“Lacking service in some areas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport

You added Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport to your Saves list
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13639 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and save!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rigby, Idaho
“Lacking service in some areas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

This is a good hotel, typical of what you will find with Homewood Suites. My stay was OK, but I will not likely return here because of the service issues. I needed to print something, and both printers in the hotel business center were non-functional. Breakfast was poorly staffed and serviced. I was constantly looking for either a spoon, knife, etc. The bowls disappeared one morning and I had to eat cereal from a paper coffee cup. The OJ was VERY watered-down another morning. These issues were not big, but they all added up to create an impression for me that the staff doesn't pay attention to the details, and the management is likely unaware.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HWSRiverportGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
“Dear ajnuff,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Because business travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Debbie Newton

General Manager”

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Spent 3 nights here in early December 2010 and was very satisfied. I stayed here because I had business meetings in Springfield, IL and Jefferson City, MO and St Louis is about halfway between the two.

This is a newer hotel located in a business park just off of I-70 and is a short 10 minute ride from the airport’s car rental area.

Room was very spacious with a full kitchen, couch, desk and good internet service. The hotel serves a complimentary breakfast and dinner. Never took advantage of the dinner, but found the offerings at breakfast to be quite good, with plenty of items to choose from. They also had packages of cookies, some fruit and beverages available in the afternoons for a quick snack.

Located nearby is a convenience store/gas station and a fast food restaurant. Also within the business park is a Dave & Buster’s restaurant. The St Louis Mill’s Mall is a relatively short drive away as well.

Overall the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will very likely stay here again based off of this experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

You expect a certain something from a hotel by Hilton. And this hotel has it. It is comfortably furnished, has very good service staff and provided a great full service breakfast every morning. In short, it was just what we needed to recover from a 20 hour journey with a infant in tow. Its location in a business park is very convenient for business travelers too...Nearby attraction include Verizon amphitheater, Harrah's Casino and Creve Coeur County Park.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

The facility offered wonderful suites at competitive prices. They are roomy and very comfortable (much better than close-by Residence Inn which needs updating). Nice, quiet location, yet very convenient to I-70, I-270, I-370, Lambert Airport, St. Louis Mills Shopping, and St. Charles historic district. Very nice breakfast everyday with a nice buffet M-T. The beds are oh-so-comfortab.e

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

This hotel was perfect for the proximity to the Verizon Amphitheatre. The person who checked us in was very friendly. I think her name was Dena. The first day we were there, the room had been cleaned before we returned from breakfast! The room was spotless and the suite was much bigger than I expected. The kitchen had a full-sized refrigerator, small range and dishwasher. We were there for a race that began at the amphitheatre so the location was perfect. I couldn't find many restaurants close by, but for the race it was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed here to just get away from home for a night. I have been a hotel manager in the area for five years and i must say our check in was smooth and the agent delivered excellent service. If I had an opening I would've offered her a position.
When we entered the room it was very clean. Typically, in a smoking room you will see reminders that it was indeed a smoking room. Out of my own error I accidentally ordered the wrong movie which I was willing to pay for if it couldn't be removed from my bill. The clerk that answered at the desk was glad to remove it.
The only small interruption was on the day of checkout I had a "do not disturb" sign on my door and still had an hour before checkout time. Well, the housekeeper knocked on the door. I know many times guests leave the signs on the door but are in fact already gone. I can understand the room attendant wanting to start cleaning. No harm no foul. I still left her a $20 tip before my wife and I left.

• Stayed July 2010
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Close to concert theater. Hotel itself and staff was way above our expectations. Extremely clean and looks fresh and new. Every staff member very courteous and professional. Would definately stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport? Share your experiences!