manager I needed fresh towels and garbage taken out and he took care of it. Otherwise, when we were out the housekeeping cleaned the room well. I would recommend this hotel to others without reservation. Whenever we come to the St. Louis area, this will be our regular hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I've always felt Hampton Inns to be a bit over-priced and this situation was amplified when this chain was absorbed into the Hilton Family. This particular facility, tucked in, well, hidden behind a Quality Inn off Exit 17 of I-270 can be spotted but hard to get to as this interchange (a traffic engineer's wet dream but a driver's nightmare) can be rather tricky to negotiate. Parking is convenient and free and the immediate neighborhood is rife with all types of restaurants from fast food to more up-scale. A complimentary breakfast is served here. It has the usual items with the hot selections being tepid at best (par for the course at practically any breakfast buffet), a good selection of yogurts, pastries and a mixed fruit bowl featuring, wonder of wonder, orange sections (a favorite of mine) and melon pieces which are actually ripe. A particular pet peeve of mine is unripe melon on buffets. Who on earth likes their melon "al dente" and tasteless anyhow? Cranberry and apple juices are offered from a machine but no OJ - a curious omission. So thank goodness for those orange sections! There are apples and bananas (the selection varies by day) set out all day long. Also, the lovely lady who oversees the breakfast room brought around little boxes of mints as well. This woman's graciousness is matched by all the staff here whom I found unfailingly cheerful, friendly, and helpful from front desk to housekeeping.

Elevators to the upper floors are mid-way down the first floor hall of rooms (which also features a small fitness center). My request to be put near an ice machine to chill insulin was happily accommodated. The room was comfortable in the standard sense. The bed was very good except the mattress had a tendency to slide about on top of the box spring. The beds were oddly positioned in the room - one being too close to the wall, both being too close to each other (the night stand jammed between them), thereby leaving enough wasted space to host a sock hop. This was just a bad lay-out, pure and simple. My only other beefs are those which are common to many hotel rooms in which I've stayed, be they modest or more high-priced.

There was no easily accessible wall plug for my Bi-Pap breathing machine. Tracking the bedside clock and lamp cords was impossible because moving the bed was difficult owing to its weight and its being positioned too close to the wall. I finally found an outlet ON THE OPPOSITE WALL after moving a heavy chest of drawers on which the TV sat and, having learned to always carry an extension cord, was in business. There were a pair of sconce lamps by each bed with the new-fangled very bright bulbs which would be nice if one was accustomed to reading in bed. The work area, however, was paneled in very dark wood as part of a pre-fab unit which included the closet on the far side of the room, not next to the entry door and bathroom as one normally finds the closet. The work area was, in fact, more like a dark alcove with two small, old-fashioned light bulbs which provided very little light and was blocked off from any sunlight from the adjacent window by the dark paneled wood. The desk chair was comfortable. The easy chair was placed in such a position that one could only look out the window sideways or straight ahead at a blank wall. It was useless for watching television (I used the desk chair; I do NOT like watching TV from a bed.). On one of the double beds was a cushioned tray with end holes (to be used as handles?) on which one found the TV remote, the channel guide, and the HBO calendar.

There was a second light switch at the work station which seemed to affect nothing. It wasn't until the next day that a visiting friend turned it on and I, on the other side of the room, realized it operated a panel of hidden, indirect lights above the closet/work station of such dimness that it would only be good to simulate candlelight or some other mood-setting effect. I discovered quite by accident the second night that the distant outlet into which I'd placed my sleep apnea machine was controlled by the light switch at the entrance to the room which I thought only controlled the mid-wall sconce above the TV! I just don't understand such useless electrical anomalies such as this in hotel rooms. The black-out curtain on the small window was very effective.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Spotless room, excellent swimming facility . Great restaurant next door. The staff was very helpful. Continental breakfast was excellent..lots of variety.

Room Tip: nice view of the city..extremely quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Newburgh, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

As with every Hampton I've stayed at in the past year, the bed was wonderfully comfortable (so comfortable that we had a really hard time getting out it in the morning) and the breakfast was nothing outrageous, but good.

The room looked to be recently updated and the bathroom was nice. Everything was clean, except for the soap dish next to the sink (we found a couple of curly black hairs on it, which sent me on a search for more...I didn't find any). It wasn't too big of a deal...we just didn't use it. Our first room keys didn't work, so I had to go back down to the hotel lobby to get another set of keys. Those were our only negative issues.

The location was perfect for seeing a concert at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. It only took us about 10 minutes to get there. It probably took around 20-30 minutes to get back because of the concert traffic. I think that if we would have taken side roads instead of the interstate, we might have been better off.

We also visited Delmar Loop, which was maybe 20 minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011 via mobile

Nice and clean. Hotel was full with the Cubs in town. Rates were great compared to downtown. Not too far out to drive.

• Stayed July 2011
Doyline, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

This Hampton Inn was clean and comfortable. $79 for the night (+taxes $91), I was very pleased for the price!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport? Share your experiences!