“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13735 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Springfield, Missouri
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I should start by saying that I got a FANTASTIC low rate per night on a room here through hotwire. I wasn't expecting a ton, but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and nice. The bed was surprisingly comfortable, given that its a Holiday Inn Express. My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We probably would have enjoyed an indoor pool, but the fact that there wasn't one at this property was not a dealbreaker. It's in a bit of a strange location - in the middle of an office park -and there's no bar or restaurant, but it is next to a Dave and Busters, so we walked over there both evenings, once for dinner and once just for a snack at the end of the night. The breakfast area is large (large enough to accommodate the hordes of cheerleaders and cheer parents that were there the weekend we stayed). There is a good assortment of breakfast foods including pastries, cereal, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and some kind of breakfast meat (not the same every day). The warm cinnamon rolls that were there both mornings, while not in the least bit healthy, were AWESOME.

I'd stay here again if the price were right. It's also a great option if you are in the area for a concert at the amphitheater. It's probably a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel, and would save you from fighting the traffic in and out of the parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear GoChicaGo5,

Thanks for staying with us! We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to St. Louis.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
wichita, Kansas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Room was average for a HI-Exp. Kind of worn down. We never get maid service and asked for towels, but we never got them. We ate breakfast down stairs and it wasnt very good..usual sugary stuff that hotels offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Michelle C,

Thank you for your feedback. You will be happy to know we are getting ready to start a renovation which will bring us new carpet, furniture, and much more! We will also be adding new healthier breakfast items soon. I hope you will come back and try us again!

Powell, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Let me just flat out say that I loved this hotel. I can not express how much I loved this hotel!!! It was awesome for being here for a week. Where do I begin for this review? Let me start with the room. Since we were staying here for a robotics competition the rooms filled up quickly and there were no non smoking rooms left so we had to get a smoking room. Not a big deal on that issue so i am not grading the hotel on that. This holiday inn express needs a little update on their beds and hotel in general because its not like the new holiday inn expresses. Beds were the comfortable beds! Also along with the pillows. I wanted to steal one of their pillows just because of how comfortable they are! Room did not come with mini fridge or microwave so that was a little disappointing but you could ask the lobby for the mini fridge if you really needed it. Rooms got cleaned everyday and was awesome! Showers stayed warm for however long I was in there so that was nice! Staff here were wonderful! Especially the ones that were driving the shuttle bus. Always got us to the airport on time to use the metro. Breakfast was good! Had the usual hotel continental breakfast but seemed to have a little extra in choices which was nice. If I come to St. Louis again this will be the hotel that I stay at! Thank you for a wonderful stay!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dallas R,

Thank you for the kind review and especially the compliments on our staff! We really appreciate your business and hope to see you in St. Louis again soon!

Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were on a bus tour and stayed twice, as we passed thru St Louis each way. This is a beautiful facility, very large breakfast room, beautiful lake and grounds out back, very large extremely nicely appointed rooms. The breakfast was wonderful. Huge variety, just about anything you could ask for and very tasty. Even fresh hot cinnamon rolls each morning.
We stayed on the third flood the first time and as it appeared clean, it really had not been thoroughly cleaned for a long time. I dropped my watch behind the night stand and when my husband pulled it out to retrieve my watch I was shocked. There was so much dust and dirt, I couldn't believe it. There wasn't much we could do then, just put the furniture back and not breathe too deeply. The bathroom smelled strongly of urine and upon further investigation, noticed yellow stains on the wall just beside the toiled. Not too hard to figure that one out !
We stayed on the fifth floor the next time and it was extremely clean, those housekeepers did a much better job than the third. No complaints on 5.
Both days upon arrival we were NOT greeted by the same unpleasant young woman. She was so rude to everyone, announcing to everyone check in time wasn't until 4, it was 2:45. We had our itinerary for a month, so I can't imagine it should have been a surprise to them as to what time we were coming. She said we all (about 50 of us) would have to wait, as we stood there in the lobby holding our suit cases very weary, until every room had been cleaned. So instead of holding up a couple of people, hold up 50!! I can't imagine a large hotel keeping anyone so rude.
Overall, I would recommend this facility, as it does have a lot of advantages.

Room Tip: Stay off the third floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear happyandretiredkf318,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed our facility! I am very sorry that we did not have rooms ready when you arrived. We try our best to have rooms ready at your requested check-in time and I apologize that this did not happen this time around.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was tired........definitely time for a redo. The towels and washcloths were clean but threadbare and stained. The electrical outlets had different color plates than the plugs. The grille on the ac was broken. There were smudges on the walls everywhere. the wall of the shower was cracked and the counters had different shades of caulk around it. The carpet was stained. I was on the 5th floor and the ice machine spit out two or three cubes at a time about 20 seconds apart.
The woman that checked me in on the 9th of October was very busy with her personal business and I felt like I was putting her out to even check me in. The breakfast was runny watery eggs and sausage in a bath of grease, no bacon. I did not partake of the breakfast....the coffee was excellent. Internet was acceptable until it froze for about an hour at 10 pm. I travel most weeks and am not all that picky but they have milked this property for all she is worth. It is an excellent location but I will not stay there again. The bright spot was a very nice cheerful lady on the front desk in the morning, I believe her name is Sandy.

Room Tip: As a platinum Member I was supposedly given a better room. If that is their better room I would rath...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear jfdatl,

Thank you for staying with us and for being a Platinum member. We are getting ready to make some major improvements to the hotel. We will start our renovation later this year and hope to be finished in spring of 2014. All area of the hotel will be renovated including the guest rooms, breakfast area, lobby, and fitness center. We hope you will come back and give us another shot.

Los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my first time staying at a holiday inn express and I was disappointed. The family got two rooms and the air conditioning did not work well in either room. It was too cold during the day and then at night, it barely worked so we were sweltering. The doors also looked like someone had tried to break into them. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie W

I am sorry to hear your room wasn't what you expected. We always want to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we will take your feedback to make sure we make improvements. I hope you will give us another shot next time you are in town.

Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I understand hotels go through wear and tear with the thousands of people that are in and out of them, so I'm not going to nit pick on this stain, or this crack. By all means it wasn't ran down, but it wasn't a 5 start hotel either.

I felt very welcomed when I arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Any staff I came across during my stay, whether it be front end, maintenance, or house keeping, they all acknowled me.

My room was larger than most hotels I stay in for business, so it was comfortable and I didn't feel cramped.

Over all, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TaraLynn74,

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You will be happy to know we will be going through a renovation starting later this year, so our product will be new and improved come spring!

John V

Been to Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis? Share your experiences!